Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2018, 10:22 AM

25,721 posts, read 18,797,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
excellent, so YOU BENTLEBEE, now believe FL has the right to be "anti" and that if outsiders don't like then "too bad"... excellent news (REF If you don't agree, too bad!)

BENTLEBEE ADMITS STATES HAVE THE RIGHT TO BE PRO OR ANTI "SANCTUARY"

thus CA is totally within its rights to be a sanctuary state and those who don't like well as bentlebee says "too bad"...
No, I think it's more like, they are agreeing to abide by federal laws. I thought that's what states were supposed to do. Last time they didn't want to, we fought a five year war over it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2018, 10:22 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,837,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Florida House passes sanctuary city ban

If you don't agree, too bad!

Yep, bootlicking Rick Scott has made sure to make his daddy Trump happy. However, now that Scott has aspirations about moving into a Senate seat, we are starting to see him become a kinder, more gentle Rick Scott. He even went so far as to denounce Trump for calling those countries sh**holes. That was very telling.

Scott is a classic politician, he plays to whatever audience will get him the most votes.......kinda like someone we see in DC right now.

Old 01-19-2018, 10:23 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times
No immigrate, illegal or legal has been forced to come here unless they committed a crime and have to show up in court!

Therefore illegal aliens all know and knew that they are here with the risk of being deported at any time.

They are free to try to get their status legal which is smarter and faster to do from outside the US as that means their ban is already counting down.

Nobody should whine about families torn apart as they either came together and can leave together or they came alone and can go back alone to their families.

How about people who loss their family member due to an illegal aliens committing a crime, are they getting their family member back?

If they came here due to being a victim of a crime they are now free to go back without the person committing the crime against them.

Some people seems to forget that stealing someone's ID is a crime, using someone's ID to get a job is a crime, DUi is a crime, not paying taxes is a crime...

Old 01-19-2018, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Yep, bootlicking Rick Scott has made sure to make his daddy Trump happy. However, now that Scott has aspirations about moving into a Senate seat, we are starting to see him become a kinder, more gentle Rick Scott. He even went so far as to denounce Trump for calling those countries sh**holes. That was very telling.

Scott is a classic politician, he plays to whatever audience will get him the most votes.......kinda like someone we see in DC right now.
You may like having hardened criminals from foreign countries allowed into the US, and to stay in the US, so they can terrorize your fellow citizens. But some people do not.

Old 01-19-2018, 10:26 AM

11,780 posts, read 5,792,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pop251808 View Post
They might as well change the name of this site from "City-Data" to "Immigration haters r us" Forum.
Oh please - will people read the posts instead of spouting off at the mouth and looking foolish - it's not about foreigners - it's about illegals - many of them criminals that come to our shores.

Do you have 1st hand experience with assisting these people become "legal" residents. Do you speak with your wallet donating to help illegals - or actually put some physical and mental effort into helping these illegals assimilate and become productive "legal" residents? Do you even speak with your wallet or just say what many other liberals on here to be part of the what you consider "cool" crowd?

Old 01-19-2018, 10:47 AM

1,427 posts, read 1,185,575 times
Default Who's "illegal," Pilgrim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
...it's not about foreigners - it's about illegals - many of them criminals that come to our shores...
Or, are already here. I guess an "illegal" is someone who broke a law. I'll start calling everyone in the US who ever broke a law an "illegal." Example: that guy pulled over on the side of the road with a cop car behind him must be an "illegal," so I won't worry about him; he's "illegal."
This is going to be easy and fun; finger pointing and name callling just about everyone else.

Old 01-19-2018, 11:05 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,634,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
No, I think it's more like, they are agreeing to abide by federal laws. I thought that's what states were supposed to do. Last time they didn't want to, we fought a five year war over it.
NOPE bentlebee just admitted states rights come first.

Old 01-19-2018, 11:06 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,837,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
You may like having hardened criminals from foreign countries allowed into the US, and to stay in the US, so they can terrorize your fellow citizens. But some people do not.

You have been drinking too much of Trump's Kool Aide, time to lay off the sauce a little. EVERY segment of society has a certain percentage of bad people.......be it aliens, accountants, police, church leaders, etc, etc. Just a fact of life. However, the vast majority of people coming here from other countries just want the same things you do, a chance to improve their lot in life, a job, a future for their families, and peace.

The major difference between you and us is that we respect those people and want them to have a shot at what we call "America". It is what made us what we are, and, although there have been some bumps in the road, overall, this little experiment in Democracy has worked very well.

But Trump feeds you lies about ALL immigrants being rapists, drug dealers, and murderers, and you are gullible enough to suck it up. I know lots of people who have come here from other countries, and the vast majority have worked hard to fit in and kept their noses clean.

Old 01-19-2018, 11:10 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,481,067 times
The Republican Governor of Florida refuses to pass E-Verify as a requirement in Florida, even though he campaigned on passing it. He changed his mind after winning. He said it would put a burden on Florida businesses. The Republican Governor of Florida is OK with Florida businesses hiring illegal aliens.

He sides with business that want to hire cheap illegal labor. He conned voters into voting for him about E-Verify, but he's perfectly happy with Florida businesses hiring illegals.

Rick Scott, FL Governor (R) on why he didn't implement E-Verify as a Florida rule:

"I don't want to put Florida businesses at a competitive disadvantage.”

Scott-O-Meter: Require all Florida employers to use E-Verify system | PolitiFact Florida

Old 01-19-2018, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
You have been drinking too much of Trump's Kool Aide, time to lay off the sauce a little. EVERY segment of society has a certain percentage of bad people.......be it aliens, accountants, police, church leaders, etc, etc. Just a fact of life. However, the vast majority of people coming here from other countries just want the same things you do, a chance to improve their lot in life, a job, a future for their families, and peace.

The major difference between you and us is that we respect those people and want them to have a shot at what we call "America". It is what made us what we are, and, although there have been some bumps in the road, overall, this little experiment in Democracy has worked very well.

But Trump feeds you lies about ALL immigrants being rapists, drug dealers, and murderers, and you are gullible enough to suck it up. I know lots of people who have come here from other countries, and the vast majority have worked hard to fit in and kept their noses clean.
I don't respect people who break laws that I see fit to abide by. It's that simple.

I was married to an immigrant from Peru. So you don't need to tell me anything about immigrants or how much I hate them. The woman respected this country that she wanted to be a part of enough to gain entry the right way before we were married. Those sorts of immigrants I have no problem with. Immigrants who break laws to gain entry don't deserve my respect and they certainly are not getting off to a good start with your comment about them "just wanting to come here and be model citizens." They BROKE THE LAW before they even got here. That's not what I call "law abiding" or "model citizens."

Last edited by ChrisC; 01-19-2018 at 12:14 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies