Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2018, 12:12 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,012,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
This is 2018, people. Couples choose to have sex, knowing that [gasp!] the woman could become pregnant, and they choose to have unprotected sex, when birth control is available.
And what is this available birth control that is 100% effective?

And don’t say abstinence. People have never had sex just to procreate. That’s not changing.

Old 01-12-2018, 12:14 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,626,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidlo View Post
Only a woman has the right to terminate a pregnancy.

3 lives at stake. I am pretty sure if the fetus had a say in this we might sometimes have majority in favor of not terminating a pregnancy.
If I was the fetus I would vote NO to being born to the hate filled, insane world, while wondering how long before nuclear war destroys the earth.

Old 01-12-2018, 12:14 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,733,896 times
Oh good grief. I worked with a woman yrs ago and she was pregnant with 2nd child and I believe she had asthma as well, but heard after she gave birth the baby has asthma. Where are people's brains...up their >>>>>>>>>>>>

Old 01-12-2018, 12:15 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,178,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post

There are over 400,000 children in foster care, you really think we need to add to that number? It’s great if you and your wife want to adopt, but what’s wrong with all those thousands of children currently wanting to be adopted?
Those in fostor care are not eligible for adoption. They are placed in fostor care while the courts try and reunite them with their families.

Old 01-12-2018, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Or don't get pregnant.

This is 2018, people. Couples choose to have sex, knowing that [gasp!] the woman could become pregnant, and they choose to have unprotected sex, when birth control is available.

IOW, except in the relatively few rape cases...there are plenty of choices before that one.
I wonder how high the percentage of people who do that also want all abortion banned?

Old 01-12-2018, 12:28 PM

36,499 posts, read 30,837,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Those in fostor care are not eligible for adoption. They are placed in fostor care while the courts try and reunite them with their families.
You might want to look that up. I posted the number earlier of kids available for adoption that are in foster care now. Over 100,000. Not all kids in foster care get reunited with parents and many probably should not.

Old 01-12-2018, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
This is why the forced-birth crowd has no leg to stand on. They love the embryos and the fetuses so much they cry for them, but they loathe the children who require support and government resources once they're here.

The path from love and compassion to dispassionate heartlessness lies through the birth canal.
So shamefully true! Such people would oppose any law that allows a woman to turn over her just born baby to any responsible party without any questions asked. The point of the law is to discourage women from leaving their newborns in dumpsters and other undesirable places. Pro life people would oppose such a law because such women would not be charged with child abandonment. Such a law is sure better than the shock of finding a dead baby and a woman charged with murder.

Old 01-12-2018, 12:34 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,938,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
So now you are going to tell me what my point was, why am I not surprised.
you stated: If women went back to believing that life mattered, Roe v Wade wouldn't be an issue.

It's about teaching women that babies matter. Then abortion wouldn't be an issue.

Morals.
and I pointed out what going back was. The same issues including abortion existed in the "back" and therefore going back would not change anything.
I wont apologize for your lack of understanding. No where did I say because something was done in such and such time make it ok to do it now.

Right, right. I just need to ask a man.
Well yes, that was your exact post. It was done then so that means it's OK now.

Ask a man? Yes. Examples:

1. Ask any man that's had his kids taken away during a divorce. Women hold. all. the. cards.

2. Ask any man that has had to wait when the women he is dating is holding off on having sex until they know each other better.

3. If a woman wants to trap a man, she goes off BC.
How do men trap women? Impregate them against their will? That 's rape. No can do.

4. Who says no to sex? Women.

It's amazing to me how blind people are when it comes to this issue.

And how DUMB women have become. Seriously.

If women stopped obsessing about how important they think abortion is, they would probably have better relationships. Because they would make better choices.

But better outcomes aren't worth crap right? A healthy relationship, happy marriage and loved kids -- which are ALL The results of CHOOSING WISELY -- don't matter to people like you.

CUZ I just GOTS to get me mah abortion. THAT's all that matters.

Old 01-12-2018, 12:35 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,178,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
You might want to look that up. I posted the number earlier of kids available for adoption that are in foster care now. Over 100,000. Not all kids in foster care get reunited with parents and many probably should not.
I didn't say they all get reunited. The number used earlier that I replied to was 400,000. I do not have to look up anything.

Old 01-12-2018, 12:40 PM

5,294 posts, read 5,237,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigby06 View Post
I am Pro Life, I believe that there are enough families that want a child and can't have one, like my wife and myself that abortion should be illegal; that baby should be put up for adoption; But at this point in time it is not.

And getting enough people together to overturn Roe vs. Wade, good luck with that.
Why then are there any children in foster care if this is true?

Simple truth is it's not...

And it is a fetus until it can support ltself outside of the womb...currently a baby is born after 4-5 months, there is no chance it can survive...so I'm fine w/ allowing abortion up thru the 2nd trimester...I am not for allowing it in the 3rd trimester unless the life of the mother is threatened by it...so that gives a woman 5 months to decide whether or not she wants to abort the fetus or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies