Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you agree with Trump's statement?
Yes 229 48.21%
No 246 51.79%
Voters: 475. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2018, 12:59 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
The State Department has had to instruct its diplomats how to handle the Presidential Buffoon's latest comments.

The addlepate is destroying American prestige all over the world.

Putin must be drinking his Champagne and Xi Jinping, China's President, must be celebrating that such a dolt is running this country and creating a power vacuum around the world...Putin got his money's worth.

Trump
What a surprise!

Sh$thole countries are doing what sh$thole countries do.

How about fix your own countries so that your citizens wouldn't need to flee?

Old 01-12-2018, 01:01 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,455,464 times
Trump's base is eating it up. This is what keeps them in his corner. The racist -in-chief propped up by bonefide racists.

Last edited by SoloforLife; 01-12-2018 at 01:01 PM.. Reason: add apostrophe

Old 01-12-2018, 01:01 PM

15,844 posts, read 14,479,382 times
Or until they figure out they need us. Let the Russians start threatening Europe again, and see how quickly they expect us to save them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
A racist ignoramus can not be the leader of the free world. He has done irreparable harm to the image and prestige of our Country that will not be repaired until he is GONE!

Old 01-12-2018, 01:04 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
But what if countries like Haiti **ARE** sh*tholes?

It's nice to have a President who tells it like it is at last. Trump was a construction guy from New York, that's the way many of them talk. And we knew that when we voted for him.

And in this case, they speak the truth.

Yet the Trump-haters continually feign "surprise" and "outrage", as they do every time Trump acts like Trump.

Haiti has had more natural disasters, it seems, per person that almost every other nation on earth. That's not their fault. The destructions and death tolls have been horrible.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...sters_in_Haiti

Thy also get massive aid, before and after. The United States is the principal benefactor, and we don't begrudge them a penny. (Where are the other countries who criticize the US for being "heartless" or "stingy"? How much are they contributing to help out?)

Parts of Haiti get rebuilt, sometimes, after each disaster. But much of the island remains poor, broken-down, disease-ridden, even years or decades afterward, despite the massive aid from countries like the U.S.

Yes, it's very tough, after the disasters they have had. But do they have something better to do than rebuild and help themselves, in the years following the latest disaster (such as the earthquake of 2010), especially with the massive aid?

Haiti is, in fact, a sh*thole. President Trump was speaking no more than the truth. Crudely, but appropriately. The Haitians are struggling to live, but not so much to rebuild. They seem to want no more than more alms from countries like America, to stave off the disease, homelessness and starvation that never seem to recede in much of the land, even years later.

There's a name for countries like that. What's wrong with the President telling the truth and naming it?
That it is rude, uncouth, and generally in very poor taste?

That it shows no humility and appreciation for the obvious benefits we in the US have as a country that has so much more than an underprivileged country?

Why should he be saying stuff like that?

I mean, if he wants to discuss the merits and/or disadvantages of allowing too many people from impoverished countries to enter the US, that's fine. But, saying such hateful things is unbecoming for a President of the US to anyone who has any idea what the words "diplomacy" and "social grace" mean and why they are important.

Is it okay for the Mayor of Tumbleweed, USA (pick a random, rural town) to stand up in front of the entire population and announce that the local trailer park is a real ****hole and that he doesn't want to allow people who live there to use the public library?

Because, I betcha that would sting those folks who aren't so financially well off.

And, it's hateful.

Even if the rest of the town feels that way.

Old 01-12-2018, 01:05 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,400,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
What a surprise!

Sh$thole countries are doing what sh$thole countries do.

How about fix your own countries so that your citizens wouldn't need to flee?
I would remind you that you may have a low opinion of theses countries, China does not and is investing heavily in Africa and other so-called "sh*thole" countries.

Why?

Maybe it is because of those resources that are in those countries.

Another reason why China is laughing at Trump.

Problem with you Trumpists, you can't see beyond the nose on your face. So, damn narrow minded you constantly miss the big picture.

Old 01-12-2018, 01:06 PM

2,283 posts, read 3,936,788 times
President Trump is wrong. Haiti and El Salvador are not ****hole countries. The citizens of those two countries who reside in the US under TPS should return home immediately.

Old 01-12-2018, 01:06 PM

2,768 posts, read 1,583,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Doesn't seem that way ! The racists on here are out and proud.

I'd like to know what countries they or their ancestors come from. Mine are from Italy and Ireland and we were the lowest of the low at one time. I don't feel superior to people from anywhere. They're here for a better life just like my ancestors.
Your ancestors did not immigrate to the US to go on the dole.

Old 01-12-2018, 01:07 PM

12,199 posts, read 7,225,101 times
Talk about a hyperbolic article from likely a Leftist press organization. Get a few quotes from Trump haters and all of a sudden, it’s “the world.”

I am sure most of the world have bigger concerns (like surviving) than worrying about Trump’s (alleged) comments like the Leftists with lots of free time on their hands are.

Old 01-12-2018, 01:09 PM

3,841 posts, read 1,979,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
He won by winning the majority of electoral votes. How is that debatable?
My guess, Russia

Old 01-12-2018, 01:09 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
I would remind you that you may have a low opinion of theses countries, China does not and is investing heavily in Africa and other so-called "sh*thole" countries.

Why?

Maybe it is because of those resources that are in those countries.

Another reason why China is laughing at Trump.

Problem with you Trumpists, you can't see beyond the nose on your face. So, damn narrow minded you constantly miss the big picture.
China another sh$thole country where most rich people have already or in the process of immigrating to USA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies