Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2018, 08:31 AM

2,528 posts, read 1,657,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Newtovenice, it's becoming more and more difficult for me to give you the benefit of doubt in this exchange. I really do not want to believe that you are just looking for an excuse to be a jerk with impunity. It's really not that hard to be kind. If someone says, "Hey, I prefer to be called she," either comply with the person's request or move on. That's the way you avoid being accused of harassment. There is no ban on a particular pronoun. There is a law in California that protects transgender people from sustained and threatening behavior. This apparently remains difficult for you to accept, and I have no desire to continue discussing the matter in the face of your intransigence.
Just let me get it straight. So, if somebody decided 2 minutes ago that he is the mood today to be a girl, I cannot tell him "good morning sir", and if I do, I might get issues with the police?

Old 01-10-2018, 08:33 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 2 days ago)

27,178 posts, read 13,461,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YuMart View Post

To me it all sounds like a bunch of crap.

That's because it is a bunch of crap.

Old 01-10-2018, 08:36 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,369,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
Just let me get it straight. So, if somebody decided 2 minutes ago that he is the mood today to be a girl, I cannot tell him "good morning sir", and if I do, I might get issues with the police?
Congratulations on completely missing the point of my posts on the matter.

Old 01-10-2018, 09:23 AM

1,949 posts, read 3,864,105 times
Quote:
No, that is a strawman argument the people who do not accept GF people like to trot out. The GF people I know don't do anything like that.

Old 01-10-2018, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Exactly.

The majority's voice is being ignored on this.
Again, complete hogwash. The majority does not get to decide on people's rights - that is why they are called rights. The majority decides on law and policy, but not rights.

And don't worry, your ability to urinate all over marginalized groups is more than intact in the USA. So, don't worry about that.

Old 01-10-2018, 09:29 AM

Quote:
You can feel that you are a woman, you can feel that you are a hippopotamus or a panda, but you will not make me to address you as a woman or a panda.
I just want you and alike away from my daughters locker room and from her soccer team. It's just unfair that you, a man that feels he is a woman (WTF?) will take her gold medals because he has biological advances on her.

Wow, shameless and sadistic! Feel better now that you crapped all over her for taking a risk and sharing that personal info here? She has 100 times more guts than you ever will. Shame on you.

Old 01-10-2018, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Apparently, calling me, and those like me sick and abnormal isn't derogatory to you. But it is. It's incredibly disrespectful. You flat out refuse to even take a step in my shoes, much less walk a mile in them. You have no desire whatsover to understand the established science of this. You just label me sick, and a deviant, without even knowing me.

I'm tired of this. I am female. I was born this way. I have had thee feelings, these longings, all of my life. It is not unnatural. I am not sick because I feel this way. I do not need to be helped. I do not need to be cured. What I need, and what all of those who are like me need, is understanding and compassion. We have not injured you in any way. And yet, we are scorned and attacked. And all because we are different. What we do is no different from what you do. We talk and laugh. We complain about work and we wonder about growing old. We talk about our families, and we worry about the future. And we cry with those we are close to when things seem hopeless.

The classification was changed in 2012, hardly five minutes ago.
You are valid and you are so brave for sharing here in this forum. Speaking your truth to people who are trying to dehumanize you makes me truly admire and respect you!

You have 100 times more guts than any of the haters on this thread!

Bless you!

Old 01-10-2018, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
I do not believe you are a deviant and I have NEVER said that. I am not attacking you or scorning you.

Do I believe it is illness? Yes. I do. Do you have to agree with me? No. Did I have to agree with you. No.

Is cancer an illness? Yes. Do I hate people with cancer? No, of course not. Am I afraid of people with cancer? No. Do I think people with cancer are deviants? No.

If I bumped into you on the street, I would say, excuse me, I'm sorry.

Are you getting the picture yet? I hope so.

But it's wrong to teach children that boys can be girls and girls can be boys just because they feel like it today. It's wrong for little kids to be taught that it is NORMAL. Do you believe that they even UNDERSTAND what that means? Do you see how damaging that is to little children? (Little children should be taught. Be nice. Don't say mean things to other people. End of story. Covers ALL bases.)

It's wrong to enact laws that can have penalties of fines and JAIL for using a pronoun. A PRONOUN.

It's wrong to take freedom of speech away.

What you've said is that you want to be free to live your life.

Guess what???? ME TOO!!
Except she wants to be free to be herself and not be marginalized...while everything you're saying in this thread tells us that you want to be free to marginalize her. BIG difference. You've been given a number of chances to walk this back and reframe it but have refused every time.

And stop it with the constant strawman arguments about being thrown in jail for using the wrong pronoun. Seriously, too many people who get worked up about this and make that claim seem to enjoy playing the drama queen victim.

Old 01-10-2018, 09:41 AM

This thread has been fascinating. Seeing so many people fighting for the "freedom" to marginalize other people while the ones being marginalized just want the freedom to be themselves without being harassed and/or seen as beneath everyone else.

Its been the same with every civil rights issue we've ever faced in our country.

Old 01-10-2018, 02:43 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,299,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpat View Post
This thread has been fascinating. Seeing so many people fighting for the "freedom" to marginalize other people while the ones being marginalized just want the freedom to be themselves without being harassed and/or seen as beneath everyone else.

Its been the same with every civil rights issue we've ever faced in our country.
What strikes me with this thread is was suppose to be about "gender fluidity" but quickly turned into a thread about "transgender". The two are not the same. It is my understanding that one whom claims to be "gender fluid" is one who does not consistently identify as a specific gender.

Dictionary definition:
a mix of both genders, and may feel more male on some days and more female on others.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/gender-fluid
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies