Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2018, 06:34 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,370,953 times

Advertisements

Yeah, right, it's republicans that are unhinged.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I1Vqdttn-I

Armageddon, really?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0mUp2-LygU

Who is it wearing pu*** hats again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2018, 06:38 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
Are you talking about the true reality or the fake news reality?

Old 01-04-2018, 06:39 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,375,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9
And the Leftist media did the exact same thing. The Iraq invasion was a leftist project, and the whole apparatus of public opinion formation was behind it.
What are you talking about? This is the weirdest revisionist history I've read in a while.
What are YOU talking about? I have no idea what you're taking issue with. Everything I said was a straightforward fact.

Old 01-04-2018, 06:44 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,343,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
What are YOU talking about? I have no idea what you're taking issue with. Everything I said was a straightforward fact.
And here any hope of communication comes to an end.

Old 01-04-2018, 06:44 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,912,422 times
Quote:
|
|
\/

Quote:
And the Leftist media did the exact same thing. The Iraq invasion was a leftist project, and the whole apparatus of public opinion formation was behind it.

Calling the Irag invasion a "leftist project" is some weird and nonsensical revisionist history.

Do you enjoy making stuff up?

The Iraq war was an incredible manipulation of the American people, but you are off your rocker if you think it was a "leftist project".

Last edited by HockeyMac18; 01-04-2018 at 06:59 PM..

Old 01-04-2018, 06:45 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Frightening statistics in Time magazine:

Trump's crazed attacks on the press have wreaked such havoc that now 46% of Americans believe reporters simply make up things about Trump.

In early 2016, 74% of Democrats and 77% of Republicans supported the press's role as a watchdog.

Now it's 89% of Dems and only 42% of Reps. In other words, in the space of two years, Trump has managed to convince Republicans to abandon their basic ideas. (It reminds me of the way in various authoritarian regimes, citizens were convinced to turn in their own relatives and neighbors to the police.)

Only in the crazed minds of liberals can the fact that a substantial number of viewers note that the media's been trolling the Trump administration mean that MEDIA are the victims.

You can stop being puzzled now.

Old 01-04-2018, 06:47 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,912,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
And here any hope of communication comes to an end.
What are you talking about? Are you claiming that I don't respond to posters when confronted with a question?

Old 01-04-2018, 06:48 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
\/

Calling the Irag invasion a "leftist project" is some weird and nonsensical revisionist history.

The Iraq war was an incredible manipulation of the American people, but you are off your rocker if you think it was a "leftist project".
You could easily argue that neoconservatives originated from the left. Sort of pro war liberals. Wikipedia, surprisingly, has a decent article on neoconservativism.

Old 01-04-2018, 06:51 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,186,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Frightening statistics in Time magazine:

Trump's crazed attacks on the press have wreaked such havoc that now 46% of Americans believe reporters simply make up things about Trump.

In early 2016, 74% of Democrats and 77% of Republicans supported the press's role as a watchdog.

Now it's 89% of Dems and only 42% of Reps. In other words, in the space of two years, Trump has managed to convince Republicans to abandon their basic ideas. (It reminds me of the way in various authoritarian regimes, citizens were convinced to turn in their own relatives and neighbors to the police.)
It's a classic move of a dictator. Manipulation and degradation of the media to control the population. It is clearly working on many posting here. I read noise. The inability to articulate their position and the blind adherence is frightening. Very dark times ahead I fear...

Old 01-04-2018, 06:57 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:

A considerate proportion of US conservatives operate on a one-dimensional value scale. Things are good or bad, they're on the good end (obviously) and everything they do not agree with is grouped together on the bad end. The Iraq War was bad, Leftists are bad, hence it follows (in their minds) that the Iraq War must have been leftist. Those are the people who'll call Saudi Arabia left-wing. In fairness, I've seen the same mental problem with old-school Marxists - every group not following their flavor of Marxism was seen as actively cooperating against them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies