Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2018, 10:19 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times

Advertisements

Originally Posted by Goodnight
That was a very powerful speech by Oprah particularly the reference to the black woman that recently died, she was raped by several white men who got off free. Great speech.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
I wonder what the reaction would be had the speaker referenced a white woman raped by several BLACK men.

Oh, the outrage! Oh, the cries of racism!

And liberals are too damned dumb to get it. I thought profiling was bad. And here's the biggest, fattest bread eating racist of all babbling about white men raping a black woman. What's the nitwit even yapping about and how is it relevant to whatever awards were being given?
It's painfully obvious these double standards are. I'm not sure why one flavor of racism is horrible while another is lauded as being "powerful" as if it's enlightening.

I'm just a mutt that has no room for such flaming innuendo.

People who are truly color blind do not see race, skin color, heritage... they treat everyone equally the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2018, 10:33 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,184,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
They don't watch Hollywood, they don't watch football, etc. Gives them more time to watch Fox News and read Breitbart. They are completely fascinating people.
I can't afford the movies nor going to a football game anymore but I sure love football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
By today's standards everyone has been sexually assaulted. They just don't know it until someone tells them 10 years later when it's trendy to say you've been a victim.
Even by the standards of the '70's, '80's and '90's when I had "it", I knew perfectly well when I got sexually abused. I even did it myself a couple of times! Of course those were rather "mutual " "harassing ".

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
The big hoopla on the major network's morning shows is all about Oprah and the possibility of her running for President. Let her run, that would be a guaranteed shoe-in for the opposition.

I didn't watch the show, didn't want to spoil my evening. However, comments were made about some of the women wearing dresses that exposed their breasts to the nth degree - that is very interesting since they don't want men staring at them and admiring their body.
Yeah right? According to today's moral code, or lack thereof, a female can have her breasts all out except for the nipple and/or have her kitty cat exposed but damned be the man who gets a woody because of it and acts on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
My question is. For those actresses that did, and ended up wealthy and successful and then jump on the #metoo bandwagon are they going to donate all their money that they received to charity now ?
Lol, you know the answer....not a chance!

Quote:
I wonder what the reaction would be had the speaker referenced a white woman raped by several BLACK men.

And liberals are too damned dumb to get it. I thought profiling was bad. And here's the biggest, fattest bread eating racist of all babbling about white men raping a black woman. What's the nitwit even yapping about and how is it relevant to whatever awards were being given?
Oh, horrors! That wouldn't happen! Everyone knows all white women fantasize about being raped by a big, black dude!!!!

Old 01-08-2018, 10:35 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
Quote:

Let's put it this way honey, in words you can maybe understand: rape is rape, regardless. The fact that you dismiss it because it was told by Oprah shows your infinite lack of character. Let's place a bet: I'll bet you $50 that if that story were replaced with "several Muslim men" & the victim was a white woman (you know, someone like you), you'd be outraged. Again, you display your infinite lack of character with every post.

Old 01-08-2018, 10:38 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,473,858 times
Quote:
My question is. For those actresses that did, and ended up wealthy and successful and then jump on the #metoo bandwagon are they going to donate all their money that they received to charity now ?

They were victims too. Do you not realize this?

Old 01-08-2018, 11:14 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times
Quote:
Or perhaps they should be arrested for prostitution.

They agreed to have sex and got financially reimbursed.

Willing compliance? Nah, it's never their fault.

Old 01-08-2018, 01:35 PM

29,443 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
They were victims too. Do you not realize this?

Victims of their own doing, not all but some.

They have choices. Bang and get the job, or not bang and don't get the job. Simple.

If my female Engineering Director told me if I performed some things on her I would have a direct position in the company which I would really like, I'd tell her to pound sand. If that is what I'd have to do to work that that company I don't want that job.

Old 01-08-2018, 01:50 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,219,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Did they make time to bully the President?
There was barely a mention of President Trump during the Golden Globes

Old 01-08-2018, 01:51 PM

7,855 posts, read 10,284,957 times
an orgy of virtue signalling last night , puke inducing

Old 01-08-2018, 02:52 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,799,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I have a hard time believing that Meryl Streep and others didn't know, based on how out in the open it was.

Shame on you.

THEY KNEW...THEY ALL KNEW.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Xr4SNodhlBs/hqdefault.jpg

Old 01-08-2018, 03:43 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,646,108 times
A lot of Hollywood is just plain flakesville.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies