Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2018, 05:12 PM

32,097 posts, read 34,702,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
The damn 5th Amendment!!!
The 5th Amendment wouldn't keep him from having to appear for testimony. It's something he would need to assert on a question by question basis. But Trump is innocent, so why would he need to take the Fifth?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2018, 05:17 PM

32,097 posts, read 34,702,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Trump is a mentally challenged doofus who didn't even want to win the election.... yet at the same time orchestrated a massive, clandestine conspiracy with Russia to win the election.
No tension between those two statements. He probably thought conspiring with Russians wouldn't be a big deal because they were going to lose anyway. That was the reason why Flynn agreed to accept money for a speech in Russia after being told it was a bad idea. They probably figured the FBI would have little interest in investigating a losing campaign.

Obviously, everything becomes magnified once you're POTUS.

Besides, I don't know why anyone would be skeptical of this theory when emails show Don, Jr. and Manafort met with Russian operatives for the ostensible purpose of obtaining "dirt" on Clinton. This was a meeting that supposedly never occurred at all until the emails came out.

Old 01-10-2018, 05:18 PM

26,563 posts, read 14,439,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I can see it now:
Mueller: did you say X
Trump: Nope, never
Mueller: watch this video of you saying X
Trump: did i say X? i don't know..... some people say i said X, some are good people but not all....maybe... but they say i said X. i don't know.

Old 01-10-2018, 05:19 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,909,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
The 5th Amendment wouldn't keep him from having to appear for testimony. It's something he would need to assert on a question by question basis. But Trump is innocent, so why would he need to take the Fifth?
Right - Trump feels similarly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qs6pxUwF5Iw

Old 01-10-2018, 05:21 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times
Quote:
I think in the end it comes down to Trumps lawyers freaking out. They KNOW he will perjure himself talking to mueller. The guy is just unable to tell the truth, he is our most dishonest president in history.

I can see it now:
Mueller: did you say X
Trump: Nope, never
Mueller: watch this video of you saying X
Trump: Well thats not what I meant

And thats how it would go over and over. Trump will lie about things that don't matter AT ALL. Heck the first question could be:
Was your crowd at your inauguration bigger then Obama's?

I can see it now.

Old 01-10-2018, 05:24 PM

3,329 posts, read 1,961,914 times
If Susan Rice won't testify, why should Trump?

Rice declines Senate request to testify on Russian hacking - CNNPolitics

Old 01-10-2018, 05:29 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,365,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enraeh View Post
Because one is a request by the congress, and the other is NOT a request, and by the department of justice.

You are attempting a false equivalency. And doing so poorly.

Old 01-10-2018, 05:29 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,768,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enraeh View Post
Because he’s under investigation.

Old 01-10-2018, 05:37 PM

25,442 posts, read 9,802,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Why would he have a meeting about Russian collusion when there was none... I would not give it a second of any worth... Mueller has run out of people to investigate and decides to stage a crime and hoping somebody messes up by talking... no thanks...
The more pressing question is, why wouldn't he? It's not like he's got anything else to do, and it would give us all a much needed twitter break. Never mind the fact that he's been saying for months that he WILL meet with Mueller.

Old 01-10-2018, 06:05 PM

3,329 posts, read 1,961,914 times
Quote:
Because one is a request by the congress, and the other is NOT a request, and by the department of justice.

You are attempting a false equivalency. And doing so poorly.
Maybe so but you know I have a point, otherwise you wouldn’t be so arrogant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies