Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2018, 08:48 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentbow View Post
as pointed out in this thread, about the hate driven personal attacks. They won't even hear what was actually said, just to twist it with mental gymnastics, so they can justify lashing out with vitriol and personal attacks.

They lost the entire point. it is what this hate eventually leads to in history, not the hate exists, so let me prove it right here in their post, that's filled with hate.
people hear what they want to hear.

I asked "has" so people will slow down and think what all this hate eventually leads to.
Pick your battles wisely. Life is already too short.
I've read this a few times and it isn't clear to me. Can someone interpret. It's me -- you know what you are saying I just don't understand.
It seems you are saying that you brought up this question of asking about hate today to cause us to reflect on the past and see where hate took us in the past and therefore we then would hate less now? I'm not sure.

Last edited by moneill; 01-12-2018 at 08:58 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2018, 08:52 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
Well there was a war between the states. That's a lot of hatred. Really hurt the feeling of the north so much they burned the south. We are still superior to them though. Is that why some of you hate the south so much. You should just improve yourself instead of trying to destroy our statues.

Old 01-12-2018, 09:01 AM

23,985 posts, read 15,086,618 times
There was discord during the civil rights era, Viet Nam and the women's movement. And it was happening all at once. Leaders and children were being killed on live tv and college campuses.. One would have to recognize the hate that caused that.

But IMO, talk radio and the internet has given the haters next door permission to be just as mean as they can be.

My FIL said the same things the current POTUS says. But he had the good sense to keep it in his own house and family. And some of them would tell him how wrong he was. At the same time, he employed and promoted minorities. His payroll and benefits were fair and equal.

Old 01-12-2018, 09:03 AM

10,075 posts, read 7,544,097 times
it's still rather peaceful politically...

all the talk is just talk, people are too lazy to act on it, turn off the news and you would never know about the "hate" from politicians by walking around

Old 01-12-2018, 09:04 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLSFan View Post

all the talk is just talk, people are too lazy to act on it, turn off the news and you would never know about the "hate" from politicians by walking around
Yup lots of talk. You are right.

Old 01-12-2018, 09:16 AM

23,985 posts, read 15,086,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLSFan View Post

Or put many POC posters on ignore.

Old 01-12-2018, 09:22 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I've read this a few times and it isn't clear to me. Can someone interpret. It's me -- you know what you are saying I just don't understand.
It seems you are saying that you brought up this question of asking about hate today to cause us to reflect on the past and see where hate took us in the past and therefore we then would hate less now? I'm not sure.

They lost the entire point. It is what this hate eventually leads to in history, not that hate exists. So, let them prove it right here in their posts that are filled with hate, in this very thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies