Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2018, 12:51 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,910,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
In other words, he's testifying that he and Chris Steele were helping the Kremlin interfere in the election.
Uh...what?

Please, walk us through that logic path.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2018, 12:53 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,910,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
it is a long enough document , but scanning through it i CAN see why Republicans wanted to hide this. The Doc seems to show Fusion GPS in a good light and appears awful for trump

it clearly shows Steele was concerned with Trump being blackmailed by Putin and that this was the motivation to contact the FBI..

Grassley should be ashamed of himself.
I agree with the bold. I would really like to him to try to explain why this couldn't be released.

The whole song and dance they pulled doesn't seem to reflect well on them right now, and sure smells like they were trying to keep it hidden for a reason.

11,404 posts, read 4,084,700 times
Very interesting. If some of the information in this release can be corroborated, it might end up being a very big deal.

It's no wonder Nunes and Grassley wanted to keep this from the public.

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Steele went to the FBI as he obtained evidence that the Russians may have something to blackmail the Trump campaign with, and he believed that blackmail could be threatening to US national security.

Steele is more patriotic towards the US than Grassley, Nunes and their ilk.

And, btw, the FBI had a whistleblower inside the Trump camp.

"...Essentially what he (Steele) told me (Simpson) was they (the FBI) had other intelligence about this matter from an internal Trump campaign source and that -- that they -- my understanding was that they believed Chris at this point -- that they believed Chris's information might be credible because they had other intelligence that indicated the same thing and one of those pieces of intelligence was a human source from inside the Trump organization.

Old 01-09-2018, 12:54 PM

1,949 posts, read 3,864,105 times
This Fusion GPS transcript says that trump was in deep with "organized crime figures."

Old 01-09-2018, 12:54 PM

3,874 posts, read 4,697,874 times
Default Fusion GPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Wow. Where exactly do you get that from? What nonsense.
You are correct!
I can't believe the extent to which tRUMPISTS either don't understand what they read or willingly spread misinformation.
Thank you for calling out that member a moment ago!

Old 01-09-2018, 12:55 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,999 times
Where's the bombshell here?

Old 01-09-2018, 12:55 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,372,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Wow. Where exactly do you get that from? What nonsense.
You see, he and Steele "were eager to accept intelligence from a foreign government about their political rivals and that is, you know, I would say, a form of interference".

Old 01-09-2018, 12:57 PM

3,874 posts, read 4,697,874 times
Default Fusion GPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Very interesting. If some of the information in this release can be corroborated, it might end up being a very big deal.

It's no wonder Nunes and Grassley wanted to keep this from the public.
Nunes has long behaved as if he has something dirty to hide. Let it all come into the light.
And more recently grassley & graham have joined in as trUMP water carriers!
Something in the gop smells fishy!

Old 01-09-2018, 12:58 PM

4,514 posts, read 2,523,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
You see, he and Steele "were eager to accept intelligence from a foreign government about their political rivals and that is, you know, I would say, a form of interference".
So I guess hiring someone to do a fake dossier using info given to them by paid Russian government spies, to undermine elections by smearing a candidate would meet your criteria for interference?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies