Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Donald Trump a racist?
Yes 259 55.34%
No 209 44.66%
Voters: 468. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2018, 11:42 PM

1,949 posts, read 3,862,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
I’d say he’s pretty racist. I don’t know if he’d attend a KKK rally but I’m sure he’d take one of their flyers.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/gop-rep-m...025009444.html
Yes, and his racist and racist-leaning base loves him for it.

Old 01-11-2018, 11:47 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,668,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wambatown81 View Post
People are tribalistic by nature, and nearly everybody is at least a little bit racist in some form. We gradually realize that the races are not all the same, that they are not interchangable, and that people tend to self segregate into different enclaves where people share more similarities. This is what happens when diversity is force fed down our throats.
Having prejudices is not the same as being a racist. Everyone has prejudices. But being racist is taking those prejudices and actively using them to hate others merely because they are “others.” The whole idea of racism is the simplistic belief that your genes make you a better person than others. It’s like the lazy man’s elitism.

Old 01-11-2018, 11:52 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,568,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
He hasn't said anything now I haven't been hearing for years and years...only I've heard the word "armpit" used to describe those countries as well as "s**thole". Just saying. This area went solidly for Trump in '16. I guess being considered mon-PC or called a racist doesn't frighten people around here.

And not renting to minorities isn't new...I've known many property owners over the years who always found reasons not to rent to blacks. One of them is an attorney I worked for. I'm not saying it's right, it's just a reality.

And don't libs call the Appalachians and fly-over country the same thing?

So other racists also not renting to blacks makes Trump not a racist?

And your ending sentence is ridiculous!

Last edited by Harpaint; 01-12-2018 at 12:41 AM..

Old 01-12-2018, 12:44 AM

1,071 posts, read 1,287,440 times
I wouldn't say "racist" is the FIRST thing that comes to mind with Trump. It is comingled with:
  1. Sociopathic, toxically narcissistic, pathologically lying, opportunistic, con-artist. So, if Trump thinks an ethnic minority can serve some useful purpose for him, then "Hail, fellow" well met. If not, then he easily resorts to you just being "one of those sh*thole minorities".
  2. Sliding into mental decline and dementia. Which lessens his awareness about when and where he can say idiotic, offensive things and not get much blowback. (Most Americans AREN'T Trumpcultists that will dismiss the nose on his face if it serves them nor complicit tribal Congress members who will pretend ["la la la la"] they didn't hear what the majority of normal people hear.)

So, Trump racism is where those things intermingle which they are tending to do more and more. Plus, there is good indication he comes by it familially (along with the dementia). Daddy Fred was arrested at a KKK rally back in the day, a precursor to the racial discrimination in their buildings per later court judgments.

Iconic American folk singer, Woody Guthrie, reportedly wrote a song mentioning the elder Trump for that distinction.
Quote:
More than a half century ago the folk-singer, Woody Guthrie, signed a lease in an apartment complex in Brooklyn. He soon had bitter words for his landlord Donald J. Trump's father, Fred C. Trump.

Mr. Guthrie, in writings uncovered by a scholar working on a book, invoked "Old Man Trump" while suggesting that blacks were unwelcome as tenants in the Trump apartment complex near Coney Island.

"He thought Trump stirs up racial hate and implicitly profits from it," the scholar, Will Kaufman, a professor of American literature and culture at the University of Central Lancashire in Britain, said in an interview."
Gosh, that sounds VERY familial- uh, familiar.

Quote:
I suppose
Old Man Trump knows
Just how much
Racial Hate
he stirred up
In the bloodpot of human hearts
When he drawed
That color line
Trump supporters will range from pleased as punch about all this to the kool-aid drinkers who will do their usual weak DEFENSES and flimsy DENY, DENY, DENIALS. The latter not because he isn't racist, but because they don't want to give credit to ANY non-Trumpers for knowing who he actually is. Their Big Daddy. Imperfect? Can't be.

https://www.nytimes.com/politics/fir...trumps-father/

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/m...t-with-the-kkk

Donald Trump's mother asked: 'What kind of son have I created?' | The Independent

Old 01-12-2018, 12:48 AM

1,949 posts, read 3,862,151 times
So let's look at the running Trump tally:
Mexicans - "rapists"
Haiti and Africa - "****holes"
Women - "nasty" and "disgusting"
Sen Warren - "Pocahontas"
Pres Obama - said he was not born in the USA
Muslims - ban them
KKK and Alt-Right - "very fine people"

See a pattern here?

Old 01-12-2018, 02:30 AM

56,989 posts, read 35,168,788 times
Don’t know and don’t care.

I know that many racists seem to think that he is, and that makes them think that they can be looser with the tongue as if the old rules have changed.

They haven’t changed though, and they should be careful not to let Trump make them think that they can write checks with their mouths that their posteriors can’t cash.

Old 01-12-2018, 02:43 AM

3,046 posts, read 2,382,038 times
Look at Trump's white supremacists friends and allies. Look at his past behavior towards minorities. Look at all the numerous things he's said about minorities since becoming president. Look at his defense of white supremacists at charlottesville. It would take only half a brain at most to figure out that he's a racist. Why deny what is more or less a fact?

Old 01-12-2018, 02:49 AM

10 posts, read 5,025 times
A racist would find it impossible to work and associate with that "other race".

Old 01-12-2018, 02:52 AM

10 posts, read 5,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
Look at Trump's white supremacists friends and allies. Look at his past behavior towards minorities. Look at all the numerous things he's said about minorities since becoming president. Look at his defense of white supremacists at charlottesville. It would take only half a brain at most to figure out that he's a racist. Why deny what is more or less a fact?
Highly doubt a racist would continue associating with his daughter after she married a minority. Nor would a racist hire minorities to work for him.

Old 01-12-2018, 02:55 AM

56,989 posts, read 35,168,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydayss View Post
Highly doubt a racist would continue associating with his daughter after she married a minority. Nor would a racist hire minorities to work for him.
His daughter married a white guy! Lol...what are you talking about?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.