Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2018, 09:21 AM

1,054 posts, read 1,276,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Big stretch to assume a wife is enabling a philandering husband just because she stays in a marriage, but whatever.
Hillary just wanted to set a good example for her daughter. "Yes, Daddy is Fing any young girl that will let him but Mommy can't afford to raise you on her own so we must stay here in the White House."

Old 01-10-2018, 09:29 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
You don't remember the bimbo eruptions? Hillary was very active in trying to discredit the women.
How so?

Old 01-10-2018, 12:21 PM

30,148 posts, read 11,783,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
How so?
Seriously you are asking that?

How about we let politico explain Hillary's behavior:

It wasn’t a Clinton enemy that came up with the phrase “bimbo eruption,” but an ally and friend, Betsey Wright. The word “bimbo,” by the way, says it all about the contempt Clinton World had for women with the poor judgment to succumb to Bill’s wiles.

According to journalist Michael Isikoff, the Clinton campaign in 1992 spent $100,000 on private-detective work related to women. The approach, when rumors first popped up, was to get affidavits from women denying affairs — the reflex of most women is to avoid exposure — and, failing that, to use any discrediting tool at hand.

Hillary was fully on board. When a rock groupie told Penthouse in late 1991 that a state trooper approached her on Gov. Clinton’s behalf, Hillary said “we have to destroy her story.”

https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...enabler-213919

Old 01-10-2018, 12:24 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,972,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
She sits in the White House advising a man who has been accused by 17 women of sexual assault, and then pretends to care about women who are victims of sexual assault. There is nothing positive about that.
Kind of like the woman who turned a blind eye for decades to abuse in the industry, then pretending to care about women who are victims? Is that what you're talking about?

Old 01-10-2018, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
No, I'm saying that Donald Trump's election is what started the #Me Too campaign. The millions upon millions of women who took the the streets to protest his election is what started the #Me Too campaign. Electing a sexual predator was the flash point.
A year and a half after the election, the sexual predators in Hollywood are exposed, and Trump started it?

That's quite a stretch.

If the election was the flash point, where were those women at last year's Golden Globes?

Old 01-10-2018, 12:27 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
Seriously you are asking that?

How about we let politico explain Hillary's behavior:

It wasn’t a Clinton enemy that came up with the phrase “bimbo eruption,” but an ally and friend, Betsey Wright. The word “bimbo,” by the way, says it all about the contempt Clinton World had for women with the poor judgment to succumb to Bill’s wiles.

According to journalist Michael Isikoff, the Clinton campaign in 1992 spent $100,000 on private-detective work related to women. The approach, when rumors first popped up, was to get affidavits from women denying affairs — the reflex of most women is to avoid exposure — and, failing that, to use any discrediting tool at hand.

Hillary was fully on board. When a rock groupie told Penthouse in late 1991 that a state trooper approached her on Gov. Clinton’s behalf, Hillary said “we have to destroy her story.”

https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...enabler-213919
And this is Hillary attacking the women?

Calling the women who had sex with her adulterous husband bimbos is rather accurate.

A Presidential campaign spends millions of dollars. $100,000 on private detectives is a drop in the bucket, and not much of an attack to ask them to deny the affairs.

Old 01-10-2018, 12:28 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Did Oprah make some sort of speech?

Old 01-10-2018, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Oprah didn't accuse, try or convict anyone. Her speech was pro-women. If it attacked anything, it attacked the idea that women aren't men's equals, it attacked the idea that women should be silent when they are victimized, it attacked the idea that men treating women like things they can use is okay.
Kind of like how Oprah and all of the other Hollywood women were silent when they knew about the victimization?

Nothing brave about a group of women who stay silent so as not to jeopardize, or to further, their careers. Then, after saying nothing for decades, and in many cases embracing the men who were the perpetrators, they jump on a bandwagon and pretend to be heroes.

That's not being pro-women.

Old 01-10-2018, 12:36 PM

Quote:
I'm an ardent feminist. I am fully aware of how Trump's comments during the campaign were grossly inappropriate. I am fully aware of the women who've accused Trump of inappropriate behavior.

As a woman who's been sexually assaulted and sexually harassed, it wasn't courage that women needed. Women were already brave and strong. It wasn't courage that was needed, it was an atmosphere where women would be heard and believed. For me, at least, it wasn't Trump's election that created that atmosphere. It was more complicated. It was that a woman ran for President, and got more votes. She was seen as more capable, more knowledgeable, than the man she ran against. She lost because of a technicality. That moved me. That spoke to me about how our society has changed, even since her husband was President. The march, and the millions of women who participated, was empowering, but again, because it demonstrated how the 21st century is very different than the 20th century. I thought about how women got the vote almost one hundred years ago, and what that has meant, and what still has to be done.

"Metoo came after Weinstein was outed. I can understand how you believe that the march empowered women. Maybe it did insofar as it told women they had a voice, and that people were listening. That people were finally listening.

But maybe you can consider that Ivanka's tweet was an affirmation of that as well. She was listening to what Oprah said. She supports that message. You want her to condemn her father, but she's not ready to do that. I respect that. I respect that the same way I respect the millions of women who haven't come forward about their sexual assault. Each of us has to deal with these issues in ways that work for us. Ivanka has a relationship with her father, and any of us who have difficult relationships with our parents can understand that those relationships are important to us, that we have to think about how our actions can affect such a relationship. It's even more complicated for Ivanka, because of her relationships with her mother and siblings, because of her own children and how they are impacted by her father, because of his wealth and how the Trump name is a brand and that affects her businesses, because her father is President of the United States, and how he is struggling on multiple fronts to serve in that office.
Hilarious, that you're putting the woman who sheltered, defended and enabled her sexual predator husband for decades, on a pedestal. The woman who attacked the woman who accused him, to shut them up. The woman you find more capable, simply because she's a woman and you're an ardent feminist.

Old 01-10-2018, 12:37 PM

20,458 posts, read 12,378,099 times
Oprah fed young women to Harvey Weinstien like a homeless woman feeding bred to ducks.... AND she gave cover to Bill Clinton in the aftermath of his impeachment.

so please don't tell me how awesome Oprah is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies