Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2018, 02:19 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,235,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbernard View Post
I just watched the video, and unless I missed it, I didn't hear anything about her instructing anyone to delete specific emails.
Why Hillary Clinton Deleted 33,000 Emails as Secretary of State - ABC News

"[Clinton] then was asked by her lawyers at the end, 'Do you want us to keep the personal emails?' And she said, 'I have no use for them anymore.' It's then that they issued the direction that the technical people delete them," Comey told lawmakers.

In total, more than 30,000 emails were deleted "because they were personal and private about matters that I believed were within the scope of my personal privacy,"

"They had nothing to do with work," Clinton added. "I didn't see any reason to keep them ... no one wants their personal emails made public, and I think most people understand that and respect that privacy."

However, after a year-long investigation, the FBI recovered more than 17,000 emails that had been deleted or otherwise not turned over to the State Department, and many of them were work-related, the FBI has said.

So she told her lawyers she didn't need them. Therefore, and only because of that, they were deleted.

Furthermore, those emails were under subpoena. Deleting ANY of them is a crime. Period.

Now you've been educated.

You're welcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2018, 02:21 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
By the way, still waiting on how that video shows that Hillary instructed anyone to delete specific emails.
It is not relevant who deleted them.

Hilary was the person who had custody of those classified emails, she is responsible for handling them properly.

If Hilary took home top secret memos and left them unattended, she committed a felony. It does not matter if her house maid thought she threw them in the trash can, or if Hilary thought she did. Either way, the memo was improperly handled, improperly stored, and improperly destroyed, since the FBI was able to go in there and recover the top secret memo.

Old 01-05-2018, 02:25 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post

"[Clinton] then was asked by her lawyers at the end, 'Do you want us to keep the personal emails?' And she said, 'I have no use for them anymore.' It's then that they issued the direction that the technical people delete them," Comey told lawmakers.

In total, more than 30,000 emails were deleted "because they were personal and private about matters that I believed were within the scope of my personal privacy,"

"They had nothing to do with work," Clinton added. "I didn't see any reason to keep them ... no one wants their personal emails made public, and I think most people understand that and respect that privacy."

However, after a year-long investigation, the FBI recovered more than 17,000 emails that had been deleted or otherwise not turned over to the State Department, and many of them were work-related, the FBI has said.

So she told her lawyers she didn't need them. Therefore, and only because of that, they were deleted.

Furthermore, those emails were under subpoena. Deleting ANY of them is a crime. Period.

You're welcome.
It won't matter to the Clinton sycophants, because they have made up their minds that nothing matters.

You can cite chapter and verse, with documented proof of the laws broken, and how Clinton broke those laws, as we have done already, and it will just bounce off their heads.

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Designed to investigate possible criminal behavior by Hillary Clinton, Huma Abedin, Loretta Lynch, and Eric Holder.

It's not about Trump.
True. And it isn't "possible" criminal behavior. As far as the "email investigation" goes, it is. Having had a secret clearance when I was in the Navy, I have had the lectures on handling classified material. No "intent" need be found. That's why "gross negligence" is the crime, which she was guilty of. It was Strzok who change the wording in Comey's "exoneration memo." But "extreme carelessness" is a synonym for "gross negligence." She's guilty.

The other investigation has to do with the Clinton Foundation and "pay to play," and also her role in Uranium One.

I think it's important that the same rules that apply to other citizens also apply to Hillary Clinton and all those involved in this corrupt former administration. We have learned a lot in recent months and weeks. Much has come to light. It's time for her to face the music. And that goes for the others as well, including James Comey.

1,227 posts, read 633,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
It would be amazing if they actually had something on Hillary that she could not skate from or dodge.

We have lots of Dems here on CD that complain how so many Reps keep bringing Hillary up in conversations about Trump but the 2 are like peas in a pod.
It would be great to finally be able to say that the rumors about their "queen" being crooked is far more than a rumor.

The question is will they accept it ?

The funniest thing about this post is that OP suggested that Hillary is wearing an ankle monitor. Imagine if that were true!
If she goes one step past the Westchester Wine And Liquor Barn, the Kankles ankle monitor is programmed to alert the authorities.

Old 01-05-2018, 02:31 PM

693 posts, read 357,168 times
Quote:

You're welcome.

Wow, you are REACHING. Read it....again...slowly. And pay close attention to what I highlighted. She said to delete her PERSONAL emails. Deleting her PERSONAL emails was NOT a crime.

Quote:
the House committee investigating the 2012 attack on the US Consulate in Benghazi, Libya, issues a subpoena for Clinton's Libya-related emails.
The subpoena was not for every single email, including personal emails. Sorry, try again.

Old 01-05-2018, 02:43 PM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times
Lock them all up.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...e-house-243071

Old 01-05-2018, 02:48 PM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
https://twitter.com/kurteichenwald/s...53414957428736

Just saying'.

Old 01-05-2018, 02:57 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,235,064 times
Quote:
Wow, you are REACHING. Read it....again...slowly. And pay close attention to what I highlighted. She said to delete her PERSONAL emails. Deleting her PERSONAL emails was NOT a crime.

The subpoena was not for every single email, including personal emails. Sorry, try again.
And how was the House subcommittee supposed to know or determine if any of those deleted emails were related to Benghazi? They can't know if they were deleted. Further, the FBI recovered 17,000 of them and said a lot of them WERE work related. What was she trying to hide?

Face it, Hillary is deceitful as hell.

Old 01-05-2018, 03:04 PM

693 posts, read 357,168 times
Quote:
And how was the House subcommittee supposed to know or determine if any of those deleted emails were related to Benghazi? They can't know if they were deleted. Further, the FBI recovered 17,000 of them and said a lot of them WERE work related. What was she trying to hide?

Face it, Hillary is deceitful as hell.
Wow, you are missing it all, aren't you.

The subpoena was for specific emails, not all. They were not asking for every email, the intent wasn't for them to go through all her personal emails, to find the ones they wanted.

Her lawyers asked then, what to do with the personal crap, and she said, delete them.

The tech group were supposed to delete only personal emails, they obviously deleted more.

The kicker here....is that Hillary did not delete the emails, nor did she instruct anyone to delete anything other than personal email. She did NOT instruct anyone to delete emails that were requested by the subpoena.

Claiming that Hillary either deleted, or instructed someone to delete emails that were part of the subpoena is simply something that did not happen. Period. There is NO evidence showing otherwise. Your personal views on the woman doesn't change anything.

Goal posts are being moved in this thread at a rapid pace, wow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies