Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2018, 04:22 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,601,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Here we go....large home with pool on the lake!

Robin Leach should be over to interview you soon. Lol
You don’t have to be rich to afford that in Texas.

What would such a home 35 minutes from downtown Los Angeles or New York City cost?

In your sense of vanity, you think I was trying to show off when in reality I was pointing out the benefit of Texas. What do I want in a home? I want it relatively large, a big yard for a pool and such, to be ON the water and to be close to a major metro area in a warm climate. I can afford that lifestyle in Texas, while odds are that I couldn’t afford it in California.

You’re so busy trying to insult me that you can’t get the point.

Old 01-10-2018, 04:23 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,297,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
As far as I can deduce, the main reason that Conservative hate Liberals is because the foremost goal of Conservatives is to hold on to every possible penny of their money, and to keep on profiting. So they hate any projects, no matter how well-intentioned (e.g. education, health care, etc.) that they may be forced to pay into. They can't always say this directly, so it take other forms, such as spinning tales about welfare queens.

The second possibility, which I'm starting to consider, is that Liberals more often seem fact-based, and Conservatives aren't. For instance, for instance, Conservatives still like to promote a tax set-up that lets them hold onto money, claiming that it will trickle down to the less fortunate - even though that's been proven to be untrue. So perhaps they lash out angrily because they secretly know they're in the wrong.

That's interesting, your speaking of self-described liberal-haters. Perhaps that ties in to the tendency of Conservatives to use more violent rhetoric - and to their stated wish of eliminating the Democratic party permanently from power.
Wow. And you have no clue what you're talking about.

Liberals are "fact based?" LOL

I didn't know Antifa were conservatives (violent rhetoric)? Isn't the entire "risist" movement, that is fomenting so much violence against free speech a Leftist movement?

Old 01-10-2018, 04:33 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,882,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
The thing is at the end of the day they are still rich and they have a great deal to gain by ensuring the poor have a life of dignity. Countries that don't have social safety nets are nasty places to live. Why isn't private charity solving poverty in destitute third world nations? Ultimately its because private charity is not effective at ending poverty the state needs to step in. Even ancient societies had welfare programs for the poor.
You are putting the cart before the horse. Only wealthier societies can engage in mass redistribution actions be it private charities or public welfare.

Old 01-10-2018, 04:51 PM

18,453 posts, read 7,083,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Serious question. Why do conservatives hate liberals so much? SpaceX, for example, has saved the tax payers billions of dollars by presenting a much cheaper alternative to launch stuff into space than what NASA has been working with.

I bring this up because I have friends who drive tesla cars. They keep getting ICEd (internal combustion engine cars parking at charging stations). Why don't conservatives understand that electric cars need electricity just as much as gasoline cars need gasoline? Whenever this is brought up, almost always the conservatives who drive huge SUVs would come and say they hate liberals so they purposefully park at these charging stations. Why don't they understand that electric car people are just trying to get home just as much as everyone else? True story. I was driving my company Tahoe yesterday trying to get home when the low gas light turned on and I had to stop at a gas station to fill up. Had all the gas stations been filled up with electric cars, I would have been super annoyed. Worse, I could have been stuck on the highway while just simply trying to get home.

It's not just the charging stations. All over this forum, if you go through the threads, the disdain from conservatives for liberals is definitely noticeable. Why?

I have never met another liberals like myself that hate conservatives. I have met plenty of conservatives, though, that are self-described haters of liberals .

Am I the only one picking up a pattern here?

"Hate" is a strong word.......Or at least it used to be.

These days it's become so over used, it's kind of lost it's meaning.

And SpaceX isn't an example of Liberalism in action (regardless of the political beliefs of the company). It's pure Capitalism.

Same thing with Tesla.

If the market wants SpaceX and Tesla, there will be SpaceX and Tesla.

Nothing for Conservatives to hate about that.

Unless of course you demand that the government prop up these companies with my tax money when the market isn't supporting them.....

Then we have a problem..

Old 01-10-2018, 04:52 PM

4,944 posts, read 2,938,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
You are putting the cart before the horse. Only wealthier societies can engage in mass redistribution actions be it private charities or public welfare.
Why are they wealthy to begin with because they invest in everyone. There is a reason workers are more productive in first world countries because of things like universal education. Ultimately the conservatives are short sighted in there pursuit of tax cuts they forget about what the state does for society.

Old 01-10-2018, 04:56 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,557,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
Why are they wealthy to begin with because they invest in everyone. There is a reason workers are more productive in first world countries because of things like universal education. Ultimately the conservatives are short sighted in there pursuit of tax cuts they forget about what the state does for society.
They are wealthy because they have brought value for people and made a lot of people happy.

Nobody, even the drug dealers, can get rich if they can't make other people happy.

Old 01-10-2018, 04:57 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,557,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
"Hate" is a strong word.......Or at least it used to be.

These days it's become so over used, it's kind of lost it's meaning.

And SpaceX isn't an example of Liberalism in action (regardless of the political beliefs of the company). It's pure Capitalism.

Same thing with Tesla.

If the market wants SpaceX and Tesla, there will be SpaceX and Tesla.

Nothing for Conservatives to hate about that.

Unless of course you demand that the government prop up these companies with my tax money when the market isn't supporting them.....

Then we have a problem..
Hate is not a strong word when people want to murder you or actively support policies that would murder you for your legally obtained money.

Old 01-10-2018, 04:59 PM

30,251 posts, read 23,723,072 times
Quote:
Well, conservatives have always been about against anything other than oil. Drill baby drill. Remember? It's not that much of a leap in logic to assume that they hate the electric car and the further development of it.
In other words, you really aren't looking for an answer to your "question", you just wanted an opportunity to brag about your friends and bash on Conservatives.

Boring.

A Tesla has nothing to do with hate, and no, Conservatives are not "all in to only oil".

Old 01-10-2018, 05:00 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,183,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
You don’t have to be rich to afford that in Texas.

What would such a home 35 minutes from downtown Los Angeles or New York City cost?

In your sense of vanity, you think I was trying to show off when in reality I was pointing out the benefit of Texas. What do I want in a home? I want it relatively large, a big yard for a pool and such, to be ON the water and to be close to a major metro area in a warm climate. I can afford that lifestyle in Texas, while odds are that I couldn’t afford it in California.

You’re so busy trying to insult me that you can’t get the point.
It’s all good man. If you love your life, then that’s all that matters.

I’m just goofing off. It ain’t that serious.

Old 01-10-2018, 05:04 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,744,712 times
Quote:
It's not that much of a leap in logic to assume that they hate the electric car and the further development of it.
What are you going to drive if a solar flare hits the planet and wipes out our electronics?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies