Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2018, 05:34 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Most conservatives are miserable people, so they lash out liberals and minority groups because they live disappointingly sad existences.
And stereotype them as well?

Old 01-10-2018, 05:52 PM

6,855 posts, read 2,843,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
There are no conservatives purposefully parking in front of charging stations because they hate liberals.

That is a lie!
Can someone explain to me what the hell a charging station is? Because I'm seeing in my mind a place people are pulling over and charging their devices, which is something I can totally see someone coming up with and people going for. Do they have a drive through (NO! I am NOT spelling it 'thru', bite me.) $tarbuck$ at these places? If that's the case, I'm parking in front of one in an 18 wheeler. People be sipping their triple latte no foam machiatto half soy (etc) and be like "no she didn't!"

Also, what the hell is wrong with you people?

Old 01-10-2018, 05:53 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
If I bought one, I’d take it to track events like autocrosses.

My daily driver will most likely always be a truck.
Well, I guess you'd fit right in around here after all. Lot's of people loving trucks, and cars too, and many of them race (but not your kind of race ...stock car races). Lot of antique/classic car lovers around here too.

Old 01-10-2018, 05:57 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,364,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Serious question. Why do conservatives hate liberals so much?
Project much?

They don't. Why do liberals view everything through a lens of hate? Dare to disagree with anything a liberal says, no matter how trivial and the response is always the same "you hate XYZ!".

Old 01-10-2018, 05:59 PM

4,958 posts, read 2,234,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
The words “liberal” and “conservative” are becoming almost meaningless when it comes to actual policy, as the words mean different things to different people.

The words are basically just tribal identity markers at this point. Liberal means you live in a coastal city, shop at Whole Foods and drive a Prius; conservative means you live in a rural area, shop at Wal-Mart, and drive a Ford F-150. Other than that, the terms “liberal” and “conservative” mean nothing.
As has often been demonstrated, the masses embrace opposing party policies when they believe that their party supports them.

Old 01-10-2018, 06:02 PM

4,958 posts, read 2,234,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I'll raise you that both groups just pander and say whatever they think will get them elected, no matter their personal ideology.

If I hear that anyone aligns 100% with whatever group, I write them off mentally, they hold no interest to me.

I can no longer identify with either group, nor do I want to.
Soulmates.

It seems it's impossible to fathom for 80% of America that two persons can disagree and both be patriotic, respectful Americans.

Old 01-10-2018, 06:04 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
This working stiff with a 401k has seen wealth coming down to me at a rate faster than a trickle. O

Old 01-10-2018, 06:04 PM

956 posts, read 1,207,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Most conservatives are miserable people, so they lash out liberals and minority groups because they live disappointingly sad existences.
and they love to live in their own bubble.

It's not about blue states vs red states. Why are cities so liberal, why rural areas so conservative? If you look at where the money is being made it's in the cities, not the rural areas. Most rural areas are absolutely dead outside of those with oil fields.

Old 01-10-2018, 06:08 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
Why are they wealthy to begin with because they invest in everyone. There is a reason workers are more productive in first world countries because of things like universal education. Ultimately the conservatives are short sighted in there pursuit of tax cuts they forget about what the state does for society.
Fade. Scandinavians are poorer and have shorter lives than Scandinavian Americans. Chew on that fact.

The world is a much worse place due to the welfare states.

Old 01-10-2018, 06:50 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times
Any person in their right mind should be more concerned about providing for themselves and their family first.
This is the problem I have with conservatism its ultimately only about yourself or your family other people are not important and should not receive help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
Responses in red.
1. That you believe providing for one's family is a "conservative deal" makes you a fool
2. That you slam people who care about their responsibilities as being "ultimately for themselves" while at the very same time showing how you care more about yourself (#whataboutme, #metoo) makes you a hypocrite and a fool.
3. When did I say other people are not important and should not receive help

You automatically translate everything into extreme nonsense.

I can tolerate people who are misinformed, but I have little patience for people who are misinformed while making up their own version of what others are saying as if nobody in here can actually read for themselves.

Even though you're anonymous, you'd do well to have some self-respect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies