Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2018, 10:58 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,776,427 times

Advertisements

Shocked, I am, that a 20-something youth pastor would try to get some action with a comely 17-year-old parishioner.

When a girl above the age of consent is asked to perform a blowjob and willingly agrees, that's not sexual assault. And when an impropriety like this is 20 years old, and was never kept secret from the employer, there is no grounds for anyone to be fired.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2018, 11:00 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,469,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Shocked, I am, that a 20-something youth pastor would try to get some action with a comely 17-year-old parishioner.

When a girl above the age of consent is asked to perform a blowjob and willingly agrees, that's not sexual assault. And when an impropriety like this is 20 years old, and was never kept secret from the employer, there is no grounds for anyone to be fired.
Other than the part about how pastors and the like are supposed to be all Jesusy and behavior like this... isn't.

Old 01-07-2018, 11:02 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,295,161 times
Quote:

I disagree when the person in question is in a role this guy was. But that didn't happen at his current church.

Old 01-07-2018, 11:03 PM

Isn't it odd that liberals are now even more puritanical about sex than Evangelical Christian churches?

Old 01-07-2018, 11:05 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,469,105 times
Quote:
Isn't it odd that liberals are now even more puritanical about sex than Evangelical Christian churches?
No, we're just sensitive to hypocrites - which, as a supporter of the Stable Genius Golfer-in-Chief, you clearly are not.

Old 01-07-2018, 11:12 PM

Quote:
“As a college student on staff at a church in Texas more than 20 years ago, I regretfully had a sexual incident with a female high school senior in the church. I apologized and sought forgiveness from her, her parents, her discipleship group, the church staff, and the church leadership, who informed the congregation. In agreement with wise counsel, I took every step to respond in a biblical way.
I resigned from ministry and moved back home to Memphis. I accepted full responsibility for my actions. I was and remain very remorseful for the incident and deeply regret the pain I caused her and her family, as well as the pain I caused the church and God’s Kingdom.
Seems like that would pretty much cover it, to any sane person's satisfaction...

Old 01-07-2018, 11:18 PM

2,151 posts, read 1,359,022 times
Quote:
Seems like that would pretty much cover it, to any sane person's satisfaction...
If she was sexually assaulted, any sane person would want it investigated and handled appropriately in a criminal court. And if convicted, the violator should be added to the list of sexual offenders.

Sorry, but criminals don't get to just apologize and move on. They must be handled appropriately. Especially if it involves a child as the victim.

Old 01-07-2018, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDoPhysicsPhD View Post
If she was sexually assaulted, any sane person would want it investigated and handled appropriately in a criminal court. And if convicted, the violator should be added to the list of sexual offenders.

Sorry, but criminals don't get to just apologize and move on. They must be handled appropriately. Especially if it involves a child as the victim.
She wasn't. By her own account she willingly performed fellatio on young Pastor Savage.

Old 01-07-2018, 11:34 PM

2,151 posts, read 1,359,022 times
Quote:
She wasn't. By her own account she willingly performed fellatio on young Pastor Savage.
"I was scared" and "sexually assaulted me". He was also a person of authority. So everything points to assault.

Let's all hope he gets his day in court. Abusing minors is a serious crime.

Old 01-07-2018, 11:40 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,643,329 times
Cmon really?!! LOL

She was 17, he was a 20 something!

Thats not exactly pedophile territory imo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies