Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2018, 05:10 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
If you bring down America, who benefits?

Does Britain benefit? Does France benefit? No. If you bring down America, you'll bring down Western Europe with us. And the main beneficiaries will be Russia and China.
The main beneficiaries could be Russia and China. It won't be the U.K. or France that brings this about but rather, China, Russia, India, Pakistan, Iran, etc.

Quote:
So while Britain may secretly wish to bring America down; Right now, they benefit from us, they need us.

And they aren't the only ones. Half the world's governments, and their leaders, depend on American economic and military power for their very existence. If you were to just delete America from the map, the whole world would be thrown into chaos.

Only America's enemies benefit from getting rid of the Federal Reserve.

Now, if you could promise me that by getting rid of the Federal Reserve, that it would end the practice of fiat currency systems altogether, I would support you. But you can't promise me that, because you even know that it won't happen.

There is nothing that can be done. It is an evil. But the alternative is even worse.
We create more enemies every year. Trump is cutting aid to Pakistan. My views on this would take many paragraphs but without corresponding actions, that will simply drive them closer to China and Russia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2018, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Banks make loans first. If it's a great loan to make and they don't have the funds, they get the funds.

This isn't theory, this is operation. And it is beyond Econ 101 or 909.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...land-austerity
The banks were crying that they did not have access to funds to make loans. It was all a lie. The money either sat in reserves or was put into the stock markets.

Old 01-11-2018, 05:19 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,206,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The main beneficiaries could be Russia and China. It won't be the U.K. or France that brings this about but rather, China, Russia, India, Pakistan, Iran, etc.

We create more enemies every year. Trump is cutting aid to Pakistan. My views on this would take many paragraphs but without corresponding actions, that will simply drive them closer to China and Russia.
I agree. But what does this have to do with the Federal Reserve?

Keep in mind, the United States doesn't want to dominate or subjugate other countries, we want to make them dependent on us.

And ultimately, we would like to more-or-less integrate ourselves with them. Like a corporate merger, combining our resources/markets. The issue, as with every merger, is how to keep the executives from both corporations happy.

If you can't find a deal to keep the vast-majority of the executives happy, there will be no merger. And some of the executives might start a new company, and try to poach your clients, and bring down your company, by whatever means available to them.

"To put it in a terminology that harkens back to the more brutal age of ancient empires, the three grand imperatives of imperial geostrategy are to prevent collusion and maintain security dependence among the vassals, to keep tributaries pliant and protected, and to keep the barbarians from coming together." - Zbigniew Brzezinski

Old 01-11-2018, 05:27 PM

Quote:
I agree. But what does this have to do with the Federal Reserve?

Keep in mind, the United States doesn't want to dominate or subjugate other countries, we want to make them dependent on us.

And ultimately, we would like to more-or-less integrate ourselves with them. Like a corporate merger, combining our resources/markets. The issue, as with every merger, is how to keep the executives from both corporations happy.

If you can't find a deal to keep the vast-majority of the executives happy, there will be no merger. And some of the executives might start a new company, and try to poach your clients, and bring down your company, by whatever means available to them.

"To put it in a terminology that harkens back to the more brutal age of ancient empires, the three grand imperatives of imperial geostrategy are to prevent collusion and maintain security dependence among the vassals, to keep tributaries pliant and protected, and to keep the barbarians from coming together." - Zbigniew Brzezinski
We would be far better off engaging in more mutual business ventures as opposed to more bombs but we are simply too greedy.

Old 01-11-2018, 05:44 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,587,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by man4857 View Post

And by the ways if you didn't know, Congress has the power to tax. Just have to suck it up or rewrite the Constitution then.
I'm working on trying to repeal the 16th Amendment.

Old 01-11-2018, 05:56 PM

Quote:
We would be far better off engaging in more mutual business ventures as opposed to more bombs but we are simply too greedy.
Well, we are mainly bombing the Middle-East right now. But our bombing is actually more of a last resort. We only bombed Syria, because we wanted to overthrow Assad, who is allied with Russia, by giving lots of money and weapons to anyone in Syria(or nearby) who wanted to shoot Assad.

It didn't quite work out, and the people we armed were suddenly a bigger threat to us than Assad, so we had to bomb them.

Also, we only cynically supported the rebels in the first place. We had funneled in money through our proxies in Saudi Arabia, because the Saudis are Sunnis, and they hoped to install a pro-Saudi Arabian government in Syria. But we don't actually care about Syria or the Saudis, except insofar as they are useful to us at this moment.

I mean, our two biggest "allies" in the Middle-East right now, are Israel and Saudi Arabia. Both are more-or-less theocratic governments, of basically polar-opposite religions.

It is a mess. But in any case, we would rather destroy the Middle-East than let Russia have it. It is pretty easy to destroy a country, if you have the money to give to those who want to destroy it.

Think about what could be done in America, if there were suddenly billions of dollars, and advanced weaponry, going to people in America, who want to destroy America.

Old 01-11-2018, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Well, we are mainly bombing the Middle-East right now. But our bombing is actually more of a last resort. We only bombed Syria, because we wanted to overthrow Assad, who is allied with Russia, by giving lots of money and weapons to anyone in Syria(or nearby) who wanted to shoot Assad.

It didn't quite work out, and the people we armed were suddenly a bigger threat to us than Assad, so we had to bomb them.

Also, we only cynically supported the rebels in the first place. We had funneled in money through our proxies in Saudi Arabia, because the Saudis are Sunnis, and they hoped to install a pro-Saudi Arabian government in Syria. But we don't actually care about Syria or the Saudis, except insofar as they are useful to us at this moment.

I mean, our two biggest "allies" in the Middle-East right now, are Israel and Saudi Arabia. Both are more-or-less theocratic governments, of basically polar-opposite religions.

It is a mess. But in any case, we would rather destroy the Middle-East than let Russia have it. It is pretty easy to destroy a country, if you have the money to give to those who want to destroy it.

Think about what could be done in America, if there were suddenly billions of dollars, and advanced weaponry, going to people in America, who want to destroy America.
I believe there is. We call them Generals.

Old 01-11-2018, 06:15 PM

Quote:
I believe there is. We call them Generals.
Rofl, well, maybe. But I think you know what I mean.

If Russia was arming "rebels" in America, like we arm "rebels" in other parts of the world, this country would go crazy.

Russia won't do it, mostly because they can't, or because they know we would know, and it would lead to a real war. So they try to destabilize this country covertly, mainly through propaganda. And we do the same.

And have been for a hundred years.

Old 01-11-2018, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Rofl, well, maybe. But I think you know what I mean.
Yes I do.

Quote:
If Russia was arming "rebels" in America, like we arm "rebels" in other parts of the world, this country would go crazy.
Absolutely. Look at our reaction when they got involved in Cuba.

Quote:
Russia won't do it, mostly because they can't, or because they know we would know, and it would lead to a real war. So they try to destabilize this country covertly, mainly through propaganda. And we do the same.

And have been for a hundred years.
No country will do it alone.

Old 01-11-2018, 08:27 PM

18,802 posts, read 8,467,936 times
Quote:
Sure. The question was simplistic as it did not ask how it would be replaced. How it would be replaced would be a complicated discussion.

Would Congress probably have done the same thing? Probably very similar. They would have thrown an extra bone or two to make sure they got re-elected but the entire system allows them to hide behind the Fed skirt.
No way. The people would never allow 'their taxpayer dollars' to be used in such a manner. What do we deplorables care about foreign banks anyway?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies