Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you agree with Trump's statement?
Yes 229 48.21%
No 246 51.79%
Voters: 475. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2018, 05:52 PM

19,764 posts, read 22,666,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
Those of you who are upset over Trump saying a "bad" word. For your reading pleasure I give you this: Political Profanity: Obama Among Presidents Who Swear - TIME

FDR, Johnson, Obama, VP Biden, Nixon, GWB, VP Cheney.....

As for it being a racist comment, it is far from it. He was talking about countries. It amazes me how people try to spin things for their agenda and to find a reason to get angry.
eh.. throwing the whole "why not people from Norway?" thing pretty much sealed the lid on his statement being race based, unless of course one is tone deaf to such matters.

Which is usually the case with RW now.

Old 01-12-2018, 05:56 PM

13,741 posts, read 7,999,139 times
They are ****hole countries and no doubt many in this country Dems included agree with Trump.

Old 01-12-2018, 06:05 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times
What I'm not surprised about is that we all KNEW Trump was racist I mean look/HEAR some of his past commits is that his base still supports him. As Trump said while he was campaigning that he could walk out and shoot someone and not lose support.

It's not a crime to be a racist that's his and whoever else chooses to be one as well, BUT Trump should have NO say in ANY immigration laws. Period.

Old 01-12-2018, 06:15 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Do none of these GOP congress members have kids?? Grandkids?? Do they think it is OK for the sitting president to say ****hole?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
People who think it is OK for the US president to refer to any country as a ****hole has no business raising kids. NONE!
It's not like he said it on national television during prime-time.

What Trump supposedly said is no different than LBJ referring to Vietnam as that "damn little ****-ant country."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpat View Post
Unless you are a native American then your ancestors also came from someplace else.
Native Americans came from someplace else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topman View Post
Rascism will always be apart of the fabric of this country.
Truth cannot be "racist."

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
It is debatable about how Trump won this election.
Next time, field a better candidate.

Old 01-12-2018, 06:20 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,208,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baconpolse View Post
I just wanted to say that there also exist norwegians here that you wish never will set their fot on american soil.

We also have immigrants, even from those so called ****holes. Our capital actually has people with background from every corner of the world.

-Thank you

Yes, Oslo is being enriched by immigrants.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_Norway#Oslo

You must not be a native Norwegian, since nearly all Norwegians are fluent English speakers.

Old 01-12-2018, 06:21 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
From the article the OP posted:
So how is that racist again?
If it was racist then Asia would have been left out.
Being a racist does not mean that you harbor racial animus toward all people other than those of your own race or ethnicity. I'm surprised that I would have to explain that.

Old 01-12-2018, 06:21 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
There are those who say "Trump only said that to troll the liberals". .
There are "some people" that say a lot of untrue chit. Usually they are Trump hating Liberals.

Out of 350 million people there are always some people who will say anything.

Old 01-12-2018, 06:22 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,436,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Well do you want immigrants from Yemen and Syria? Do you want to look over your shoulder for the guy holding a homemade bomb? I know I don’t. The president really should not curse like that but I support his sentiments here. Why should we let in immigrants from war torn countries that are full of people who are incompatible with our culture? We don’t want them to bring thier problems here.
"American greed" has caused problems on every inch of the Earth.

"American greed" has stopped American influence from being a force in resolving problems on every inch of the Earth.

It s quite possible that American greed helped create these " war torn" countries.

Typical abuser. ...blame the victim.

Current POTUS is unfit to be the leader of America.
Any politician that backs him or pats him on the back should be forced to resign.

Old 01-12-2018, 06:25 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,436,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
what difference would it make?
the ones who made the claim were NOT in the room during that meeting.
False

Old 01-12-2018, 06:25 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,314,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
eh.. throwing the whole "why not people from Norway?" thing pretty much sealed the lid on his statement being race based, unless of course one is tone deaf to such matters.

Which is usually the case with RW now.
So is saying "I would rather live with the people in Beverly Hills than the people in Compton" a race-based comment? Or saying that you would rather live in any middle-class white suburb over an impoverished black neighborhood?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies