Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2018, 11:44 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
point 1. Would you rather have her clothing line made here by paying illegal aliens who are "woefully underpaid"?
There you go again with a false dichotomy. Its not an either/or. If these people truly cared for the working class, their actions in their own business would show it.

Quote:
Point 2. Are you talking about Ivanka? Or Chelsea Clinton? Because unlike Chelsea, Ivanka's father has not been convicted of any sexual crime..cant really say the say for Chelsea..but of course, no one would DARE accuse her of anti-woman policies...right?
I'm talking about Ivanka. While Trump may not have been convicted, there has been plenty of women who've said he has hurt them. Bill Clinton was never convicted of a sexual crime either.

Chelsea Clinton's support of women's issue are not anti-woman. Ivanka's embrace of her father's policies are.

Quote:
Point 3. Pay transparency? what the hell is that? It is already FEDERAL LAW that businesses cannot pay women less than men..IT WAS A LAW LONG BEFORE OBAMA. So what the hell is the point of an "Obama" era regulation?
You can read up on pay transparency here:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...nder-wage-gap/

and here:

https://www.theatlantic.com/business...-obama/433926/

Old 01-09-2018, 11:45 AM

78,431 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Shrug, the irony to the whole thing is that if Bill Clinton resided in the Whitehouse instead right now, there would have been no p-hat marches, Weinstein would still be doing his thing, Spacey would be on Netflix and there would have been no Oprah speech.

Old 01-09-2018, 03:29 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Shrug, the irony to the whole thing is that if Bill Clinton resided in the Whitehouse instead right now, there would have been no p-hat marches, Weinstein would still be doing his thing, Spacey would be on Netflix and there would have been no Oprah speech.
If Bill Clinton resided in the White House right now we'd either be in some kind of time warp or the Constitution would have been altered in the last two decades.

But playing along with your premise, millions of women would still be too afraid to come forward to name their abusers. I hope you're not implying that's a good thing.

Old 01-09-2018, 03:38 PM

19,844 posts, read 12,106,658 times
I suspect Ivanka doesn’t care what a gaggle of harpies on CD screech about.

Old 01-09-2018, 03:44 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
If Bill Clinton resided in the White House right now we'd either be in some kind of time warp or the Constitution would have been altered in the last two decades.

But playing along with your premise, millions of women would still be too afraid to come forward to name their abusers. I hope you're not implying that's a good thing.
I think the key word he used was “irony”. Pointing out the irony that women are better off under Trump than they were under Clinton.

Old 01-09-2018, 03:51 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I think the key word he used was “irony”. Pointing out the irony that women are better off under Trump than they were under Clinton.
Ah. Well, yes, I guess it's true that the election of an admitted sexual assaulter had at least one positive, albeit unintended, consequence.

Thanks for the clarification.

Old 01-09-2018, 04:06 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times
Quote:
Ah. Well, yes, I guess it's true that the election of an admitted sexual assaulter had at least one positive, albeit unintended, consequence.

Thanks for the clarification.
No problem. But the better question is, Why didnt it happen with the other sexual predator? Why was he not scrutinized by the people that now are scrutinizing Trump? What does that say about those people?

And dont get me wrong, I liked the first sexual predator as much as the next person. He had a strong stance against illegal aliens (his words). He was for welfare reform as well.

Old 01-09-2018, 04:09 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times
Quote:
https://twitter.com/IvankaTrump/stat...61402053447685

The responses, as she should have expected, were not kind. She seems to not understand that that speech was, in large part, about her father.

Ivanka, Dear, perhaps you should start that process yourself and "come together" in support the 17 women who have accused dear old Dad. No one will ever take you seriously until that happens.

In large part? So much for giving props to Hollywood for "policing their own."

Beyond that, I have to say that Ivanka Trump should have anticipated that response, and should have refrained from commenting in that arena, about that topic. Just as Chelsea and Hillary Clinton did.

And if you think that any kudos to Winfrey by them would have been met with the same snark and vitriol that Alyssa Milano et. al. spewed, you're not being honest.

Old 01-09-2018, 04:13 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,583,738 times
Meow! Cat fight!

Old 01-09-2018, 04:26 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,730,662 times
Quote:
No, I'm saying that Donald Trump's election is what started the #Me Too campaign. The millions upon millions of women who took the the streets to protest his election is what started the #Me Too campaign. Electing a sexual predator was the flash point.
Bill Clinton is gone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies