Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2018, 07:40 PM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Addams View Post
Great. You're starting to see the light. I always had hope for you JAMS, I knew you'd come around.
Well, Wolff helped. I mean, I knew Trump was an idiot, but to have it documented so thoroughly, and to have the most damning stuff coming from his closest staff--that's just hilarious. Really funny, funny stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2018, 07:46 PM

3,051 posts, read 2,596,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Well, Wolff helped. I mean, I knew Trump was an idiot, but to have it documented so thoroughly, and to have the most damning stuff coming from his closest staff--that's just hilarious. Really funny, funny stuff.
No doubt. The best thing of all.... We get seven more years of it!!!! It's gonna be so much fun.

Old 01-05-2018, 07:51 PM

3,562 posts, read 4,392,735 times
Part of Trump's mental unfitness has to do with the fact that at the end of each week, there's someone new whom he can't or will no longer trust.

Imagine living in a world wherein you cannot trust the "trusted" person standing next to you today. Imagine if that person was someone you recently considered your confidant and closest ally (e.g., Steve Bannon), only to consider him "your worst enemy of the week;" Yes, "the worst enemy of that particular week!" Makes one wonder, "who will my President consider his 'worst enemy' next week?" Will it be his SIL Jared Kushner? What about 3rd place daughter Tiffany? It can't possibly be "Trophy Daughter" Ivanka. Then again, could it? Who knows? It's a possibility which can no longer be ruled out.

Imagine living a life of constant mistrust. Think about that. Put yourself in that frame of mind. It's no wonder Don constantly lashes out at practically everyone around him, and in every conceivable direction. When you trust no one, you're constantly "punching" at everyone around you. And when you're not punching at them, you're planning and preparing on how to do so.

How does a person get proper sleep when you trust no one? This explains why Trump reportedly gets no more that 3 to 4 hours of sleep per night. How does one sleep when you can't even trust the wife sleeping next to you? Oh wait! Reportedly, Don and Melania sleep in separate rooms.

Donald J. Trump is my President. But, he is mentally unfit, mentally incapable of fulfilling the duties of President of The United States of America.

Old 01-05-2018, 07:55 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,618,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Yeah..that Gorilla channel bit was a great example of that "thorough documentation" you speak of..Real damning stuff there...

Old 01-05-2018, 07:56 PM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Yeah..that Gorilla channel bit was a great example of that "thorough documentation" you speak of..Real damning stuff there...
Aww, ELO, did you fall for that? I bet you think The Onion is real, too, huh?

Old 01-05-2018, 07:56 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstarling View Post
I believe in the USA. I trust our government, the justice system and the press. I vote. I read. I think.
I am not unhinged.

Old 01-05-2018, 07:59 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,091,022 times
Donald Trump is the best thing to happen.

Old 01-05-2018, 08:00 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,091,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Welcome to the new reality. Thank goodness.

Old 01-06-2018, 06:20 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Of course some Democrats voted for the invasion of Iraq. They were given exaggerated, false and misleading "intelligence" from the Bush administration, as confirmed by later remarks from Gen. Powell.
" They were given exaggerated, false and misleading "intelligence" from the Bush administration,"

Some things never change with you guys.

hillary has been out for a YEAR telling everybody her loss was NOT her FAULT.

Do you EVER take responsibility for your OWN actions?

I want you to read these quotes CLOSELY and take particular attention to the DATES of quotes.

Most aer BEFORE W. BUSH EVER CAME ONTO THE SCENE.

I posted the bill Clinton signed calling for REGIME CHANGE IN IRAQ.

Did you bother to read it?

I guess you think W. Bush "convinced" him to sign it.

The info W. Bush had CAME FROM THE CLINTON ADMIN, which is WHY Clinton signed the bill calling for regime changes in Iraq.

And WHY they ALL voted YES to pass the Bush resolution.

Noting your bias , I'd bet ypu even voted for several of them, like Kerry, Biden TWICE and Hillary.

Are you NOW CLAIMING EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM LIED?

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
- President Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
- President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

"We must stop Saddam from ever again jeopardizing the stability and security of his neighbors with weapons of mass destruction."
- Madeline Albright, Feb 1, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
- Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."
Letter to President Clinton.
- (D) Senators Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, others, Oct. 9, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
- Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."
- Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them."
- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."
- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."
- Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..."
- Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction."
- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."
- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003

Those poor, poor democrats. Too stupid to figure out for themselves that not only were they WRONG when they were in power, they were STILL WRONG in 2003! After they didn't vote for the war that they voted for!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENAV_UoIfgc

Old 01-06-2018, 06:27 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgerider View Post
Quite the opposite. I am saying they have TOO much and should have little, if any, role . As in, "think for yourself". I am gobsmacked by how many people just believe what they are told without any thought process at all. I see this far more on the left than the right, but that is probably because - a) I live in a blue state; b) I work in a profession heavily dominated by the left; and c) It is clear that people love to be part of the cool crowd; the left is considered the young, hip, cool crowd, and too many will go with that thought train rather than question it.

I remember being very young - at least 40 years ago - and my father quoting a writer (Poe I think...):

"Believe nothing you hear, and only half of what you see"

I think there is a lot of value in that statement today -- even more so now, than when it was first written.
"I am saying they have TOO much and should have little, if any, role"

Unfortunately it is where people have to go to to get info.

The media has LOWER approval taring then even Congress, FOR A REASON.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies