Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2018, 04:49 PM

16,870 posts, read 10,510,132 times

Advertisements

This is the main reason Tim McVeigh bombed the federal building in OC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2018, 05:37 PM

15,697 posts, read 9,442,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
This is the main reason Tim McVeigh bombed the federal building in OC.
Which lets him off the hook, too?

Old 07-14-2022, 09:44 PM

3,657 posts, read 2,490,945 times
I recently watched the 2018 miniseries on Waco (Paramount plus).. I remember the events in real time, and have done subsequent research over the years.. I think this series is unique in how it sincerely humanizes the people involved (especially the Davidians, but also the government agents and negotiators).

It was a good series, and reminded me, all politics & theories aside.. Waco was a true human tragedy.

Old 07-15-2022, 03:48 AM

19,686 posts, read 10,008,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe_Ruth View Post
I recently watched the 2018 miniseries on Waco (Paramount plus).. I remember the events in real time, and have done subsequent research over the years.. I think this series is unique in how it sincerely humanizes the people involved (especially the Davidians, but also the government agents and negotiators).

It was a good series, and reminded me, all politics & theories aside.. Waco was a true human tragedy.
And completely avoidable. The FBI was at fault.

Old 07-15-2022, 06:31 AM

22,605 posts, read 24,427,062 times
Well, IMHO, the 9-11 falseflag makes Waco look tame in comparison.....but I guess that is little consolation to the poor people who got incinerated at Branch Davidian.

Old 07-15-2022, 07:44 AM

39,808 posts, read 26,344,272 times
I gotta say, after nearly 30 years, it's amazing that some people STILL are promoting the story that this raid had anything to do with "child abuse" or children being raped. How big a bunch of suckers do you think the public actually is?

The raid was CONDUCTED BY BATF. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms. A bureau of the treasury department-aka tax collectors. Guess what? F-Troop as they are commonly known, doesn't conduct raids for child abuse!

F-Troop was somewhat of a joke in national law enforcement at the time. Fumbled raids, many thrown out of court, many innocent people raided over nothing, or at worst minimal paperwork "violations". A great many lost records in BATFs own registry of NFA weapons. The were held with contempt by LE, and by an increasing part of the public at large. And this after the murders of Vickie and Sammy Weaver had respect for federal law enforcement at an all-time low. F-Troop was desperate for some positive publicity, that's why they staged a militarized, made-for-TV style raid and invited TV crews along when they invaded the BD compound. Dozens of armed agents, hauled in in the back of cattle trucks, bailed out, shot the dogs in the yard before turning their weapons on the people inside. Killing several BD members in the initial attack, oh and wounding an unarmed Koresh. All caught on the TV cameras. Hell, the ATV even code-named the raid "Showtime". ALL OVER TAXES they wanted to collect based on Robertson-Pittman taxes not being collected/paid by the BD. For that-scores of people murdered, either shot or burned to death.

The whole "child abuse" story came about after the initial attack by ATF, and gave some degree of legitimacy for the raid and the standoff. A story concocted to justify a raid on a church and the murder of American citizens. While ignoring the fact that Koresh regularly left the BD campus and could have been arrested, or even just "talked to" any number of times without putting others at risk. But no-taking down a single, unarmed guy on his daily run doesn't have nearly the media appeal of a armed assault on a church campus.

Last edited by Toyman at Jewel Lake; 07-15-2022 at 08:01 AM..

Old 07-15-2022, 08:41 AM

19,686 posts, read 10,008,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I gotta say, after nearly 30 years, it's amazing that some people STILL are promoting the story that this raid had anything to do with "child abuse" or children being raped. How big a bunch of suckers do you think the public actually is?

The raid was CONDUCTED BY BATF. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms. A bureau of the treasury department-aka tax collectors. Guess what? F-Troop as they are commonly known, doesn't conduct raids for child abuse!

F-Troop was somewhat of a joke in national law enforcement at the time. Fumbled raids, many thrown out of court, many innocent people raided over nothing, or at worst minimal paperwork "violations". A great many lost records in BATFs own registry of NFA weapons. The were held with contempt by LE, and by an increasing part of the public at large. And this after the murders of Vickie and Sammy Weaver had respect for federal law enforcement at an all-time low. F-Troop was desperate for some positive publicity, that's why they staged a militarized, made-for-TV style raid and invited TV crews along when they invaded the BD compound. Dozens of armed agents, hauled in in the back of cattle trucks, bailed out, shot the dogs in the yard before turning their weapons on the people inside. Killing several BD members in the initial attack, oh and wounding an unarmed Koresh. All caught on the TV cameras. Hell, the ATV even code-named the raid "Showtime". ALL OVER TAXES they wanted to collect based on Robertson-Pittman taxes not being collected/paid by the BD. For that-scores of people murdered, either shot or burned to death.

The whole "child abuse" story came about after the initial attack by ATF, and gave some degree of legitimacy for the raid and the standoff. A story concocted to justify a raid on a church and the murder of American citizens. While ignoring the fact that Koresh regularly left the BD campus and could have been arrested, or even just "talked to" any number of times without putting others at risk. But no-taking down a single, unarmed guy on his daily run doesn't have nearly the media appeal of a armed assault on a church campus.
These government agencies tend to be very incompetent.

Old 07-15-2022, 09:00 AM

12,893 posts, read 13,217,652 times
Vernon Howell (Koresh) was a child rapist scumbag who led a crackpot cult. He can burn in hell.

The BATFE was led by incompetents who could’ve arrested Howell anytime outside the compound.
(My neighbor was the agent on the roof who had to duck from the hail of bullets coming from inside the second floor wall after his 2 colleagues went in the window). The “raid” planners should have been fired and the BATFE “leadership” that ordered it should have gone to prison.

The FBI “leadership” that took over the standoff and ordered the armored vehicles to crash into the building also should have gone to prison for life without parole. Instead, they got a promotion.
Reno and her string pullers should have gone to prison too.

Again, Howell and his evil cronies could have ended it peacefully.
RIP to all the children who burned to death.

Old 07-15-2022, 09:24 AM

8,050 posts, read 3,386,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Well, IMHO, the 9-11 falseflag makes Waco look tame in comparison.....but I guess that is little consolation to the poor people who got incinerated at Branch Davidian.
How was Waco a false flag?

Old 10-23-2022, 09:44 AM

39,808 posts, read 26,344,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
I am not downplaying rape. Whether you want to understand it or not, there is a context to it in a cult. Texas handled the FLDS cult when they came here. There was a **** ton of rape involved. We managed not to burn up the rape victims. I was just saying that the motivation of the government was not about that. They didn't even know that at the time.
The so-called "rapes" had nothing to do with the initial raid at Waco. This raid was staged as a show by tax agents (Department of the Treas) over supposedly unpaid excise taxes on firearms sales. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms-the bureau of the Dept of Treas responsible for collecting taxes on those items. Had child abuse/rape been an issue before the initial assault on the church, real cops, not armed tax collectors, would have been involved.

Upwards of 100 heavily armed agents with body armor pulled up to the church in 2 cattle trailers, jumped out and started shooting. Dave Koresh was unarmed when he was shot and an innocent child murdered in the initial raid. An F-Troop agent tossed a concussion grenade into a room his comrades had just entered, panicking them and triggering them to open fire in a "spray and pray" move shooting in all directions-including at the agent that threw the grenade, killing him, IIRC. 3 of the 4 tax collectors that died that day were killed by bullets fired by other agents (AP rounds). As were all 6 church members. All this...over about a claimed $200 in unpaid taxes. And upwards of 80 people were burned alive to try to hide the fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies