Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2018, 01:47 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,607,009 times

Advertisements

The maverick Republican Congressman from Huntington Beach, California, a champion of marijuana reform and a close ally of Trump, blasts Sessions for delivering "an extravagant holiday gift to the drug cartels", "attacking the will of the American people", and endangering the electoral fortunes of his fellow Republicans.

https://rohrabacher.house.gov/media-...medium=twitter
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2018, 02:58 AM

272 posts, read 134,679 times
I agree with this , I dont like the whole legalization pf pot movement and it seems real popular in places with tons of other drug problems and tons of homeless and opioids and other drug issues but its not an issue that we elected republicans for.

Sessions should be dealing with sanctuary cities and sanctuary politicians and immigration crimes and the crimes of the previous administration with fica and use of surveillance on candidates like trump

I feel like sessions is a terrible AG and a good senator. he should step down.

Old 01-06-2018, 05:06 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridapilot View Post
I agree with this , I dont like the whole legalization pf pot movement and it seems real popular in places with tons of other drug problems and tons of homeless and opioids and other drug issues but its not an issue that we elected republicans for.

Sessions should be dealing with sanctuary cities and sanctuary politicians and immigration crimes and the crimes of the previous administration with fica and use of surveillance on candidates like trump

I feel like sessions is a terrible AG and a good senator. he should step down.
Sessions is enforcing the law, and you guys voted for Trump so that he could put people like Sessions in his cabinet. This IS what you all wanted...a cabinet full of hardcore retrograde conservative Republicans. If he’d had nominated Sessions to the SCOTUS, you all would’ve been over the moon about it.

A good Senator? Uhhhh...he was pushing this same nonsense in the Senate and getting easily re-elected.

You “feel like Sessions is a terrible AG,” but that’s got nothing to do with his archaic vision and willingness to be on the wrong side of history on damn near every issue.

What really offends the average Trump supporter about Beauregard Sessions is that he failed to run legal interference for Trump, not his antiquated views.

Old 01-06-2018, 05:37 AM

7,737 posts, read 5,520,181 times
Trumps losing support over this at my office. Other than the guy who sits and reads Fox News all day, most people that voted for trump have backed off the support for him over time, and this MJ think ain’t helping at all

Old 01-06-2018, 05:46 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
Attacking moms won't become popular IMO.

With legalized marijuana, MADD is now 'Mothers Against Drunk and Drugged Driving and they have had a huge impact on impaired driving over the years.

"It's now Mothers Against Drunk and Drugged Driving. We haven't officially changed the name, but we have definitely incorporated the drugged driving and identified that as a big problem as well,"

With legalized marijuana, MADD is now 'Mothers Against Drunk and Drugged Driving' | KMTR

Old 01-06-2018, 05:58 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,572,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
Trumps losing support over this at my office. Other than the guy who sits and reads Fox News all day, most people that voted for trump have backed off the support for him over time, and this MJ think ain’t helping at all
Wrong.
He's now going up in the polls.
Yesterday Average 40% and Rasmussen has him at 45%

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/?state=nwa

Old 01-06-2018, 07:38 AM

2,727 posts, read 2,834,646 times
Look for many in congress to attack Sessions for this - because it is congress' responsibility to pass laws. Until now, they've been able to play both sides of the fence and escape any type of accountability.

Old 01-06-2018, 08:13 AM

26,582 posts, read 14,449,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Wrong.
He's now going up in the polls.
Yesterday Average 40%....
yep, but that's climbing back up from a record low of 36%.

my guess is he'll take another hit in the polls with the release of "fire and fury".

Old 01-06-2018, 08:32 AM

1,665 posts, read 975,576 times
Sessions recused himself on the Russian case. Yet he wants to put an end to the policies to let marijuana flourish. Talk about pick and choose, right Jeff?

He needs to be replaced. His "reefer madness" stance is outdated. Too many studies out there that supports the case that marijuana is no worse than heroin or alcohol. Peanut butter and water has more death counts than the zero amount from marijuana.

I guess the government still wants to control you. Freedom. You gotta love it!

Old 01-06-2018, 02:04 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddhanks View Post
Sessions recused himself on the Russian case. Yet he wants to put an end to the policies to let marijuana flourish. Talk about pick and choose, right Jeff?

He needs to be replaced. His "reefer madness" stance is outdated. Too many studies out there that supports the case that marijuana is no worse than heroin or alcohol. Peanut butter and water has more death counts than the zero amount from marijuana.

I guess the government still wants to control you. Freedom. You gotta love it!
I don’t want him replaced and I can’t stand him.

Nope...I want his ass RIGHT THERE in the AG’s office to remind Americans about their folly in electing this cabal of idiots. And I hope he shoves his legalistic foolishness right up Americans Arses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies