Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2018, 10:16 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,362,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
That is the constant moving goal post.

Where it was, is not where it is, or where its going.
The only reason it's going anywhere is that some of you have an ax to grind and keep promoting the idea. Oprah is not running for president.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2018, 10:19 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Being a TV star neither qualifies or disqualifies someone from being POTUS, it is irrelevant.

If you look at these forums, or anywhere else, the complaints about Trump have not been about him being a TV Host. Only that being a TV Host does not qualify him (nor Oprah) to be POTUS.

As for me, I would not be in favor of Oprah, and I "likely" would not vote for her. If she ran against DT, then I probably would vote for her, but I'd like to think that Americans have learned their lesson, and that both parties can do better next time.

Wish like hell that Biden would run. It's time we got a true American back in the office, it's been almost a year, and look how quickly we've declined. I don't think Oprah is up to the task of cleaning this mess up.
Oprah Winfrey is a self-made, successful, intelligent and profoundly articulate woman who has dedicated her adult life to service and humanitarianism. She has the tackled civil and human rights issues and is a staunch advocate for education, the environment, the sciences, healthcare for all and has provided many with a chance for achievement and reaching their potential. She obviously surrounds herself with experienced and savvy people as everything she touches turns to gold. I have never heard of her claiming a bankruptcy or swindling anyone out of their savings or refusing to pay for serviced rendered. Comparing her to a POS like Trump is beyond ridiculous and why do you think she is not a "true American"? Weird thing to say.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 01-10-2018 at 11:19 AM..

Old 01-10-2018, 10:31 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,310,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Oprah Winfrey is a self made successful, intelligent and profoundly articulate woman who has dedicated her adult life to service and humanitarianism. She has the tackled civil and human rights issues and is a staunch advocate for education, the environment, the sciences, healthcare for all and has provided many with a chance for achievement and reaching their potential. She obviously surrounds herself with experienced and savvy people as everything she touches turns to gold. I have never heard of her claiming a bankruptcy or swindling anyone out of their savings or refusing to pay for serviced rendered. Comparing her to a POS like Trump is beyond ridiculous and why do you think she is not a "true American"? Weird thing to say.
That really is a strange thing to say. Could it be that Oprah isn't 'white enough' to be a true American in his or her eyes?

Great post, by the way. I wish I could give you a rep point for it but the system won't let me.

Old 01-10-2018, 10:40 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,124,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Liberals clearly are lost at sea!

The entire last two years liberals have been bashing Ttump for being a TV host and entertainment host.

But now Oprah needs to run according to liberals the entire narrative has changed! How funny!

But with running for the Presidency, Oprah may not have to show her tax returns but for sure she has to show what she owns and I don't see her being willing to show that a black female is the victim of inequality!
No one should be surprised about any of this. The "left" is the definition of hypocrisy.

Old 01-10-2018, 10:43 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
That really is a strange thing to say. Could it be that Oprah isn't 'white enough' to be a true American in his or her eyes?

Great post, by the way. I wish I could give you a rep point for it but the system won't let me.
Thanks...well I can give you one...

Old 01-10-2018, 11:06 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,739,641 times
There is something cold, fake and theatrical about her that I don't like. Basically a black Hillary
And she is about as qualified as Trump

Old 01-10-2018, 11:11 AM

2,008 posts, read 1,247,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
No.

No, you don't get to play this game.

Your partisan tribe was the one who opened the door to this lunacy. Against all common sense and reason the far-right voted for a nasty, bigoted, sleazy reality star in Trump - a slimebag who has paid neither his taxes nor his employees. You went all-in with a morally bankrupt con-man who said every stupid thing under the sun to win the presidency - and you believed it.

Not a fraction of the right-wing extremists who lick Trump's boots today would have trusted him before he ran as a sainted Republican with their retirement accounts, house for a weekend, or wife or daughter for a night. Hypocrites to the last, they cast aside the facts to support their tribe before their nation.

So, no, you do not get to complain now if Oprah or any other reality star runs - and wins. You voted for Trump -
you let this happen.

wow, Mr. Olbermann, I didn’t know you had a c-d account!

Old 01-10-2018, 11:14 AM

9,912 posts, read 9,586,016 times
No-prah!

That is all.

Old 01-10-2018, 11:24 AM

3,733 posts, read 5,964,681 times
Dementia Donnie thought he was on his "reality" show set during the meeting with Congress yesterday. He said he got great reviews! Now we know the world in which he lives, which of course, revolves around him. Cause he's a star. A huge star. Big, big star.

Old 01-10-2018, 11:25 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The thread is about Oprah. Stay on topic.

Also, many on the Left constantly criticize Trump for being over weight, yet if you mention Oprah's weight, you are sexist, insensitive, and racist. Oprah is obsessed with her weight yet can do nothing about it. Very weak in character.
Nah... I was merely pointing out that it's rich to hear someone who supports the lard ass in the WH calling out someone for their weight and using it as a reason they shouldn't run.

I can think of plenty of reasons that Oprah should not run, but weight is not one of them.

Likewise, I don't have an issue with Trump's weight. I think it's funny that he obsesses over it, but I really don't care about it either way. He's not President of Planet Fitness.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies