Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2018, 08:48 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,354,720 times

Advertisements

Men can't be victims? What about Anthony Rapp and Terry Crews?

Seems a bit sexist to me.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 01-07-2018 at 10:27 PM.. Reason: trolling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2018, 08:54 PM

3,006 posts, read 2,628,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Men can't be victims? What about Anthony Rapp and Terry Crews?

Seems a bit sexist to me.
Yes, they can. Thank you for the correction,

Last edited by Ibginnie; 01-07-2018 at 10:27 PM.. Reason: edited quoted post

Old 01-07-2018, 08:55 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 24 days ago)

27,637 posts, read 16,120,970 times
Race gender class. Guess which one the left is leading with in 18?

Old 01-07-2018, 09:03 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,582,897 times
I have just one question -

could all this alleged rape and alleged sexual intimidation be avoided if the person applying for the job as actress or actor, just said no and refused to participate in order for them to get the job?

Why didn't they take precautions like take someone with them and/or just say no?

Old 01-07-2018, 09:06 PM

9,500 posts, read 4,336,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Dressed in black, the actors and actresses will support #me too movement.

Almost like a Fraternity or Sorority outfit.

In the end the most likely feel more sorry for themselves as being exposed for the hypocrites for keeping their mouth shut and not speak out to help victims.

Meryl Streep spend lots of time being buddies with Dustin Hoffman, Harvey Weinstein who she called G_d and many more actors who are all caught to have sexual assaulted women.

Meryl Streep should stay away from any Award show or accept the award for the biggest bigot and hypocrite.

Most likely it will be an evening of bashing the President.

This time I may watch just to watch a bunch of hypocrites who ruined their own business!
It would be impossible for me to articulate how little I care what Hollywood types think about anything.

I support the #metoo movement. By today's standards, I have been sexually assaulted. For the record, I'm a white male.

Old 01-07-2018, 09:07 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,930,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopelesscause View Post
They need to leave those men alone!! It’s “show business”- it’s ALWAYS been another it the casting couch. If those primadonnas don’t like it, then choose ANOTHER CAREER!!!
!
What's happening is that the women and men who traded sex for fame and money aren't complaining about it. Just the sore losers who did not attain fame. Which points out the fundamental flaw of the agenda.

It's not that trading sex for money and fame is wrong, it's not getting a good deal out of it. Because Sex is a product and sex sells, right Hollywood?

Which is why they target unattractive men in positions of power. They resent not getting the fame they thought they'd get for screwing their way to the top. That IS how Hollywood works, and everyone knew it.

The myth of these unaware women turning up at a producers apartment at 3 am in a tube-top, leather mini-skit sans panties to "talk about a script" are just a bunch of BS.

Old 01-07-2018, 09:28 PM

3,163 posts, read 1,724,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
#metoo

Not Nancy Kerrigan gets invited but abusers/attacker Tonya Harding gets a warm shout out!

Hollywood actors are truly amazing!
Just judging by the movie excerpts, I think that the movie’s purpose is one of redemption and forgiveness. Right wing/“christian” folk are the first to tout forgiveness when it’s somebody on their side who does the sinning.

Old 01-07-2018, 09:33 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,600,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
I have just one question -

could all this alleged rape and alleged sexual intimidation be avoided if the person applying for the job as actress or actor, just said no and refused to participate in order for them to get the job?

Why didn't they take precautions like take someone with them and/or just say no?

Come on - the ones who said no were blacklisted and haven't had the careers they should have. The ones who have had the greatest careers in the Weinstein house didn't say no.

Everybody knew. They're admitting that now - yet NOBODY said a word. Despite that, they're patting one another on the back for being brave enough to speak out. Are they serious?

These hypocrites sat in silence until a man, Bob Weinstein, contacted the media behind the scenes and gave Ronan Farrow names of women to interview that this came out. If he hadn't done that, they'd still be thanking Harvey tonight during their acceptance speeches.

The next time these celebs go on and on about how they are tasked with shedding light on subjects nobody wishes to speak about, all for the good of mankind, remember the facts about their silence when it came to Weinstein.

And remember how Hoda and Savannah Guthrie have made statements about how heartbroken they are for their friend, Matt Lauer. Really, ladies? Heartbroken for a predator?

Disgusting people.

Old 01-07-2018, 09:36 PM

25,841 posts, read 16,519,439 times
Did they make time to bully the President?

Old 01-07-2018, 09:41 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,354,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
Yes, they can. Thank you for the correction,
Why did I have to bring up the alleged male victims though?

I'm not a liberal. I thought they were the ones that cared and were all about being "inclusive". I'm an evil, heartless, capitalist bastard.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 01-07-2018 at 10:28 PM.. Reason: edited quoted psot
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies