Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2018, 07:04 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times

Advertisements

I saw the other cigarette question thread and thought this was an equally curious question.

Smoking cigarettes while pregnant is obviously harmful to the baby...
  • Lower the amount of oxygen available to you and your growing baby
  • Increase your baby's heart rate
  • Increase the chances of miscarriage and stillbirth
  • Increase the risk that your baby is born prematurely and/or born with low birth weight
  • Increase your baby's risk of developing respiratory (lung) problems
  • Increases risks of birth defects
  • Increases risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome

With regards to the baby, the result from abortion is the result you are trying to avoid with smoking. Why is abortion OK?

Old 01-11-2018, 08:03 PM

21,132 posts, read 19,707,707 times
Because mothers can arbitrarily decide whether their unborn child is human or not.

Libs don’t believe in “established science”.

Old 01-11-2018, 08:14 PM

26,654 posts, read 28,682,916 times
Because if the woman is going to give birth to the baby, it could be harmed by the smoking.

Because a woman has the right to choose how to run her own life. The man gets to walk away most of the time. And that leaves the woman on her own to try to earn enough to support a child. It often ruins her life. Maybe men should be forced to pay up if they get someone pregnant. But since it's the woman's life that gets ruined, she is the one who is allowed to make the choice to end the pregnancy in its early stages.

That's why.

Old 01-11-2018, 08:17 PM

21,132 posts, read 19,707,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Because if the woman is going to give birth to the baby, it could be harmed by the smoking.

Because a woman has the right to choose how to run her own life. The man gets to walk away most of the time. And that leaves the woman on her own to try to earn enough to support a child. It often ruins her life. Maybe men should be forced to pay up if they get someone pregnant. But since it's the woman's life that gets ruined, she is the one who is allowed to make the choice to end the pregnancy in its early stages.

That's why.
Maybe?

Old 01-11-2018, 08:22 PM

1,257 posts, read 2,653,820 times
Quote:

That's why.
Only a woman has the right to terminate a pregnancy.

3 lives at stake. I am pretty sure if the fetus had a say in this we might sometimes have majority in favor of not terminating a pregnancy.

Old 01-11-2018, 08:24 PM

Quote:

That's why.
The man walking away is bad if not worse. I agree with you on the man part.

The woman's life is ruined. The baby's life is over.

The woman has a right to run her life. She chooses to have sex and possibly ruin her life. She chooses to end the baby's life because she made a bad choice with her sex life.

The woman has a right to smoke and ruin her life. She chooses a path that increases the possibility of ending the baby's life because she made a bad choice with the cigarettes.

The baby pays the price either way.

Old 01-11-2018, 08:32 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Why is smoking cigarettes while pregnant bad, and abortion is OK?
Those are questions to ask yourself when you're pregnant.

The decision in both cases is yours.

Old 01-11-2018, 11:15 PM

1,645 posts, read 1,213,943 times
Quote:

That's why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidlo View Post
Only a woman has the right to terminate a pregnancy.

3 lives at stake. I am pretty sure if the fetus had a say in this we might sometimes have majority in favor of not terminating a pregnancy.

Agree with both of you; but here is something that is interesting, any time a couple want a child when a woman gets pregnant; they are having a baby.

And any time a couple don't want a baby, that same baby now becomes a fetus. Funny how it all comes down to weather that child will be wanted or not.

But ultimately it come down too; it is a woman's body, and her right to choose, even when I disagree with that choice.

Old 01-11-2018, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigby06 View Post
Agree with both of you; but here is something that is interesting, any time a couple want a child when a woman gets pregnant; they are having a baby.

And any time a couple don't want a baby, that same baby now becomes a fetus. Funny how it all comes down to weather that child will be wanted or not.

But ultimately it come down too; it is a woman's body, and her right to choose, even when I disagree with that choice.
All I know is, when that being has its own heartbeat and its own circulatory system (which occurs around 24-28 days after conception), it's a life... and there must be a concerted effort to stop that heartbeat and snuff out that life.

Old 01-11-2018, 11:27 PM

1,645 posts, read 1,213,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
All I know is, when that being has its own heartbeat and its own circulatory system (which occurs around 24-28 days after conception), it's a life... and there must be a concerted effort to stop that heartbeat and snuff out that life.

I am Pro Life, I believe that there are enough families that want a child and can't have one, like my wife and myself that abortion should be illegal; that baby should be put up for adoption; But at this point in time it is not.

And getting enough people together to overturn Roe vs. Wade, good luck with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies