Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2018, 03:13 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,862,153 times

Advertisements

https://www.chalkbeat.org/posts/co/2...2000-students/

https://www.denverpost.com/2017/12/1...entrification/

Rather than 150 million dollars in new welfare to bribe poor families to stay in Denver like Mayor Hancock is proposing, they should rejoice that the poor families are packing their bags and getting out of dodge.

The article says it is "crushing" and "we need families". Sorry, but as one who grew up in Colorado Springs and Denver, I am so glad these poor families can't rent in the city anymore.

Glad, a 3 bedroom in Ruby Hill is now $2,000 a month. Kudos to the landlords for pricing out the riff-raff.

Lots of illegals leaving Denver according to the article because not only does a small house rent in one of the previously roughest neighborhoods renting for $2,000 a month but the illegals are leaving to thanks to President Trump's fantastic deportation policies.

Sad that poor families are moving out in droves from Denver which is a great thing and the mayor wants to bribe them into moving back with 150 million dollars in welfare housing.

I am really looking to illegals and poor families getting priced out of Colorado Springs as that city seems to have had a big influx of illegals and poor families due to Denver housing prices.

Luckily, when Colorado Springs gets expensive like Denver, the mayor won't propose a stupid 150 million welfare housing program.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2018, 03:16 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
The mayor understands that people are going to be bitching when they have to start paying higher wages to get their yards done and fill a shift at Burger King.

Old 01-08-2018, 03:24 PM

20,863 posts, read 9,529,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Rather than 150 million dollars in new welfare to bribe poor families to stay in Denver like Mayor Hancock is proposing, they should rejoice that the poor families are packing their bags and getting out of dodge.

The article says it is "crushing" and "we need families". Sorry, but as one who grew up in Colorado Springs and Denver, I am so glad these poor families can't rent in the city anymore...
Yeah, and they're all going to move to Texas and help turn Texas blue.

Beware of what you ask for, you just might get it.

Old 01-08-2018, 03:31 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,327,383 times
need poor people to fill prisons. need poor people for the the local pd to focus on and not the well-off people. need poor people to do servant level work.

Old 01-08-2018, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Yeah, and they're all going to move to Texas and help turn Texas blue.

Beware of what you ask for, you just might get it.
I doubt that. President Trump won Texas by 800,000 votes.

Texas is still very, very, very Republican.

Poor families with several kids have very low voter participation rates.

Old 01-08-2018, 03:49 PM

19,621 posts, read 12,218,208 times
So you hate poor people. I am glad people are feeling free to admit this, now that everything else is PC and offensive. Apparently it's ok to hate poor people, I am not sure why.

It isn't just illegals or welfare families who can't afford 2K/mo apartments.

Old 01-08-2018, 03:53 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,516,836 times
Quote:

Texas is still very, very, very Republican.

Poor families with several kids have very low voter participation rates.
But after Nevada and Arizona, Texas is the Democrat's best hope of picking up a Senate seat in the upcoming 2018 elections.

Wait, what? That does not sound very promising. But the media has been crowing about how the Democrats have the 2018 elections in the bag already. How can that be?

Old 01-08-2018, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
So you hate poor people. I am glad people are feeling free to admit this, now that everything else is PC and offensive. Apparently it's ok to hate poor people, I am not sure why.

It isn't just illegals or welfare families who can't afford 2K/mo apartments.
I don't hate anyone.

I think it is interesting how the market has priced out these poor families out of Denver who didn't own there homes before the boom, the city should be glad they are packing up their bags and leaving the city.

Someone can easily live in Denver with a roommate and split a small apartment for $1,000 a month.

It's a wonderful thing for our big cities that there is a huge single-family home shortage and they have to pay $2,000 or more per month for a house plus utilities.

I think it will be interesting in these big cities when landlords opt out of section 8 in large numbers because they want two-hard workers renting their home as opposed to section 8 welfare people who have baby after baby and don't maintain it like they should.

Glad that the poor families are leaving if they don't own their own homes. The mayor should be happy they are leaving rather than raising taxes and fees for welfare housing for families who can't stop having babies.

Looks like a big, big single-family housing shortage is coming nationwide and especially in big cities. Glad the owners are cashing in on the scarcity and cleaning out the neighborhoods from all the noise and riff-raff the process.

Mayors like the one in Denver should rejoice in the massive exodus of poor families and not distort the market forces with welfare schemes by confiscating hard-working Denverites paychecks for more worthless welfare programs.

Old 01-08-2018, 04:38 PM

20,863 posts, read 9,529,660 times
Quote:
And Romney won Texas in 2012 by 1,261,719 votes, a narrowing of 461K votes in just 4 years.

Old 01-08-2018, 04:46 PM

30,362 posts, read 19,149,932 times
It is what it is. Denver will be a better city for the remainders that can afford it. The poor will be shoved to a less expensive area and they will take their higher penchant for crime with them. This is what happens with gentrification, SF, NYC, San Diego, & Seattle have already gone through what Denver is going through.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies