Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you agree with Trump's statement?
Yes 229 48.21%
No 246 51.79%
Voters: 475. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2018, 01:56 PM

16,910 posts, read 10,582,210 times

Advertisements

Can someone post an audio of him actually making this statement? Otherwise this is hundreds of pages of arguing over nothing.

Old 01-12-2018, 01:56 PM

25,939 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
The State Department has had to instruct its diplomats how to handle the Presidential Buffoon's latest comments.

The addlepate is destroying American prestige all over the world.

Putin must be drinking his Champagne and Xi Jinping, China's President, must be celebrating that such a dolt is running this country and creating a power vacuum around the world...Putin got his money's worth.

Trump
The truth often stings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
What a surprise!

Sh$thole countries are doing what sh$thole countries do.

How about fix your own countries so that your citizens wouldn't need to flee?
Excellent idea! We send tons of aid to these countries, most of which do not reach the people that the funds were intended for. We should not send money to countries that are crap holes unless they show evidence of improving living conditions for their poor so they aren't motivated to come to the US and suck the teat of public assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
Or until they figure out they need us. Let the Russians start threatening Europe again, and see how quickly they expect us to save them.
I hope if that happens that Trump puts a BIG price tag on that help, he talked of requiring countries to pay for the assistance. They all run their mouths and talk trash about us because Trump isn't kissing their butts like Obama did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
I would remind you that you may have a low opinion of theses countries, China does not and is investing heavily in Africa and other so-called "sh*thole" countries.

Why?

Maybe it is because of those resources that are in those countries.

Another reason why China is laughing at Trump.

Problem with you Trumpists, you can't see beyond the nose on your face. So, damn narrow minded you constantly miss the big picture.
Good let China take care of them as since they have nearly all of our industry now, they should be taking their turn. These countries have milked US taxpayers for decades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
China another sh$thole country where most rich people have already or in the process of immigrating to USA.
Yes, I'm wondering how many praising China have submitted their applications to relocate to China.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
LOL at Libs, Obama was on his knees to the world. They have no idea what a true leader even looks like.
Yes about Obama! He was on his knees to their backside while constantly be critically of those that were putting food on his table. He wanted to be "the world leader" and couldn't even lead his own country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Sometimes the truth is hard to accept, but it needs to be said. Many countries are s—tholes. If you don’t know that, go visit.
Yep! And, maybe those people need to work like we have to make them different. It has not been easy for our ancestors, our military and many others in building the country we have. Many have lost their lives in pursuit of what we have. Our country was founded on arriving and having public assistance carry one through, we worked and fought our way to what we have and other countries need to do likewise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
CNN? Yeah, anyone with a clue doesn't bother with them. No one cares how they react. They are owned by Time-Warner who lost over $800,000 when they bet it on Hillary Clinton winning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
We have blown our chance in Africa long ago. Those country's sucking the Chi-com tit will learn sooner or later the price they have to pay..................
We cannot carry the world on our financial shoulders anymore. We have our own homeless, to include families, people with disabilities of all sorts unserved, people going without basic healthcare (especially as clinics/hospitals close because of funding issues)..............................

I don't understand why we ever did business with China with all their human rights violations. It used to be we excluded countries that didn't give a darn about human rights. https://www.hrw.org/world-report/201...hina-and-tibet

I would think twice about praising the glory of China vs the US:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtNjWf029go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo6wspVVjAA

Old 01-12-2018, 01:58 PM

18,453 posts, read 7,081,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Comical.
Aaaaand again.

If the situation were reversed I'm sure you'd be crying for the past year about how Trump won the popular vote so it's soooooo unfair that he isn't president.

Old 01-12-2018, 02:03 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,169,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Aaaaand again.

If the situation were reversed I'm sure you'd be crying for the past year about how Trump won the popular vote so it's soooooo unfair that he isn't president.
Nah, especially since I didn’t vote for Hillary, either.

Keep your insecure projections to yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I didn’t vote for Hillary. Also, the irony of Trump’s statement doesn’t fit, because she didn’t benefit from the EC.

Another failed deflection from you.

Old 01-12-2018, 02:08 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,766,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Frankly if Trump said what people are saying then it doesn't surprise me. But what's funny is the thought that people think Obama, or any other venerated politician, has never said anything untoward, unsavory or questionable in a private conversation. I find that ridiculous on its face. The difference is we never hear about it.

I may not use the word sh*thole but the countries are not to US standards with regard to the poll.
Back during the days when what the public knew, was tightly controlled by ABC, CBS, and NBC, and by magazines like Time and Life, THIS is the sort of thing that was REALLY being said, by our "leaders" - (leaders the media fawned-over as if each were Jesus returned to Earth) :

Lyndon Johnson was always eager to let those around him know that he had an unusually large
(CENSORED by Gloria). Reviewing a biography of Johnson in the New York Review of Books, historian Marshall Frady noted:
"....if a colleague came into a Capitol bathroom as he was finishing at the urinal there, he would sometimes swing around still holding his member, which he liked to call “Jumbo,” hooting once, “Have you ever seen anything as big as this?,” and shaking it in almost a brandishing manner as he began discoursing about some pending legislation." (https://newrepublic.com/article/1311...-short-history)...."

And there's a long list of occasions when Lyndon said/demonstrated similar things, while in the course of conducting Presidential business.

Old 01-12-2018, 02:09 PM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
So,you're confused why people are leaving terrible nations to come to a better one? Come on, people - you can't possibly be that clueless!

Immigrants escaping "sh*thole countries" are the people who created America! Or, do you think they all traveled here because they wanted to struggle in a harsh wilderness, fight Native Americans, and starve to death in the winter? Good lord, the ignorance!

Nothing is new under the sun with the latest round of bigots who expect American's tolerance towards foreigners to extend just far enough to cover them and their ancestors, but not an inch more.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Know_Nothing

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow_Peril

"Somebody" needs to do "something" about all those Catholics, Irish, Germans, Italians, and Asians who are coming here and "ruining America!"

Are we done yet? Can we stop playing the right-wing fool and pretending that "MY ancestors came here because, uh... they loved America, yeah... but YOURS came here because their homeland sucks, so they must also suck!"
biggots my butt....no one cares about that, what we care about is, if you come to this country you follow the laws, become a citizen, and work....instead of taking....
do you know illegals who came here and became U.S. citizens feel the same way?

I guess you are confused about how they might feel?

Old 01-12-2018, 02:12 PM

25,554 posts, read 17,256,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Aaaaand again.

But it's not reversed, is it?
Here in the real world Trump is President of The United States. And he is taking issue with S-Hole countries who drive people out of their country and send them desperately looking for a home.

A merit based immigration system and border security would have cured the problem long ago. The Democrats could have done that, but did not. I honestly don't think they saw the problem. And that's pretty sad.

Old 01-12-2018, 02:19 PM

1,142 posts, read 1,640,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Do none of these GOP congress members have kids?? Grandkids?? Do they think it is OK for the sitting president to say ****hole? Do trump voters think it's OK for their kids to say ****hole? Just wondering.
According to FOX, yes this is okay because "normal" people talk like this. This comes to you by way of the "family values" crowd.

Old 01-12-2018, 02:22 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,310,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
pardon me for failing to notice that C-D filters butchered my link.

and sorry for triggering you
Yeah, I don't always catch the glitches that take place on c-d myself.

Apology accepted

Old 01-12-2018, 02:23 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,560,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luzette View Post
According to FOX, yes this is okay because "normal" people talk like this. This comes to you by way of the "family values" crowd.
OMG!!! Saying ****hole!!! Turn off your computer and hide the remote under the bed. The language and pictures being shown online is a travesty!!!. The shows on TV are downright scary!!! Especially after 10pm!!! OMG!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies