Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2018, 12:31 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,496,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Are you really mocking the parents of murdered children?
Im mocking anyone who needs to prop a class of citizens up to use as an emotional justification for their stance...

Pay attention to history. Want something passed? Throw the whole "do it for the kids" angle.

I don't buy it. Not for one second.
Harsh? Maybe. Then again. I am not compelled by emotion...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2018, 12:35 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,017,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
*sighs*

Are you blind?
I am specifically talking about AR15s

How many rifles were responsible for murders?
So you want to compare one type of gun being used in murders to all types of “knives and cutting instruments”? Sorry, but that’s not a good comparison. You can’t just cherry pick your information and declare that knives are more dangerous.

Old 01-12-2018, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
So you want to compare one type of gun being used in murders to all types of “knives and cutting instruments”? Sorry, but that’s not a good comparison. You can’t just cherry pick your information and declare that knives are more dangerous.
Hypocrite much? Your side focuses on the AR15 every single time.
Before the AR15 it was the AK platform.

That isn't cherry picking data. Try and keep up. AR15s are classified as rifles. Look at the numbers of rifle related homicides. Are you justified? Really are you justified as well as the media in going on the crusade against AR15s?

Numbers say different...
Where is the outrage over Knives, Fists Feet etc They killed more than AR15s Is the point I am proving and you are not even paying attention...

Old 01-12-2018, 01:00 PM

I also mock those that think a gun free zone works.

Bank trucks loaded with cash offering quite the incentive to be attacked. Yet they aren't. I wonder if armed guards have anything to do with it...

Yet... Just place a sign and hope for the best... Because you know... Signs. Signs stopped Columbine and Sandy Hook...

Just rely on a broken system of relying on a badge to come stop the threat in minutes.... When seconds matter.
No just strip the right to life liberty pursuits of happiness and work at eroding the right to protect life by keeping and bearing arms. Its just lazy and more convenient for you to rely on a badge than it is to do it yourself...

Are you really sure you are wanting to try and paint me as some kind of evil for pointing out the flaws and errors of your ways?
Because it would seem to me that you aren't really interested in protecting kids by not allowing school faculty to be armed and trained and keep relying on a system with a response time of minutes. Because police officers dont have congested streets or anything to contend with to get to the scene. Because police are just always there when seconds matter...

If you were really concerned about things like school shootings, You would address them the same fashion we address protecting cash. Arm and train the faculty for if and when those scenarios arise they may thwart the threat and use the "would be attacker" as an example to serve if you want to slaughter our children you will become Swiss cheese yourself.

If your side could have its wish upon a shooting star granted you would waste it making guns and ammo vanish from this earth. You would not have solved anything. All you would do is change the implement. It is short sighted and feeble.

Heres proof in another thread... Once again proves my point for me
Well at least guns were removed its not as bad as fists or knives....

Yet... Fists, Feet, Knives, Killed more than rifles did...
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Your question reminds me of a few others...

How many kids are born with good parents vs bad parents? What difference does it make?

How many kids raised in dysfunctional family environments are going to begin cutting classes at an early age, and what are they likely to do regardless what the parents and/or adults want them to do? Get into street trouble with their fellow troubled friends or study in the library?

Not really sure why this want of input about kids behaving badly landed in this thread, but suffice to say when kids do turn violent, let's hope they choose fists rather than knives and knives rather than guns as their weapon of choice.
See what I mean... As long as the fire arms got banned or vanished thats all that matters. We arent really concerned if these occurrences happen with fists, or knives. Just as long as it doesn't happen with guns. They aren't concerned with solving anything, NOOOO just as long as it does not happen with a gun. Never mind addressing the obvious which is VIOLENT CHILDREN and how to prevent them from becoming violent.

See what I am saying... That would mean we would actually have to discipline kids again? To remove their incentive from becoming violent and abusive? Say it ain't so! Oh that's too much like work. Lets just ban and regulate fire arms. As long as it does not happen with fire arms they can be as violent as they wish...

That post is the talking point of the left, well as long as it doesn't happen with guns that's okay.

Seriously that's perpetuating a problem.

Instead of wishing upon your shooting star to eradicate every gun and every bullet from the face of the earth...

What you should wish upon is that the incentive and motive were to be eradicated from this earth.
Ive lived 30 years. Never killed anyone. Never killed myself. Never harmed myself with a gun. Never harmed others with a gun.
Have been around firearms since age 5. I'm living proof that I am not a threat to society or public health. Others would think different.

Its not the implement that makes the person violent.

That's the same as saying that dress makes you fat. No eating 2 gallons of ice cream every night, wolfing down double chin burgers at lunch and a 5 course dinner with a sedentary lifestyle made you fat. Not the dress.

So yes. I will Mock. It is distasteful. I acknowledge it. Thing is, its supposed to get you to think of the big picture and see the error in your philosophy/ideology.

Old 01-12-2018, 01:37 PM

Oh, before you say firearms have no place in the classroom...

Consider this.

If the goal is to educate children on the risks that come with firearms...
And the goal is to prevent abuse of firearms, prevent negligent discharges...

Would you say it is fair that if firearms safety is not being taught in the home, that it should be taught in school?
Liberals took this approach to safe sex in the classroom and just look at the rate of teenage pregnancy. It declined... ESPECIALLY from 1990 to 2014.

How about abortion rates? Would lower birth rates be due to higher abortion rates? They are down too.

Nope, look at the red-that line is abortions.
Look at the blue-that is birth.
They are both descending... The rate of abortion is still higher than the rate of birth however... And they seem to be the same rate in 2007 according to that chart.

Other factors can play a role too... Other than being educated that kids come with a hefty expense that you are responsible for, until age 18... Could be we don't want to throw our lives away at a young age to be parents. Forfeit hobbies social life etc to raise a kid. Could be the safe sex education worked. Could be other contributing factors as well...

Where would the harm be if there were a firearms safety class in school? Where would the harm be if there was an extracurricular or competitive marksmanship team after school?

I know...

The whole... WHAT IF and it should not be risked. Instead what the approach is, is what Gun Running Eric Holder suggested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYyqBxD-3xw&t=11s

"We need to change the way in which people think about guns... That its not acceptable...And just really brainwash people in a certain way..."

Way to lead by example there Holder. Guns are bad so I am going to run fully functioning weapons to cartels. To be traced. Sure. How'd that work out?

Old 01-12-2018, 04:16 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Who cares if you have a machine gun... "Me Too"

Old 01-12-2018, 04:20 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Oh, before you say firearms have no place in the classroom...

The whole... WHAT IF and it should not be risked. Instead what the approach is, is what Gun Running Eric Holder suggested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYyqBxD-3xw&t=11s

"We need to change the way in which people think about guns... That its not acceptable...And just really brainwash people in a certain way..."

Way to lead by example there Holder. Guns are bad so I am going to run fully functioning weapons to cartels. To be traced. Sure. How'd that work out?

Actually those weapons made it all the way to Hezbollah

Old 01-12-2018, 05:53 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,367,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post
Exactly.
Nobody with any influence is advocating to ban all guns.

What does this have to do with NYC?
Lie.
Quote:
"If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them . . . Mr. and Mrs. America, turn 'em all in, I would have done it.
Senator Feinstein (D) CA (of course)

Old 01-12-2018, 05:57 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,367,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Well, "This is 'Murica, ya know.....guns, God, and Ford pickup trucks !" You aren't a man (or sometimes woman) unless you are armed to the teeth with weapons that spew out hundreds of rounds at a time.

No one it trying to take away legitimate use rifles and pistols, but something needs to be done about machine guns in the hands of people who have no business owning one.
Another ignorant anti gun nut who knows absolutely nothing about the subject and isn't afraid to let everyone know it. You clearly have no idea what the laws are covering machine guns or how many are in the hands of civilians, or how rarely they've been used since Bonnie and Clyde.

Old 01-12-2018, 08:01 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,041,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I've gotten nothing negative to say about NYC liberals....right now the city is flourishing so I guess, carry on. I do enjoy your Trump meltdowns.
The city is flourishing? Flourishing for who? Some middle American College educated white boy who moved to Williamsburg Brooklyn to feel cultured? Nyc has millions of former suburban snow flakes. Nyc maybe flourishing but that state is not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies