Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you agree with Trump's statement?
Yes 229 48.21%
No 246 51.79%
Voters: 475. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2018, 08:47 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Thanks for the spell check, need more coffee...
Now, are the countries you looked at dictatorships or fiefdoms? Do they support civil liberties, treat all as equals or do their best to do so? At the most basic level, are they somewhere an average person from a developed country would want to live in or, are they a place where those same people would run as fast as they can to escape from. From what I've seen/read it's the latter.
There are 54 countries in Africa, if you are truly curious abou their form of government you are welcome to research that, but even if you do I'm not sure you would be able to draw any correlation between form of government and educational achievement.

Old 01-16-2018, 08:49 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
There are 54 countries in Africa, if you are truly curious abou their form of government you are welcome to research that, but even if you do I'm not sure you would be able to draw any correlation between form of government and educational achievement.
Educational achievement of some of the population alone does not determine a Shi#hole designation but you know that...

Old 01-16-2018, 08:53 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
I wonder how many of those who voted "no" on the poll have ever been to,researched, or really know anything at all about the countries that were spoken about, my guess is very few. Or, was their vote just based on emotion,heard mentality or just plain hate for Trump.

I couldn't vote because there's no choice for "I really don't give a damn about such small ball issues that mean nothing in the long run".

And before the usual suspects jump on this statement yes, with some variation you could wonder the same about yes votes but it means little given the obvious tone/point of the poll...
^^^^ This, as most of the country.

Old 01-16-2018, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
He didn't lie, in fact he has asked for the tapes of the meeting. Why are you still pursuing this? Cotton and Perdue are now trying to claim that he said "$hithouse" not "$hithole" which is rather bizarre because they are both equally foul things to use when talking about a nation or a continent.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...=.cb28f387b62a

Old 01-16-2018, 08:58 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,074,171 times
Quote:
Holy crap. He used it as a "bargaining chip". What a slimeball because he couldn't get what he wanted.

Is this how our government is going to be run ?

Old 01-16-2018, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Educational achievement of some of the population alone does not determine a Shi#hole designation but you know that...
My source provided data on the segment of Africa that emigrated to the US. It did not reflect anything about the entire population of Africa because that is irrelevant. Your argument is devolving to "yeah but what about..." and that's not really conducive to a discussion.

Old 01-16-2018, 09:01 AM

Quote:
He didn't lie, in fact he has asked for the tapes of the meeting. Why are you still pursuing this? Cotton and Perdue are now trying to claim that he said "$hithouse" not "$hithole" which is rather bizarre because they are both equally foul things to use when talking about a nation or a continent.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...=.cb28f387b62a
You realize you linked an opinion piece and not a news story right? Was that intentional or.....

Old 01-16-2018, 09:03 AM

Quote:
My source provided data on the segment of Africa that emigrated to the US. It did not reflect anything about the entire population of Africa because that is irrelevant. Your argument is devolving to "yeah but what about..." and that's not really conducive to a discussion.
In other words you can't answer so blah blah blah. Got it!

Old 01-16-2018, 09:26 AM

Quote:
In other words you can't answer so blah blah blah. Got it!
No, what I mean is that I am not going to do demographic and political research on 54 African nations for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

Old 01-16-2018, 09:43 AM

3,429 posts, read 2,733,461 times
Quote:
This is an extremely misleading headline - to the point of being nothing but blatantly partisan rubbish. What the articles actually says is:

"When asked about the comments he tipped his hand and practically admitted that he used the ‘S***hole’ accusation as a bargaining chip in the DACA negotiations."

So this is just the biased perspective of an opinion piece that is clearly intended to muddy the waters as completely as possible. People skimming over the news will have the impression that Durbin admitted to lying, or was caught in a lie, and now, according to the article, Durbin's motive is clear: He wanted to use the comment as a "bargaining chip" on DOCA. Thanks to confirmation bias, a significant percentage of the population will not question this perspective, and within a week it will, in the minds of many, solidify into the unquestionable truth of what happened. It is all meant to sound "newsy" but it's nothing more than an embarrassingly obvious effort to simply confuse people as much as possible.

This has become a standard tactic: If the president says something stupid or is caught in a flat-out lie, then do everything possible to confuse the general public so that his supporters can grasp at some tiny shred of dignity - just enough to pretend that Trump isn't a national and international embarrassment.

If there are any actual recordings of the meeting, then I bet we will never hear them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies