Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2018, 05:26 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
Nice beach. The rest of the state sucks. Not sure why Georgia's coastline is relevant, but okay. It's nice enough to host a G8 Summit. And we have one of the most beautiful and historic cities in the country in Savannah.
So says a person who admittedly hasn't been there in decades, despite living one state away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2018, 06:58 AM

3,006 posts, read 2,629,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Your broad generalization of a entire region speaks volumes about your actual knowledge of the south. I'd say we were probably better off without you. We have enough northern pilgrims coming down in droves as it is. Furthermore, this case is under investigation!!! No charges filed, no evidence yet found of foul play. So please, in the future, save your bigoted comments until after there is actual evidence of wrong doing.

PS. No matter how this happened, a fire is always a devastating experience to live through, and I hope this woman and her family get all the help and support they can to get through. I'm sure someone has already started a Go Fund Me in her name at this point. She will be taken care of. Just hate to think of all the memories lost. Pictures, heirlooms, etc. Heartbreaking to think about.
No, that person is right. Outside of its few large, cosmopolitan metros and a select few smaller cities, the south is a disaster zone that drags the rest of the nation down by almost every metric. As you've illustrated, it's also still hostile to people from outside the region. I'm very happy to have so many new northern, western, and international neighbors because it dilutes the toxic southern culture. I'm one of the few native southerners I still know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
So says a person who admittedly hasn't been there in decades, despite living one state away.
Roy Moore almost won a senate seat. It clearly hasn't changed that much since I last spent any time there.

Old 01-06-2018, 07:27 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
About thirty years ago, my spouse was offered a promotion that required relocation to Alabama. Having spent part of his youth there, he was less than thrilled and flatly turned it down. As a northerner who at that time was a little naive about southern culture, I was confused. Not so much any longer.
Good to see your bigoted response out in the open. As if southern culture had anything to do with the house fire.
What a sleazy thing to say.

Old 01-06-2018, 07:29 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
ANYBODY who goes against a "White supremacist or inculpates one is targeted.. What's different in 2018.. are the tools that can very well PROVE who did this!! Digital Footprint will EXPOSE whomever did it and who is responsible.. Duping some homeless man to somehow do this> won't work today like so many Trumpet's/Moore Lovers would love to BELIEVE!!!

It's the old adage once again.. If it walks like a duck, quaks like a duck and background indicates the actual REASON for such actions Then voila!! Pointy Hood's have been shed.. and NOW they use modern mode's to get someone desperate ( which I'm sure there's tons) to do something to get their PAYDAY!!

Whistleblowers are always at risk when Powerful deviant types can preach to their CULTISH followers.. THEY will do anything and anything to fulfill their "Wet-Dream" of those OLD DAYS of Slavery and CONTROLLING ALL who CALL them out!!

This does NOT reflect well on Alabama.. Wonder IF LE and Investigative folks left there are as upstanding as Jone's was??
Because one incident somehow reflects on an entire state? What do you say about blacks when a black person commits a crime?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies