Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you agree with Trump's statement?
Yes 229 48.21%
No 246 51.79%
Voters: 475. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2018, 09:37 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,555,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Girl View Post
By Norwegian standards the US is a ****hole. They're not interested in lowering their standard of living to come here.
Right, that’s why millions of Americans are immigrating there ... wait, it’s reverse.

Old 01-11-2018, 09:38 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,941,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I feel very sorry for parents tonight trying to explain 'current events.' Mommy--what is a ****** country?
"Well honey, any country where the people decide to make poopoos into their drinking water."

Old 01-11-2018, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I feel very sorry for parents tonight trying to explain 'current events.' Mommy--what is a ****** country?

I am also wondering if the 94% who agree with Trump have any issues with certain 'poorer' states being referred to as ******* states? Tell it like it is?
Are you moving there?

Old 01-11-2018, 09:39 PM

15,064 posts, read 6,167,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kajo13 View Post
I was a bit torn about those, especially Guyana, but the percentages were high enough to include imho.
It’s fine to include them as majority non-white nations but they are not black countries.

They are multi-ethnic and should be recognized as such.

Old 01-11-2018, 09:41 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Majority of those on welfare from Haiti? or Majority of those from Haiti on welfare?
46% of those from Haiti are on some type of welfare.

"Of households headed by Haitian immigrants 46 percent use at least one major welfare program. For households headed by native-born Americans it is 20 percent"

"Our best estimate is that there are 75,000 to 125,000 illegal Haitian immigrants in the country. In 2000, the INS estimated there were 76,000 illegal Haitian immigrants."
"When it extended Temporary Protected Status to Haitians, the Department of Homeland Security estimated 100,000 to 200,000 people could be eligible. While most are illegal immigrants, this estimate also includes those on temporary visas such as tourists, foreign students, and guest workers who will not have to go home."

https://cis.org/Fact-Sheet/Fact-Shee...-United-States
Thanks for the link -- I don't know why you wouldn't provide it with your original statement.

I appreciate the numbers. I wonder what the stats are for 2017. And what our federal govt. stats are. The organization you cited isn't known for its love of immigrants. In fact it is anti - immigrant. Not saying the numbers are wrong but well it's like Don Lemon reporting on Wolfe's book. Not a fair representation for sure.

Old 01-11-2018, 09:42 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,109,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post

I'm actually starting to feel sorry for you. And I've been holding back in order to keep the forum decorum, in the face of repeated insults. I gave you a shot.

To sum up the situation:

You are apparently a "smart person" who has no will to make coherent or detailed arguments other than to invoke repeated ad-hominem fallacies. Yet, in your last post (above) your only argument is that I invoked a logical fallacy? And yet, you make the accusation while including yet another ad hominem in your sentence?

You get the crown for hypocrisy, though I think you are too "smart" to get why that is and so I think you merely get the crown for supreme irony.

If you would like, enlighten us with my specific logical fallacy. Please include the reference in latin. We'll wait. I'll hold off on listing your fallacies.
How about the fallacy of composition that you've repeatedly invoked? Or your anecdotal evidence? Since those two pieces were most of your argument, there was no need to actually engage with you.

I'm ok with ad hominems but mine are always with a bigger argument. You can cry about it, or you suck it up and deal with the actual arguments there.

Old 01-11-2018, 09:42 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,781,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Right, that’s why millions of Americans are immigrating there ... wait, it’s reverse.
Ok, then what countries should we allow immigrants from?

Old 01-11-2018, 09:43 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Keep it up, you're being ridiculous. This has nothing to do with race or skin color but not wanting more poor, unskilled and uneducated people in our country has nothing to do with racism. It's you and your ilk that are keeping racism alive by attacking Americans who only want the best for our country.
BS, this has everything to do with race and you know it does.

"Sub-Saharan immigrants have much higher educational attainment compared to the overall foreign- and native-born populations. In 2015, 39 percent of sub-Saharan Africans (ages 25 and over) had a bachelor’s degree or higher, compared to 29 percent of the total foreign-born population and 31 percent of the U.S.-born population. Nigerians and South Africans were the most highly educated, with 57 percent holding at least a bachelor’s degree, followed by Kenyans (44 percent), Ghanaians (40 percent), Liberians (32 percent), and Ethiopians (29 percent). Meanwhile, Somalis had the lowest educational attainment of all sub-Saharan Africans, with 11 percent having graduated from a four-year college.

Sub-Saharan Africans participated in the labor force at a higher rate than the overall immigrant and U.S.-born populations. In 2015, about 75 percent of sub-Saharan immigrants (ages 16 and over) were in the civilian labor force, compared to 66 percent and 62 percent of the overall foreign- and native-born populations, respectively.

Compared to the total foreign-born population, sub-Saharan Africans were much more likely to be employed in management, business, science, and arts occupations (38 percent) and much less likely to be employed in natural resources, construction, and maintenance occupations (3 percent; see Figure 5). The occupational distribution by origin group follows the pattern of educational attainment: South African (62 percent) and Nigerian (53 percent) immigrants were the most likely to be in management positions, while 37 percent of Somali immigrants worked in production, transportation, and material moving occupations. "

https://www.migrationpolicy.org/arti...nal_Attainment

The orange clown just doesn't realize that there are educated professionals in those $hithole countries, maybe he should turn off Fox and get out once in a while so he can figure out things like that huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
Ok, then what countries should we allow immigrants from?
None. Merit based only.

4,204 posts, read 2,340,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I think we all know what he meant.
If you hear the racist dog whistle... you are the racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies