Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2018, 04:24 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times

Advertisements

Read it. It's long. It's pretty damning evidence in here, including screen shots of emails, text messages, IMs, etc, not just from lower level employees, but from Directors and Managers alike:

https://www.scribd.com/document/3686...een&from_embed

Thankfully we have choices alternative to Google.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2018, 04:36 PM

30,369 posts, read 19,156,062 times
I read a good portion of it. You cannot discriminate based on racial or gender basis and it sounds like Google may have gone too far with their "diversity" programs to the point of discrimination against white and asian males....which of course is the people who built the company.

As far as alternatives, any good ones? I think Google overall is a top company based on their products and services.

Old 01-08-2018, 04:41 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,910,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
As far as alternatives, any good ones? I think Google overall is a top company based on their products and services.
Bing is pretty good (and they have great images), and I don't mind the incentives/free money - I use it as my first search engine. That said, Google is the best at what they do, and I do default to it once in a while.

Old 01-08-2018, 04:49 PM

30,369 posts, read 19,156,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Bing is pretty good (and they have great images), and I don't mind the incentives/free money - I use it as my first search engine. That said, Google is the best at what they do, and I do default to it once in a while.
Yeah I used to use Bing as I have family working there but found Google to be a bit better.

I'm not the type that normally makes decisions on products and services based on politics....I want the best whoever is providing that.

Old 01-08-2018, 04:51 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,746,928 times
Quote:
I read a good portion of it. You cannot discriminate based on racial or gender basis and it sounds like Google may have gone too far with their "diversity" programs to the point of discrimination against white and asian males....which of course is the people who built the company.

I use DuckDuckGo or iXQuick. They just allow you to hide behind them - but AFAIK, the results are google results.

I also use hooktube when I can instead of youtube.

I don't like some of the things that google does with your search history.

Old 01-08-2018, 05:06 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,910,517 times
Quote:
Yeah I used to use Bing as I have family working there but found Google to be a bit better.

I'm not the type that normally makes decisions on products and services based on politics....I want the best whoever is providing that.
I'm not actually suggesting you use Bing because of politics. It has legitimate reasons to be used (being "paid" to search is a pretty good one) - which is why I use it. I do use Google, too.

Old 01-08-2018, 11:16 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,370,877 times
Quote:
I read a good portion of it. You cannot discriminate based on racial or gender basis and it sounds like Google may have gone too far with their "diversity" programs to the point of discrimination . . . .
All "diversity" efforts depend on illegal discrimination.

Old 01-08-2018, 11:17 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
I’ll stick to Google.

Old 01-09-2018, 04:59 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Default It's about time! Conservative male sues Google

James Damore sues Google, claims tech giant discriminates against white conservative men | Fox News

well, it's about damn time. I've seen this going on for years all over the internet....not to mention, closing someone's opinion down by either calling them names, or by simply deleting the opinions of conservatives.

If I'd have been that couple who refused to bake a cake for someone whose race, religion or whatever, I didn't approve of, I'd have counter sued those people.

This country has become way too politically correct....the left seems to be able to say anything they want, no matter how cruel or horrible, but when the right comes back with anything, they are shut down....
enough is enough.

I see it on the news constantly....b/c they are owned by liberal money.

It's got to stop.

Old 01-09-2018, 05:02 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Google, Yahoo, Twitter, Facebook, MSN, etc all censor conservative views. They get away with it because they are private companies run by far Left zealots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies