Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2018, 02:23 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,020,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
I would love to.

I have an English friend that finalized the adoption of her second son last year, she is white and her adoptive sons are black. I've talked to her often about adopting. She did it out of foster care.

I also have other friends, a white couple, who adopted a black boy and a Chinese girl.

My cousin is a Native American adopted by my dad's sister. She had a bio son and adopted a second son from Bulgaria.

Two friends are sisters from Columbia adopted by an Italian family.

My grandma was a foster mom to a girl that grew up to become my aunt.

And YOU? Yeah, that's what I thought.

Stop making asinine assumptions trying to look *cool*.
But how many have YOU opened your home up to?

Old 01-12-2018, 02:25 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Sorry, but I’m still not following. How does an unwanted pregnancy turn into a good situation just because you are in a relationship with a good man?
Which situation is MORE likely for women abort?

When they are happily married to a good man who is happy to become a dad?

Or when they just had sex from a one night stand they beer goggled?

And which dad is more likely to stay in the picture and be supportive?

The good man who loves you, or the beer goggled one night stand?

Choices. They can be a b-tch.

Old 01-12-2018, 02:25 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times
Quote:
One issue that I have never understood when this topic is discussed is that most do not want to discuss the reasons WHY women choose to have abortions and try to solve those reasons.
I had an abortion because I wasn't ready to have a kid. Simple enough for you? Any more than that is none of your business to know.

Quote:
Why is that? If you don't want to stop all abortions, don't you want to stop SOME? Or do you want to encourage women to have more?

Wouldn't you rather women took more control of their lives in choosing better partners, waiting to have sex if they are unsure or if the guy is a jerk, and having the self respect to understand their own worth that they deserve a GOOD man?
So much hubris, thinking you know anything about anyone else's life, their emotional state, their financial state, the state of their relationships, the hardships they may be facing, the support or lack of support they have. So many, many things that you have no understanding of, but feel you are qualified to judge their self-worth and the value of their decisions. Who made any of this any of your business?

Quote:
I have such a hard time understanding the mentality that absolutely refuses to see this and instead clamors for more and more abortions. It makes no sense. It's like using two buckets instead of one when bailing out a boat instead of plugging the hole itself.
Yeah, that's obvious. I would rather see less abortions, but in order to accomplish that we need really good, mandatory sex ed in every grammar school and free contraceptives for everyone, bar none. If you truly want to see less abortions you would be advocating for that instead of demeaning women who don't live up to your self-serving standards.

Old 01-12-2018, 02:26 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
But how many have YOU opened your home up to?
All of them.

And YOU????

Or do you prefer to kill them all before they are born so no messy counters, towels on the floor, up late past bedtime, etc.

Yeah, I get it. You love abortions. And hate children. You've made it clear.

Moving on now.

Old 01-12-2018, 02:39 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,038,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Actually it's not a "religion-based argument"... it's just true.

Can you tell me where the human spirit comes from? And where it goes when we physically die?
Brain activity ceases when people die. The "human spirit" is brain activity.

Old 01-12-2018, 02:41 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
The man walking away is bad if not worse. I agree with you on the man part.

The woman's life is ruined. The baby's life is over.

The woman has a right to run her life. She chooses to have sex and possibly ruin her life. She chooses to end the baby's life because she made a bad choice with her sex life.

The woman has a right to smoke and ruin her life. She chooses a path that increases the possibility of ending the baby's life because she made a bad choice with the cigarettes.

The baby pays the price either way.
So, all the men should immediately stop having sex with women who have not sworn to bear their children, I guess?

Smoking while pregnant, should a woman be desiring a baby, is bad for the baby and for the woman carrying it.

Smoking while pregnant, should a woman desire an abortion, is really irrelevant to all but the woman's health.

What's abortion got to do with the harmful effects of cigarette smoking?

Old 01-12-2018, 02:41 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
One issue that I have never understood when this topic is discussed is that most do not want to discuss the reasons WHY women choose to have abortions and try to solve those reasons.

Never.
I addressed that.

Quote:
Why is that? If you don't want to stop all abortions, don't you want to stop SOME? Or do you want to encourage women to have more?

Wouldn't you rather women took more control of their lives in choosing better partners, waiting to have sex if they are unsure or if the guy is a jerk, and having the self respect to understand their own worth that they deserve a GOOD man?

I have such a hard time understanding the mentality that absolutely refuses to see this and instead clamors for more and more abortions. It makes no sense. It's like using two buckets instead of one when bailing out a boat instead of plugging the hole itself.
How about a lack of health care? Affordable day care? Affordable continuing education?

You didn't mention any of that. Nobody encourages women to get involved with lousy partners.

Old 01-12-2018, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Which situation is MORE likely for women abort?

When they are happily married to a good man who is happy to become a dad?

Or when they just had sex from a one night stand they beer goggled?

And which dad is more likely to stay in the picture and be supportive?

The good man who loves you, or the beer goggled one night stand?

Choices. They can be a b-tch.
If it is an unwanted pregnancy, it doesn’t matter if the pregnancy resulted from a LTR or a one night stand. Not every man wants to be a father right now. That doesn’t make him a bad guy though. Just as not every man who would want his wife to have the baby is a good man. Life is not as simple as you make it out to be.

Old 01-12-2018, 02:57 PM

15,861 posts, read 21,438,888 times
Quote:
No, actually I don’t see where you are going with this.

Only bad people have unwanted pregnancies? Birth control somehow knows the type of person you are, and only fails if your a bad person?

Real life is not some Disney fantasy cartoon. Good people, who try to do the right thing, and are in loving supportive relationships also find themselves in sucky situations sometimes. It has nothing to do with self respect or your sense of responsibility.
I am 30 years old. If I married my boyfriend TOMORROW, we still wouldn't want to get pregnant. If I got pregnant, even if we were married, abortion would still be on the table for a multitude of reasons. We're both well educated professionals with a master's and a JD/MBA respectively.

And **** happens. I was told it was unlikely that I could get pregnant following chemo, though I stayed on birth control taken at the same time every day as prescribed. 2 years out of chemo, I found myself unexpectedly pregnant against all odds. My oncologist was the one who suggested going to Planned Parenthood because I could get in faster than at the hospital. It would not have been safe for me to carry a pregnancy, and I did all that I could to prevent it. No method is 100% besides abstinence, and that's unrealistic.

This idea that the only people who have abortions are low income losers who make bad decisions is laughable. And even if it were true, is that who you'd want having kids? Probably not.

Old 01-12-2018, 03:02 PM

Quote:
All of them.

And YOU????

Or do you prefer to kill them all before they are born so no messy counters, towels on the floor, up late past bedtime, etc.

Yeah, I get it. You love abortions. And hate children. You've made it clear.

Moving on now.
You have all the foster children living with you?? All 400,000+ kids? That’s impressive

I’m not the one saying abortion should be illegal and that all babies born from unwanted pregnancies should go into the foster system, so how many children I have or have not adopted is not really relevant to your argument.

Being pro-choice does not mean I love abortions, or hate children. Personally, I would never have an abortion, unless it was a matter of life and death. But, just because I wouldn’t want something doesn’t mean I think other woman should not have that option. That’s why it’s called being pro choice. I would choose not to have one, but I respect that other women might want to choose differently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies