Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2020, 10:17 PM

25,573 posts, read 17,286,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.W.Gurley View Post
t.......... What has he done besides appoint pence to head the virus task force. Put all responsibility on governors..............
#1 You really ought to learn how the federalist form of government works. Governors are not regional managers under a President. Governors make their own decisions. Like Oregon, when they refused to send National Guard troops to the Southern border. His decision.

#2. You know what to do, right? I mean, you stay inside, stay away from other people, maybe wear a mask, and wash your hands often. Do that, and you'll be safe. That's what Trump has done; he's trained you what to do. He'll save many thousands of lives, too.

Old 04-04-2020, 10:19 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Better than Obama. Can you imagine Obama handling this?
Trump hasn't done anything. He leaves it up to the governors who are pleading for help. Please give me Obama back anytime. You know that the Obama administration briefed Trump on a potential pandemic happening. Obama and his administration were on top of this. And what did Trump do, he disbanded the NSC pandemic unit. Way to go.

Old 04-04-2020, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Ok, fair enough. trump got mad because Biden said something mean about him. Poor donnie. Ok let’s move on. Biden is not President. trump is (I guess). So what has trump done about this coronavirus except daily briefings? I’m not talking about blaming China. Or blaming governors. Or blaming MSM.
Your side brought it up. If your side brings it up, I get to answer.

Do you now know to wash your hands often; did you do that before the virus came along; and who taught you to do that? ..... The Trump administration.

Old 04-04-2020, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Trump hasn't done anything. He leaves it up to the governors who are pleading for help.............
Your 7th grade Civics teacher called. She wants you to review how the federalist form of government works, and she wanted me to remind you that governors do not report to The President. They make their own decisions.

Old 04-04-2020, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Your 7th grade Civics teacher called. She wants you to review how the federalist form of government works, and she wanted me to remind you that governors do not report to The President. They make their own decisions.
This is a pandemic. We need leadership from our president so that all states are in sync. Some red states are holding out from a stay at home order until they get the word from Trump. And DeSantis held out until it was too late. Florida may be worse than New York now. Please don't try and insult me.

Old 04-04-2020, 10:41 PM

34,054 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
This is a pandemic. We need leadership from our president so that all states are in sync..
The POTUS can suggest, but cannot demand local regions do anything. That would require a martial law declaration, in which case a POTUS can assume powers that would make any sane person queasy, whether he voted for or against the POTUS.

There are many states even now with low rates of infected per capita. A one method handling of this would be insane.

I am 60 miles from the epicenter-NYC. Here restrictions are called for. Wyoming had no cases last time I looked. I would hope it is open for business.

Old 04-04-2020, 10:42 PM

34,054 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post

Old 04-04-2020, 10:46 PM

Quote:
You’re giving waaaaaaay too much credit to trump, LOL. trump told me to wash my hands? I’m guessing your being sarcastic, right?
Did you honestly expect Trump to personally give you the solution to the pandemic? You, personally?!
Word, please.

His administration has made sure you know what you need to know about the virus and how to protect yourself.

Do it, or get sick..... 'Sup to you.

Old 04-04-2020, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
The POTUS can suggest, but cannot demand local regions do anything. That would require a martial law declaration, in which case a POTUS can assume powers that would make any sane person queasy, whether he voted for or against the POTUS.

There are many states even now with low rates of infected per capita. A one method handling of this would be insane.

I am 60 miles from the epicenter-NYC. Here restrictions are called for. Wyoming had no cases last time I looked. I would hope it is open for business.
But Trump hasn't even suggested it. If he did these republican governors would do it. They are waiting for his call.

Old 04-04-2020, 10:47 PM

Quote:
PLEASE!!!! So during hurricanes and disasters like 9/11, the STATES should take care of themselves right? Why does the fed come in then?...............
Take it up with Hamilton.
States make their own laws. That's not true in China or Russia. Maybe that system is better for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies