Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2018, 12:51 PM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I didn't say they all get reunited. The number used earlier that I replied to was 400,000. I do not have to look up anything.
Right you said: Those in fostor care are not eligible for adoption. They are placed in fostor care while the courts try and reunite them with their families.
But they are. Of the 400,000 in foster care 107 something thousand are eligible FOR ADOPTION.

Old 01-12-2018, 12:56 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,654,132 times
No one would even be discussing this subject if science could transplant the embryo into the man who got the woman pregnant.

I wonder how he'd like pregnancy for nine months out of his life, losing his job, not being able to return to work because he couldn't find child care, and raising a child on his own until around age 18 or whatever the legal age is. He'd probably end up on welfare and medicaid with people screeching at him to stop being lazy, go out and get a job, any job.

Old 01-12-2018, 12:57 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,009,172 times
Quote:
I didn't say they all get reunited. The number used earlier that I replied to was 400,000. I do not have to look up anything.
I never said all were eligible for adoption, but that we don’t need to add to those numbers. There are thousands of children available for adoption, so for this who want abortion to be illegal so they can adopt, what is wrong with all the children currently waiting to be adopted?

Old 01-12-2018, 12:58 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
No one would even be discussing this subject if science could transplant the embryo into the man who got the woman pregnant.
Why is that? As already noted, there are many women who are pro-life.

Quote:
I wonder how he'd like pregnancy for nine months out of his life, losing his job, not being able to return to work because he couldn't find child care, and raising a child on his own until around age 18 or whatever the legal age is. He'd probably end up on welfare and medicaid with people screeching at him to stop being lazy, go out and get a job, any job.
I addressed this early on.

Old 01-12-2018, 01:01 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
I never said all were eligible for adoption, but that we don’t need to add to those numbers. There are thousands of children available for adoption, so for this who want abortion to be illegal so they can adopt, what is wrong with all the children currently waiting to be adopted?
Most are older. As in teens. Do I wish people would adopt them also? I do. For many though, the fostor parents are no different than an adopted parent. There are many kids that went through the system that while not formally adopted are members of the family that cared for them.

Old 01-12-2018, 01:06 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post

You assume all men are worthless lazy slobs?

Do you know any good men? Good fathers and husbands? Men who want to be a parent?

If women only dealt with good men, only had sex with GOOD men, chose wisely, had self respect and a sense of responsibility ... see where I am going with this?

Women hold all the cards. Some play them well. Some play them horribly.

Old 01-12-2018, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Well yes, that was your exact post. It was done then so that means it's OK now.

Ask a man? Yes. Examples:

1. Ask any man that's had his kids taken away during a divorce. Women hold. all. the. cards.
Women have never had their kids taken away?

Quote:
2. Ask any man that has had to wait when the women he is dating is holding off on having sex until they know each other better.
Men never want to wait to have sex?

Quote:
3. If a woman wants to trap a man, she goes off BC.
How do men trap women? Impregate them against their will? That 's rape. No can do.
How is either situation much different? If a man secretly takes off the condom during sex, he is still going against his partner’s wishes. And no, it’s not always considered rape. In either situation, the best thing to do is not have sex with untrustworthy people.

Quote:
4. Who says no to sex? Women.
Men never say no to sex?

Old 01-12-2018, 01:12 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,034,747 times
Quote:
You assume all men are worthless lazy slobs?

Do you know any good men? Good fathers and husbands? Men who want to be a parent?

If women only dealt with good men, only had sex with GOOD men, chose wisely, had self respect and a sense of responsibility ... see where I am going with this?

Women hold all the cards. Some play them well. Some play them horribly.
And GOOD people can still sometimes make mistakes, either using birth control incorrectly or not using it at all, and terminate a pregnancy. Making a decision YOU NEWTOVENICE, RANDOM INTERNET POSTER, doesn't like, doesn't make it a horribly played card.

Old 01-12-2018, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Most are older. As in teens. Do I wish people would adopt them also? I do. For many though, the fostor parents are no different than an adopted parent. There are many kids that went through the system that while not formally adopted are members of the family that cared for them.
The average age is 8, so no most children waiting to be adopted are not teenagers.

And it’s nice to think that those teens who age out have a family that cares for them, but that’s not often the case. About 21,000 kids age out of foster care each year. 25% don’t have a high school diploma, and only about 6% of those who age out go on to get a college degree.

Other statistics for those who age out of foster care:
  • 40% have spent some time homeless
  • 33% did not have enough food at some point in the previous year
  • 60% of males had been convicted of a crime
  • only 48% were employed, of those wages were less than half of their similarly aged peers
  • 75% of women and 33% of men received government benefits
  • 50% had been involved in substance use

https://www.adoptioncouncil.org/families/foster-care

Old 01-12-2018, 01:31 PM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Well yes, that was your exact post. It was done then so that means it's OK now.

I cant help you there dear. Be willfully ignorant if you must.
Quote:
Ask a man? Yes. Examples:

1. Ask any man that's had his kids taken away during a divorce. Women hold. all. the. cards.

2. Ask any man that has had to wait when the women he is dating is holding off on having sex until they know each other better.

3. If a woman wants to trap a man, she goes off BC.
How do men trap women? Impregate them against their will? That 's rape. No can do.

4. Who says no to sex? Women.

It's amazing to me how blind people are when it comes to this issue.

And how DUMB women have become. Seriously.

If women stopped obsessing about how important they think abortion is, they would probably have better relationships. Because they would make better choices.

But better outcomes aren't worth crap right? A healthy relationship, happy marriage and loved kids -- which are ALL The results of CHOOSING WISELY -- don't matter to people like you.

CUZ I just GOTS to get me mah abortion. THAT's all that matters.
1. the courts
2. But shouldn't all women hold off sex until after marriage and until they are ready to have a child. You know because sex can cause pregnancy. So why is a good man wanting sex before marriage.

3. So what is a good man then. A good man would not ask or pressure a woman for premarital sex.

4. See # 2 and 3.

Yeah, I dont see how wanting control of your own medical issues and reproduction has anything to do with the quality of an intimate relationship. Having reproductive choices allows women to make better choices.
Do explain to us what is a good man and what makes a healthy relationship and happy marriage and loved kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies