Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2018, 07:31 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,617,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Arrogance because I tell the truth?
Quit while you're (barely) a'head (odd punctuation intentional).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2018, 07:35 PM

62,942 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
  1. Because it is the right thing to do. These are people who came here with no choice and have lived here as Americans all their lives. It would be an asshle move to send them to a country they know nothing about.
  2. Yes
  3. No
  4. You have debunked nothing.

It's not the right thing for the American people. It would put at the very least 800,000 DACAs in direct competition for jobs and resources against Americans. Their parents shouldn't be rewarded for bringing them here illegally. Their parents knew nothing about this country when they came here illegally but they survived, didn't they? These DACAs at least have the advantage of knowing the language and culture of their homelands from their parents. People often move and adapt anyway. It's not traumatic. They should return to their homeland with their parents (people they are familiar with) and apply to come back legally. If we need them they will have to fall within our annual quotas for legal immigration. No special considerations for them.

I've debunked every single pro-illegal remark that has been made in here along with links. What have you debunked me with? You're biased opinion?

Old 01-10-2018, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
Quit while you're (barely) a'head (odd punctuation intentional).

Who appointed you moderator of this forum? I have just as much right to post in here as you and others do. Don't like it then don't reply to me.

Old 01-10-2018, 08:43 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,163,127 times
Quote:
It's not the right thing for the American people. It would put at the very least 800,000 DACAs in direct competition for jobs and resources against Americans. Their parents shouldn't be rewarded for bringing them here illegally. Their parents knew nothing about this country when they came here illegally but they survived, didn't they? These DACAs at least have the advantage of knowing the language and culture of their homelands from their parents. People often move and adapt anyway. It's not traumatic. They should return to their homeland with their parents (people they are familiar with) and apply to come back legally. If we need them they will have to fall within our annual quotas for legal immigration. No special considerations for them.

I've debunked every single pro-illegal remark that has been made in here along with links. What have you debunked me with? You're biased opinion?
Links to what? To other who share your opinions and ginned up some 'facts' based on those opinions and other nonsense? No, again, there was no debunking here. I don't buy it.

I consider them Americans. You want to punish these kids for what their parents did and can't see that as wrong can you? The truth is that I am not really concerned about the law or the consequence that their parents must face. They made their choices and will live or die with whatever consequences come to them. I am addressing the dreamers themselves and as I said above, I consider them Americans. I know, you don't like that. Too bad isn't it?

They have the advantage of knowing the language and culture? How "Carnak the Magnificent" of you. You seem to think that's all it takes... tell you what; lets give you a crash course in the language and then drop kick you into Russia! Be well comrade. Dos vedanya! Stay warm! Or how about "The Congo," I'm sure you will do well there.

Get this... I'm not trying to debunk you. I really don't care about your opinions. Have you noticed that I haven't once in this thread asked you what they are? I stated my opinion that the deamers should be left alone, that requires no approval from you or your ilk. I think your group is petty and small minded and I don't need further reason than that.

But you DID ask my opinion, I posted it, you don't like it, well I guess there is nothing to do about that except go our separate ways. I have tried that before yet you repeatedly seem to want to engage me. Why? Don't you have anything better to do? Do you really think you are going to change my mind about any of your far right positions? That I am going to change your mind based on my opinions or any facts I find on the net? We both know that is not going to happen so why bother?

You have my opinion, feel free to move on.

Old 01-11-2018, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Links to what? To other who share your opinions and ginned up some 'facts' based on those opinions and other nonsense? No, again, there was no debunking here. I don't buy it.

I consider them Americans. You want to punish these kids for what their parents did and can't see that as wrong can you? The truth is that I am not really concerned about the law or the consequence that their parents must face. They made their choices and will live or die with whatever consequences come to them. I am addressing the dreamers themselves and as I said above, I consider them Americans. I know, you don't like that. Too bad isn't it?

They have the advantage of knowing the language and culture? How "Carnak the Magnificent" of you. You seem to think that's all it takes... tell you what; lets give you a crash course in the language and then drop kick you into Russia! Be well comrade. Dos vedanya! Stay warm! Or how about "The Congo," I'm sure you will do well there.

Get this... I'm not trying to debunk you. I really don't care about your opinions. Have you noticed that I haven't once in this thread asked you what they are? I stated my opinion that the deamers should be left alone, that requires no approval from you or your ilk. I think your group is petty and small minded and I don't need further reason than that.

But you DID ask my opinion, I posted it, you don't like it, well I guess there is nothing to do about that except go our separate ways. I have tried that before yet you repeatedly seem to want to engage me. Why? Don't you have anything better to do? Do you really think you are going to change my mind about any of your far right positions? That I am going to change your mind based on my opinions or any facts I find on the net? We both know that is not going to happen so why bother?

You have my opinion, feel free to move on.

Every link I have provided included their viable sources. The truth just doesn't fit your agenda so just remain in denial anyway.

It doesn't matter that you consider these DACAs to be Americans, they clearly are not as they don't have citizenship papers. No, enforcing our immigration laws is not punishing them but not rewarding their parents for bringing them here illegally. No one should benefit from their parent's law breaking. it's sets a precedence that all you have to do is get your kids over our border illegally and they'll be home free.

And I think you and your ilk have no respect for our immigration laws, the enforcement of them, the American worker/taxpayer or legal immigrants by advocating for any illegal aliens to be allowed to remain here. Your group are anti-Americans who don't put our own citizens first. This is a forum to address any remarks we feel like. If you don't want me to reply to yours than feel free to put me on ignore because every time I read an anti-American, anti-laws comment I will address them. I can't think of anything better to do than to fight for our own citizens and the laws of this country. There is nothing far right about it either.

Old 01-11-2018, 08:20 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,163,127 times
Quote:
Every link I have provided included their viable sources. The truth just doesn't fit your agenda so just remain in denial anyway.

It doesn't matter that you consider these DACAs to be Americans, they clearly are not as they don't have citizenship papers. No, enforcing our immigration laws is not punishing them but not rewarding their parents for bringing them here illegally. No one should benefit from their parent's law breaking. it's sets a precedence that all you have to do is get your kids over our border illegally and they'll be home free.

And I think you and your ilk have no respect for our immigration laws, the enforcement of them, the American worker/taxpayer or legal immigrants by advocating for any illegal aliens to be allowed to remain here. Your group are anti-Americans who don't put our own citizens first. This is a forum to address any remarks we feel like. If you don't want me to reply to yours than feel free to put me on ignore because every time I read an anti-American, anti-laws comment I will address them. I can't think of anything better to do than to fight for our own citizens and the laws of this country. There is nothing far right about it either.
Again, I don't care about your facts. You have a morally WRONG position that you are tying to defend and push on others. I am not interested in buying into your position. That just wont fly with me.

No respect for the immigration laws? Finally you get it!!! You and this immigration law are morally wrong. Why should I support a law, a party, or a president that are out and out wrong? I am glad you get it now. Now you can go away and count your tax money.

Of course you think anyone who disagrees with you on a law, a position, or even a thought is "Anti-American!" You couldn't be more wrong. But I will leave that for you to figure. Take care. Don't let the flag pole hit you where the devil will try to spit you.

Ignore you? Thanks for the suggestion. It's the first good idea I think you have ever had.

Last edited by blktoptrvl; 01-11-2018 at 08:31 AM..

Old 01-11-2018, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Again, I don't care about your facts. You have a morally WRONG position that you are tying to defend and push on others. I am not interested in buying into your position. That just wont fly with me.

No respect for the immigration laws? Finally you get it!!! You and this immigration law are morally wrong. Why should I support a law, a party, or a president that are out and out wrong? I am glad you get it now. Now you can go away and count your tax money.

Of course you think anyone who disagrees with you on a law, a position, or even a thought is "Anti-American!" You couldn't be more wrong. But I will leave that for you to figure. Take care. Don't let the flag pole hit you where the devil will try to spit you.

Ignore you? Thanks for the suggestion. It's the first good idea I think you have ever had.

They aren't "my" facts they are "the" facts. If you don't care about our laws or the American worker/citizen then it is you that is morally wrong, not me. There is nothing morally wrong with our immigration laws either. All countries have them. We allow in 1 million legal immigrants a year in keeping with our ability to provide them with jobs and resources and without it negatively impacting our own citizens. Anything beyond that harms our own citizens. Why don't you care about them?

We can't be the flophouse and employment agency to the whole world. It would be committing national suicide. God said to obey the laws of the land and not take from others what doesn't belong to you but Illegals lie, cheat, etc. are you're ok with that but I'm the one without morals? You're the one who doesn't get it.

The law is the law and we are obligated to respect them until or if they are changed. Yes, please put me on ignore. I have no desire to continue discussions with people in here that make idiotic statements that our immigration laws are immoral and those who violate them should be rewarded for doing so.

Old 01-11-2018, 10:13 AM

48,521 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
The law is the law and we are obligated to respect them until or if they are changed. Yes, please put me on ignore. I have no desire to continue discussions with people in here that make idiotic statements that our immigration laws are immoral and those who violate them should be rewarded for doing so.
The "law is the law" is never the case. If that were the court systems would be filled with jaywalkers, knocking at plenty of CD'ers doors for online terroristic threatening, busting down bedroom doors due sodomy being illegal in a lot of states (husbands and wives do it to!)...... the law is ALWAYS open to interpretation and decided what to enforce. That's the way the system works.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-11-2018, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
The "law is the law" is never the case. If that were the court systems would be filled with jaywalkers, knocking at plenty of CD'ers doors for online terroristic threatening, busting down bedroom doors due sodomy being illegal in a lot of states (husbands and wives do it to!)...... the law is ALWAYS open to interpretation and decided what to enforce. That's the way the system works.

You apparently don't know when the punishment fits the crime and what our laws state in regards to what the enforcement will be. You're analogy about busting into private homes and hauling people to jail, etc. is not only laughable but desperate. No, the law isn't always open to interpretation. If one is caught breaking the law they will pay the price. That's how the system works. Our immigration laws aren't open for interpretation. The laws state that if you're caught here illegally you are to be deported, period.

Old 01-11-2018, 01:15 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,113,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Exactly. Some just see black and white, not looking at the colorful reality we actually live in. Also, still looking backwards instead of what is actually happening now. Really go after visa overstays and bad hiring practices. I would be surprised if there’s still even half of the estimated current influx. I would think much less, personally, but who knows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies