Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2018, 03:43 PM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
What about the fees they charge businesses on a per charge basis?
Are we talking about businesses or individual? Since the OP is clearly talking about individuals, why try to make the discussion in your favor by bring in something that really does does not go with the OP?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2018, 03:43 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,614,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Liberals hate good economic news. It makes Trump look good.
Ironic, Trump voters hated good economic news while Obama was president. In fact some of them flat out deny the economy was good prior to Trump getting elected.

Old 01-08-2018, 03:48 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,614,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
They elected to have goods and services paid for by visa. An entity does not have to pay for visas services. Nor accept Visa brand credit/debit cards.

I take cash and check only. I'm not passing my expense onto the consumer to use a fancy card reader because it's convienent for them than to have cash or check on hand. Nor wait for the money to come in, 2-3 days opposed to cash which is instant. Check. Under 10k cleared that day before close of business day. Over 10k up to a week.

Financial services should be free?
Did I ever say that? Nope. I never even hinted that they should be free. The poster I responded to only mentioned late fees collected.

Some card services do charge the merchant on a per transaction basis or at least they used to. I have no idea how Visa does it. They usually pass on the expense to the consumer.

Old 01-08-2018, 03:48 PM

693 posts, read 356,968 times
Quote:
Who's really hating on this good news?

I don't know if you realize this....the biggest dividers in this country....are Trump supporters. Just look at this forum. Take a quick peek at the first few pages, and look at all the thread titles....and you'll easily see that they're intended to criticize "liberals".

Ironically enough, it's those SAME kind of people, that for years, under Obama, wouldn't acknowledge how much better the economy was doing (as compared to when he took office).

And yes, those are the SAME kind of people, that loved it when Palin initiated the division in this country, by trying to separate what she considered real americans versus others.

But hey, let's keep all these "liberals are going to hate this" threads going, it only shows us just how childish and divisive some of you are, just like your god trump.

Old 01-08-2018, 03:50 PM

52,687 posts, read 47,946,017 times
Quote:
Or Americans, for that matter.

Old 01-08-2018, 03:52 PM

52,687 posts, read 47,946,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
More good news for Americans, as a direct result of the signing by President Donald J Trump of the 2017 TAX CUTS AND JOBS ACT. I know everyone is overwhelmed with all of the winning, so this thread becomes a twofer.

Not only do seniors get the greatly enhanced personal deduction, they kept their alreadygenerous additional $1,600 personal exemption kicker. A couple filing a married filing jointly a standard deduction of $26,600.

Now, on to the VISA news. Happy days for those employees.

http://https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/...employees.html

We're going to hear a lot more great stories like this one. Many people have already gotten bonuses and the cuts haven't even kicked in yet. Can't wait to see what my own paycheck will look like, not to mention the growth of my 401K from work. Great things are happening.

Old 01-08-2018, 03:56 PM

8,132 posts, read 3,671,773 times
Quote:
More good news for Americans, as a direct result of the signing by President Donald J Trump of the 2017 TAX CUTS AND JOBS ACT. I know everyone is overwhelmed with all of the winning, so this thread becomes a twofer.

Not only do seniors get the greatly enhanced personal deduction, they kept their alreadygenerous additional $1,600 personal exemption kicker. A couple filing a married filing jointly a standard deduction of $26,600.

Now, on to the VISA news. Happy days for those employees.

http://https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/...employees.html

Considering the personal exemptions are gone, the "enhancement" is pretty minimal. And of course it is reversed for anybody who has kids.

Old 01-08-2018, 03:57 PM

3,637 posts, read 1,698,001 times
Quote:

While almost anything is possible, making Donald Trump look good isn't one of them. You can't polish that one.

Old 01-08-2018, 04:28 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,481,067 times
Quote:
seniors get the greatly enhanced personal deduction, they kept their already generous additional $1,600 personal exemption
Can you please post a link about this?

The cnbc link didn't mention anything about the senior personal exemption being available in the new GOP tax plan. Or a larger standard deduction for seniors.

Thank you

Old 01-08-2018, 04:38 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,062,579 times
Snark demonstrates inability to converse. You got anything to contribute?
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
Wow. I never realized Trump slept on a featherbed !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies