Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2018, 12:43 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
Yeah, that's the one where I knew it was a complete fabrication as well.
Of course. I know a few dozen ranchers on the border, in the San Pedro Valley, and in the Sulpher Springs Valley here in Southern Arizona’s Cochise County where I live. Illegals move stealthily through the area because it’s SWARMING with Border Patrols. On top of that, many of the farmers and border ranchers will shoot ANY illegals they see on the property, and the Coyotes know this quite well. The illegals almost always move at night and keep their heads down during the day. In more than 20 years down here, I’ve only seen two sightings of ACTUAL illegal immigrant activity...once outside of Tombstone and the other on HWY 90 along a fence line where they were waiting for a car to pick them up. The whole episode took about 5 seconds flat to run out of the fence line and jump in the waiting car.

They don’t knock on doors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2018, 12:51 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yeah, for you.

Now I KNOW that you’re totally ignorant about Mexico.

Mexico should legalize drugs and tell the US to get bent.

Watching movies again, I see.

Banged on your door demanding food? Please. It NEVER happened! No matter how hungry the illegals get or how short on supplies they are, they NEVER knock on resident doors asking for anything. They know better.

I knew you’d slip up somewhere in your story. I’ve been DIRECTLY on this border for more than 2 decades. It never happens.

You can drive thru Tamaulipas just fine and have little to no problems. Only place I’d worry about in that state is NL, and there are a bazillion Americans in NL all the time that are completely unmolested. The bad neighborhoods are easily avoidable.

Otherwise, Tamaulipas is perfectly fine.
I lived 30 miles from the border in New Mexico. That was back in 2000. It was so bad back then that when I got hired by BNSF out of the Havre subdivision I couldn’t leave fast enough.

And yeah, they would bang on my door demanding handouts. Just because it didn’t happen you means it doesn’t happen elsewhere.

Old 01-12-2018, 12:52 PM

10,443 posts, read 4,030,967 times
There are parts in the US that most innocent people would be wise to avoid.

Old 01-12-2018, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I lived 30 miles from the border in New Mexico. That was back in 2000. It was so bad back then that when I got hired by BNSF out of the Havre subdivision I couldn’t leave fast enough.

And yeah, they would bang on my door demanding handouts. Just because it didn’t happen you means it doesn’t happen elsewhere.
Where in New Mexico?

Old 01-12-2018, 06:44 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Quote:
Where in New Mexico?
Deming.

Old 01-13-2018, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Deming.
Meh...Deming ain’t that bad.

Old 01-14-2018, 06:29 AM

26,469 posts, read 15,053,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
This is simply American propaganda because of the number of Americans flocking to Mexico to escape the outrageous cost of living.

Mexico vs US Cities - How Safe Is Mexico

It makes me wonder if Trump's Wall is to keep Americans in rather than keep Mexicans out.
American propaganda?

We constantly hear how the US' murder rate is so high, well Mexico's murder rate is nearly 4 times higher and in some years more than 5 times higher.

If the US murder rate is too high and shameful then WTF is a murder rate 4 times higher?

Yes, the US has rough places too - in fact 4 of the top 50 world cities in terms of murder rate, but Mexico with a much smaller population has double (8) and worse cities than the US in terms of murder rate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...by_murder_rate

Don't be so PC that you lie.

Quote:
I’m driving down to San Carlos, Guaymas in the beginning of April. That’s about 5 hours down from the border, but since Sonora isn’t a state on the list, I ain’t sweating it....I drive there a lot to vacation on the dirt cheap because it’s like having Cabo or Acapulco within driving distance at half the price of those resorts. Hell, I’d still go anyway. It ain’t like the cartels are looking for me. Sure, something unintended could happen even if I ain’t the one being targeted, but there’s probably a much bigger chance that I could get shot in a mass shooting right here in the US!

Mexico isn’t nearly as bad as people make it out to be if you’re not involved in any subterfuge. Tens of thousands of Americans retire there comfortably with little fear of crime... and everyone knows they have money so they’re an easy target. Yet, they rarely have any problems and love living there.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.256533a3067f
That is true, but in a typical year, Mexico has a murder rate 4 times higher than the US. We can't hold the position that the US murder rate is too high and Mexico's isn't.

Sure, much of Mexico is fairly safe.

Conversely, much of Chicago is safe, despite areas of extreme crime.

Detroit and Flint make up about 9% of Michigan's population, but in a typical year between 55 and 65% of the murders. The vast majority of counties in Michigan have a lower murder rate than Canada.

Quote:
The state of Chihuahua is very safe though despite Juarez. The city of Chihuahua itself is actually quite lovely and very quiet for the most part.
I won't disagree. We know people in Juarez, who at least use to just go home and lock the door and keep the blinds shut.

Quote:
All of Mexico should be a no go zone. Now that is a shythole of a country.
A bit harsh.

Old 01-14-2018, 06:33 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,900,681 times
Quote:
No I am talking about the crimes illegal Mexicans did to my property.

I would never live in an armpit country like Mexico.
People with that attitude would not be welcome here. Adios!

Old 01-14-2018, 06:38 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,524,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
But the murderers can come here and be ”sanctuaried” by the libs.

Don't worry because according to the president Mexico only sends those kinds of people over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies