Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2018, 06:04 AM

59,022 posts, read 27,290,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
With his short attention span, I'm sure that sentences are not the only thing he is unable to complete!
I find it ironic how so many dems scream and holler about repubs sexual lives then spend so much time casting insults and fantasizing on ones sexual life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2018, 06:07 AM

59,022 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I'm not sure of your point. Mr. Trump has nothing to do with bills passing out of a committee, or even out of the House. Such are not bills that he has on his desk.
"I'm not sure of your point."

"Such are not bills that he has on his desk"

I suggest a reading comprehension course.

You either didn't understand or are ignoring the content on purpose.

Old 01-08-2018, 06:47 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Talking Trump's shrinking mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post

President Trump is starting his official day much later than he did in the early days of his presidency, often around 11am, and holding far fewer meetings, according to copies of his private schedule shown to Axios. This is largely to meet Trump’s demands for more “Executive Time,” which almost always means TV and Twitter time alone in the residence, officials tell us.
Poor ol' tRump.

He has "the best" dementia ever!

Old 01-08-2018, 06:48 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,006,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"I'm not sure of your point."

"Such are not bills that he has on his desk"

I suggest a reading comprehension course.

You either didn't understand or are ignoring the content on purpose.
Here is what your little chart shows:

544 bills passed committee. Fine. But that does not translate into law, or has anything to do with Mr. Trump.

477 bills passed the House. Again, fine (I thought conservatives thought that the less bills, the better, but we will ignore that), but what does it signify?

During the House's two-year tenure, some 10,000 plus bills are submitted by the 435 members. It is not a magically thing to introduce a bill: you literally drop your proposed bill into a hopper, where it is assigned a bill number; most then die away, although some are passed on to a committee. Even if the bill survives and is passed out of the committee, many of them never make it to the floor for a vote. Those House bills that are passed by the House are then sent to the Senate (which your little chart ignores), where even more die.

Anyway, your little chart does not prove that Mr. Trump is active during the day. It does shows that the House is active.

Old 01-08-2018, 06:53 AM

1,219 posts, read 1,755,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
" Problem is, he isn't getting a thing done

On the contrary.

He IS getting a LOT done.

You and your just don't like what he is getting done.

More bills passed then average, and MORE then Obama passed at the same time in their 1st terms.

CANCELLED MANY of Obama's EO/EMs, especially killing many bad regulations.

Appointed a Conservative replacement to the Supreme Court.

Consumer confidence is away up.

Every economic stat is UP. Many breaking previous records.

Signed into law the first tax cut, which about 80% of all Americans will see a tax CUT, in over 30 years.

Obama Care will die of its own accord with the "penalty tax" removed.

etc., etc., etc.
Didn't Bush II give us a tax cut? I remember getting a check once or twice during his Presidency.

Old 02-03-2019, 08:08 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,320,226 times
Lots of faux news and breitbart viewing time required to generate the agenda for the base and tweet it out it seems

https://www.axios.com/donald-trump-p...02c334255.html

Trump has spent around 60% of his scheduled time over the past 3 months in unstructured "Executive Time."

Old 02-03-2019, 08:14 PM

11,119 posts, read 5,587,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Maybe if he spent less time watching Fox and tweeting out lies and personal attacks, he could spend time learning what's actually going on, forming sound policy ideas, and getting a sane agenda passed.

But that's never going to happen, so let's all just be happy that his ability to do damage is limited by his infant-like attention span and total lack of interest in actually doing any work.

They say that his staff often swipes documents off his desk, to keep him from signing them and he doesn't know that he's missed anything.

Old 02-03-2019, 08:17 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,837,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
As long as he is getting the Job done, who cares when he does it. The Liberals should know by now what he intends to do, and are too busy trying to get him out of office to care what he does. As long as Trumps people know the agenda, that's all that matter. The Liberal Snowflake Democrats don't need to know, since they have very little leverage or say I any of this Making America Great Again.

Yeah, so how is that replacement for Obamacare coming ? Or how about that "wall" ? So far, the only thing he has accomplished is alienating the rest of the world and our most valued allies from us.

WINNING !!!!!

Old 02-03-2019, 08:22 PM

672 posts, read 256,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
If you were married to Melania, you'd be starting your day later also.
I doubt she's touched the mushroom since Barron was born.

Old 02-03-2019, 08:31 PM

8,481 posts, read 6,886,522 times
And I had to put 40 hours or more into my average Joe job. Let’s knock off 60% of his yearly pay I say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies