Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2018, 11:33 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,737,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by candalf View Post
A national leader should represent the best of the nation they are leading. Trump represents the absolute worst of America.
So, now you are calling me "the absolute worst of America"? It was bad enough for Hillary to label us "deplorables", but now you've taken it to an even lower level.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2018, 12:04 PM

716 posts, read 393,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
I'm not ashamed of America. I'm just embarrassed by our President.
I would agree if his base recognized their error in voting for a racist pathological liar, but they still love him more than ever.

It's sad, but I am ashamed and embarrassed to be an American right now. You have to remember that Trump is just a symptom, not the cause...

Old 01-12-2018, 12:13 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,605,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd-bound View Post
I would agree if his base recognized their error in voting for a racist pathological liar, but they still love him more than ever.

It's sad, but I am ashamed and embarrassed to be an American right now. You have to remember that Trump is just a symptom, not the cause...
Some of you need to understand it wasn’t the “base” that got Trump elected, it was Independents. I agree with Democrats on some issues such as universal healthcare, but I also believe we need stronger border security and a merit based immigration system. When it comes to immigration the dems are just too out of touch with what most Americans want.

Old 01-12-2018, 12:14 PM

39,868 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by candalf View Post
A national leader should represent the best of the nation they are leading. Trump represents the absolute worst of America. Are there parents who see the likes of Trump, lustful, stupid and bullying, as the role models for their sons?

I am deeply ashamed of today's America- no sane person can be proud of it in its present state. I am not ashamed of being an American, though, because a decisive majority of Americans did not vote for this ignoramus and the despicable characters that surround him. We fell victim to an archaic and undemocratic system of elections and that is the one reason I am not disgusted with my American citizenship. I take comfort in knowing that Most of my fellow citizens are better than this.

I think there is still hope for this country but it will not shine until the dark underbelly, known as "Trump's base", is denounced on every street and in every corner, denounced loudly and clearly. Every child in every school must be taught how this ignorant and hateful movement came about and what the fallacies in its thinking are. That must be taught like we teach basic English or Math. I know it will happen and that knowledge keeps me inspired. Germany did it, Italy did it, Spain did it and so shall we.

Let all of us who still remember the words "decency", "humanity" and "knowledge" do everything within our ability to peacefully un-elect all members of Trump's party and place it in the trash bin of history where it duly belongs! If we don't do it, then who will?
I suspect there are plenty of sh*thole countries where you'd be welcome.

Old 01-12-2018, 12:16 PM

35 posts, read 22,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Feel free to leave

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!! Absolutely LOVE OUR President!!!!!!!!!! Thank God we have him, and not his opponent

Old 01-12-2018, 12:16 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,741,456 times
I am so sick of Hearing...."let trump be trump".... "this is just what he is"...

The leader of our country is the laughing stock of the world.

Old 01-12-2018, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Pudding View Post
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!! Absolutely LOVE OUR President!!!!!!!!!! Thank God we have him, and not his opponent

His opponent would never come off with what he comes off with....AMEN.

Old 01-12-2018, 12:24 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
What was expected? The OP basically said everyone who voted for Trump should be vilified and children should be taught to hate them. Why? Has the OP ever read a biography of historical people? Past presidents? He’d be surprised by what people say in private. Hell, all he has to do is read CD comments to see worse things said about our own people. Haiti and some African countries are bad. When people can still be enslaved or have to worry that their children will be taken and turned into child warriors, the country is a s-hole.

The answer to your question, "Why?", is that people cannot be bribed with their own money.

The donor class, the less that 0.5% of Americans that contribute $2,500 or more to a political campaign or candidate in any given election cycle, is able to purchase the loyalty of office holders, but they cannot win elections without help.

This is where the mooch and disgruntled classes come in.

They are the votes the donor class doesn't have.

Together, they form a political alliance that protects the wealth of the donor class while taking income from working Americans and using that confiscated money to buy votes.

From the inception of the Great Society, transfer payments have served as the bribes that have paved that way for Democrat's give-aways to the wealthy.

1964, top rate cut from 91% to 77%.......Democrats controlled both houses.
1965, top rate cut from 77% to 70%.......Democrats controlled both houses.
1982, top rate cut from 70% to 50%.......Democrats controlled Congress.
1987, top rate cut from 50% to 38.5%.... Democrats controlled both houses.
1988, top rate cut from 38.5% to 33%.... Democrats controlled both houses.
1991, top rate cut from 33% to 31%........Democrats controlled both houses.

Only recently have working Americans (disproportionately white) taken matters into our own hands.

Old 01-12-2018, 12:27 PM

15,842 posts, read 14,476,031 times
It will be interesting to hear what the whiners have to say when he gets reelected.

Old 01-12-2018, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
It will be interesting to hear what the whiners have to say when he gets reelected.
Wake up, you are dreaming. Or having a nightmare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies