Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2018, 01:08 PM

18,982 posts, read 9,111,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Part of the problem is that we conservatives won't get 10 years. Eventually progressives will get control back and tear down The Wall, even if it costs a lot to do it.

They will claim it wasn't doing anything, anyway, and tearing it down is necessary so that the world will respect us again.
No, your real problem is that the wall has a paltry 35% public support. As in, only the cultists want it. The GOP won't even get behind it, because they know it's a loser of an issue for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

47,036 posts, read 26,126,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Costs would go up. Trade would go down. Corporations would have fit.
Trade wars are bad for stocks, and it is effin' amazing that one has to even mention that.

It takes a Trump voter to argue that making imported Mexican goods 10% more expensive to the US consumer is "making Mexico pay".

Mexico won't pay for your Maginot line, guys.

48,581 posts, read 35,041,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
libs/hijacked dems believe in instant grafication. They don't gewt their cookie immediately, they throw a tantrum. But you promised daddy!

give the guy time and space.

Imagine what Trump could have accomplished without the all out war declared on him by the dems and media. Any other human would have withered and died under that lopsided onslaught. Makes trump appear the superman the media claimed obama was with all the love and cuddingly that had even chris mathews declaring obama sent a tingle uphis leg.

There is nothing the media can do to stop EO's and bills from passing. They have nothing to do with it. The lack of forward momentum is due to the fact that they are not doing anything productive.

I mean if you can't pass laws with the Executive branch and the congress all the same side....... then you NEVER will.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-07-2018, 01:10 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,758,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I have a very good relationship with Mexico. But yes, in some form, Mexico will pay for the wall.â€
Mexico has repeatedly stated that it will not pay to build the wall.

“I believe Mexico will pay for the wall,†Trump said during a brief news conference at Camp David, where he was meeting congressional Republican leaders to plan for 2018 midterms.

Trump claims Mexico will pay for wall

They are already paying and paying dearly

Wire transferring money to Mexico, has all but ceased.
Many self deported out of here and are sucking on Mexico's economy once again.
It has cost Mexico greatly already, and that money is staying in America and paying for the wall.

Old 01-07-2018, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
They are already paying and paying dearly

Many self deported out of here and are sucking on Mexico's economy once again.
It has cost Mexico greatly already, and that money is staying in America and paying for the wall.
Okay, you find a way to collect all that money that is "staying in America" and apply it to your wall. No need for the taxpayers to foot the bill then, right? Just collect all those savings, BB, and build your wall. I'm good with that.

Old 01-07-2018, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
In the real world, however, remittances broke records in 2017.

https://www.reuters.com/article/mexi...-idUSL1N1O11DE

Quote:
So far in 2017, remittances have totaled $23.9 billion, up more than 7 percent compared to the first 10 months of 2016.
Where do you guys get these absurd notions? Your guy's brilliant policies have in fact increased remittances.

Quote:
You're 100% making that up. I'm not going to call you a deliberate liar just yet, but - although I'm sure it feels good to think what you're typing, it's just not factual.

Old 01-07-2018, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Okay, you find a way to collect all that money that is "staying in America" and apply it to your wall. No need for the taxpayers to foot the bill then, right? Just collect all those savings, BB, and build your wall. I'm good with that.
Narrator: "The money did not stay in America."

Old 01-07-2018, 01:17 PM

2,151 posts, read 1,361,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Who cares? Build the wall!!
As a citizen of the United States, I don't trust Mexico as much as you might. Get the money from them upfront. Then build the wall.

Old 01-07-2018, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDoPhysicsPhD View Post
As a citizen of the United States, I don't trust Mexico as much as you might. Get the money from them upfront. Then build the wall.
What??? Are you saying you don't trust the con-man in the White House to follow through on his promise? I'm shocked!

Old 01-07-2018, 01:23 PM

6,831 posts, read 14,077,088 times
If the righties feel so certain that Mexico is going to pay of the wall, let them buy bonds to pay for it and let Mexico pay them back. I am down for additional security to the border but a wall is a huge waste of money. Beef up border control and cut off the jobs will do the trick. Much cheaper and much more effective.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies