Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you agree with Trump's statement?
Yes 229 48.21%
No 246 51.79%
Voters: 475. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2018, 03:49 PM

42,839 posts, read 26,236,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
Eight hours ago Trump tweeted that DACA is probably dead.
That article is from June 2017, I think all it says is that he was not, at that time, taking any action to terminate the program

Old 01-14-2018, 03:54 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,222,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I said none of that. I said this. If people are so concerned about immigrants being on welfare, it is mainly Americans on welfare.
Immigrants are disproportionately likely to use welfare vs natural born American citizens. https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...port/71517072/

Were you not aware of this? Or are you just confused by the difference between raw quantities and rate?

Its okay to be ignorant. I just hope you weren't being disingenuous. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Old 01-14-2018, 03:55 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,900,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
It’s this, exactly. Once again, the GOP proves to be the party of liars and those with no moral fiber.
Other than the trump base, everyone with a brain sees through the GOP lies. They will pay in 2018, at least those in the GOP aren't quitting before the election.

Old 01-14-2018, 03:59 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,640,522 times
Sen. Durbin is a snitch. That's the bottom line. Why would anyone respect a snitch.

A snitch will provide information to a third party in order to obtain lenient treatment for themselves and provide information in return for favor or in this case to divert attention away from the issue which was rejected having not met the objects outlined in advance to succeed.

Rush to a meeting with a disingenuous proposal reach in hours that has seen years go by without agreement. Why ?

Up steps the snitch Sen. Durbin who pilfers the information and presents it, which is helpful, only if the reason is to prevent agreement or it steers the conversation away from the issue.

The snitch is not the innocent person. He has no real proof of what was said and never will.
He could be lying or embellishing what was said to gain something.

He broke the rules of private conversations and meetings. He isn't trust worthy.
The rat snitched and the snitch ratted. He acted in the interest of no one but himself and his party. The DACA people are not helped and the public isn't helped. If ever there is evidence of a person or party not serious in representing the DACA people it is the actions of a Dick Durban.

Crooks as well as honest people have no use for a snitch period.

Old 01-14-2018, 04:09 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,697,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Sen. Durbin is a snitch. That's the bottom line. Why would anyone respect a snitch.

A snitch will provide information to a third party in order to obtain lenient treatment for themselves and provide information in return for favor or in this case to divert attention away from the issue which was rejected having not met the objects outlined in advance to succeed.

Rush to a meeting with a disingenuous proposal reach in hours that has seen years go by without agreement. Why ?

Up steps the snitch Sen. Durbin who pilfers the information and presents it, which is helpful, only if the reason is to prevent agreement or it steers the conversation away from the issue.

The snitch is not the innocent person. He has no real proof of what was said and never will.
He could be lying or embellishing what was said to gain something.

He broke the rules of private conversations and meetings. He isn't trust worthy.
The rat snitched and the snitch ratted. He acted in the interest of no one but himself and his party. The DACA people are not helped and the public isn't helped. If ever there is evidence of a person or party not serious in representing the DACA people it is the actions of a Dick Durban.

Crooks as well as honest people have no use for a snitch period.
So, you are agreeing that trump used the term, that durbin is telling the truth about it, and you are blaming him for it. Excellent!

Old 01-14-2018, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajo13 View Post
Research Shows Shortage of More than 100,000 Doctors by 2030

https://news.aamc.org/medical-educat...hysician-shor/

CPA executives concerned about hiring shortage

https://www.accountingtoday.com/news...iring-shortage

Need data on engineers and biologists?
I would like some more information about the shortage of accountants because you have to be a member to read that source. This is all that I can read on that page: "Business executives who are also CPAs cited the scarcity of skilled personnel as their top concern, according to a new survey by the American Institute of CPAs". If there is a shortage and I'm not sure there is, I don't think immigrants will fill that niche, the reciprocity exam IQEX is not a substitute for a CPA. Accounting work below the CPA level has been largely offshored by large companies with foreign contractors doing AP and AR work.

Regarding STEM careers, it doesn't seem to be clear whether we have a shortage or a surplus:
https://www.bls.gov/opub/mlr/2015/ar...es-and-yes.htm

You're right we need more doctors, but that could be at least partially resolved by changing educational requirements to those adopted in Great Britain where students go directly from high school to Medical school without having to complete a 4 year degree first.

Old 01-14-2018, 04:10 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,222,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
It does apply to illegal aliens, that's not in question. Congress can change that but I don't think there has ever been a serious effort on their part to do so. Here's a good discussion of the subject from a source that I doubt you will try to discredit, The Federalist:

Defining 'American': Birthright Citizenship And The 14th Amendment
It absolutely does NOT apply to illegal aliens. What would be the purpose of such a provision? Its daft.

If it applied to illegals, it would apply to any kind of invaders, like a military occupying force, enemy combatants, etc. That's a ridiculous interpretation.

Where in the plain language could anyone possibly conclude that an illegal alien is in the same class of persons as a citizen or lawful permanent resident, being "subject to the jurisdiction thereof"?

And, if it just applied to everyone, which is your contention apparently, then the qualifier "and subject to the jurisdiction thereof" would be wholly superfluous.

Why do you extend zero credibility to the actual author of the Amendment? Where is your greater authority than the man that actually wrote and debated the text in the first place?

Old 01-14-2018, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
It absolutely does NOT apply to illegal aliens. What would be the purpose of such a provision? Its daft.
If it applied to illegals, it would apply to any kind of invaders, like a military occupying force, enemy combatants, etc. That's a ridiculous interpretation.
Where in the plain language could anyone possibly conclude that an illegal alien is in the same class of persons as a citizen or lawful permanent resident, being "subject to the jurisdiction thereof"?
And, if it just applied to everyone, which is your contention apparently, then the qualifier "and subject to the jurisdiction thereof" would be wholly superfluous.
Why do you extend zero credibility to the actual author of the Amendment? Where is your greater authority than the man that actually wrote and debated the text in the first place?
It's unfortunate that you responded without reading the article I linked in the Federalist.

Old 01-14-2018, 04:15 PM

1,323 posts, read 588,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I would like some more information about the shortage of accountants because you have to be a member to read that source. This is all that I can read on that page: "Business executives who are also CPAs cited the scarcity of skilled personnel as their top concern, according to a new survey by the American Institute of CPAs". If there is a shortage and I'm not sure there is, I don't think immigrants will fill that niche, the reciprocity exam IQEX is not a substitute for a CPA. Accounting work below the CPA level has been largely offshored by large companies with foreign contractors doing AP and AR work.
Try this source - I just vetted the first paragraph, however.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/as-regu...age-1488812401

And this is a brief on the study above with a link to it.

https://www.career.org/news/addressi...nts-in-america

Old 01-14-2018, 04:16 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,746,538 times
More FAKE CNN News.....Trump did not say sh**hole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies