Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2018, 07:55 AM

62,933 posts, read 29,126,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
First it was illegal immigration, then it was introducing merit based immigration, now its ending chain migration. It’s never been about legality. They just want to stop immigration. This is only because the majority of immigrants are non-white. US immigration laws have ALWAYS been rooted in racism. There were no limits on immigration into a significant number of immigrants that are coming from Asia. As a matter fact, our first immigration law was called the Chinese Exclusion Act.

Oh my God, get a grip and stop pulling the race card! We allow in 1 million legal immigrants from all over the world and most are non-whites. We aren't trying to change that just allow in those who will be a benefit to our country rather than a burden and llegal immigration is unacceptable no matter who they are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2018, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
The labor market was different in the past. There was a large demand for labor in factories. We don’t have that need any more. Poor countries need to reduce their birth rates instead of sending their surplus poor here to take away the few remaining jobs. We need to give those low skill jobs to Americans currently collecting welfare.

Exactly, and that policy has nothing to do with race.

Old 01-08-2018, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
Absolutely. Conservatives, in their heart of hearts, want to lock the door to the U.S. and throw away the key.

Ridiculous and non-factual remark! Why are liberals such liars?

Old 01-08-2018, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
if you're a lazy Americans which is what we have become, you can't compete with people coming into this country. That's why hispanics have taken over the building trades in America. lazy americans

What are you smoking? Since when have Americans become lazy? It's pretty racist of you to claim that Hispanics are superior to anyone else also. Illegal Hispanics are here working for less so the greedy employers hire them instead of an American for a fair wage. Illegal aliens whom are mostly Hispanics have taken over the building trades for the same reason not because Americans are too lazy to do those jobs. I swear every time someone lies like that in here my blood pressures goes thru the roof!

Old 01-08-2018, 08:33 AM

736 posts, read 353,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
No need to import those that aren't ethnically compatible or those that won't fight and improve the region they hail from. If these people are too weak and unmotivated to straighten things out in their own Country, what should we expect when they break in to our Nation? Crickets.

We've seen what happens to cultures when overrun by such invaders. But that's not really what you and your pals on the Left are concerned with. You see it as an opportunity to gather enough "warm bodies" so as to effect political wins through immigration and its ugly side-effect---chain migration.

We know your game and aren't going to stand by and watch like France did. It's our Country and we get to make the rules.

Fasten your seat belt. Just sayin.
I don't know where you got the idea I'm part of the left. I favor a similar stance like Israel. The USA government needs to end illegal migration and the H1B program. The Japanese point system is what should replace the current visa system with high standards that would eliminate all, but the very best.

Old 01-08-2018, 08:58 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,206,249 times
If we wanted to stop immigration, we could. We don't want to. It isn't difficult to understand.

Now, the question is, "Who is we?"

I obviously don't mean you, or me, or even the majority. I mean the people who run the country.

Last edited by Redshadowz; 01-08-2018 at 09:16 AM..

Old 01-08-2018, 11:13 AM

5,462 posts, read 5,707,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
If we wanted to stop immigration, we could. We don't want to. It isn't difficult to understand.

Now, the question is, "Who is we?"

I obviously don't mean you, or me, or even the majority. I mean the people who run the country.
The most effective way to stop illegal immigration is to penalize companies/people that employ them. The wall is just a gimmick.

Old 01-08-2018, 11:16 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,963,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Because racism is not something to be proud of, that's why.

Fix the illegal immigration problem - be my guest. But don't dare strut around being proud of "keeping THOSE people" out of the nation, because that means the real thing that's causing grief isn't "illegal immigration," but "brown people" or "people who are different." And we all know damn well that's the real motivator behind the right-wing outrage.
I knew it wouldn't be long until some lefty came along playing their hilarious "racism" card.

Tell me, sir, what do you say to all the Hispanics and blacks here that are against illegal immigration? Are they racist, too?

Unbelievable.

Old 01-08-2018, 11:18 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,963,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
The Japanese are known, throughout Asia for their deep and abounding racism. They consider themselves something of a master race. Israel is an apartheid state. It’s no wonder the right-wingers admire those two nations so much.
Japan is a nation of success. A nation of pride. A nation of hard-working capitalists.

Israel is a nation of success. A nation of pride. A nation for Jews to congregate and escape the overt anti-Semitism that has literally killed tens of millions of them since the beginning of time.

Its no wonder left-wingers hate those two nations so much.

Old 01-08-2018, 11:19 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,206,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
The most effective way to stop illegal immigration is to penalize companies/people that employ them. The wall is just a gimmick.
And it isn't going to happen. Which was my point. "We" don't actually want to do it. We might talk about it, and act like we do, but "We" don't.

So what is the point of these threads?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies