Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2018, 06:56 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,531,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
It would ruin business at Mar-a-Logo

I take it back drill on!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2018, 06:59 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,496,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
So why don't you move to where gas is cheaper? They should have to move to make you happy?
That isn't the point...

You'd oppose lower gas prices due to more volume of product coming in?
You can't be that dense...

I wouldn't oppose it...

Fuel doesn't hurt my wallet. It's a write off for me anyways

But it would be nice for everyone to pay less in fuel. There's winter going on else where with low temperatures, folks needing heating oil and propane... get that from refining what's in the ground...

Strike 1 swing and a miss. Try again.

Old 01-12-2018, 07:28 PM

Say reed... what pays more?

Serving Mai Tais at the beach side tiki bar or being a deckhand/rough neck on an oil rig?

Cleaning hotel rooms or being a pipe fitter on an oil rig?

I thought you guys screamed about the down trodden and lack of paying jobs and the whole "Muh Unionz!" thing...

Old 01-12-2018, 07:40 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,531,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
That isn't the point...

You'd oppose lower gas prices due to more volume of product coming in?
You can't be that dense...

But it would be nice for everyone to pay less in fuel. There's winter going on else where with low temperatures, folks needing heating oil and propane... get that from refining what's in the ground...

Strike 1 swing and a miss. Try again.
Your last post suggested that if they don't like it then they should move. Did it not? I can deal with the cost of the current gas prices we still pay MUCH less then they do overseas.

Quote:

Serving Mai Tais at the beach side tiki bar or being a deckhand/rough neck on an oil rig?

I thought you guys screamed about the down trodden and lack of paying jobs and the whole "Muh Unionz!" thing...

So someone who ISN"T qualified to work on a rig, which there are ALOT of people who can't do that work, what do they do? Go broke? Homeless? What are they going to do?
Do you honestly think that gas prices will be that much lower then what we pay now? You don't think our government won't tax the hell out of it?

You guys?

Old 01-12-2018, 07:56 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,621,263 times
Quote:
After the Trump administration promised Florida that the state would be exempt from expanded offshore oil drilling, other coastal states had just one question: "What about us?"
From Oregon to South Carolina, governors and other leaders are publicly noting that Florida does not have a monopoly on picturesque coasts, tourist economies or local opposition to offshore drilling. But currently, it's the only state to have received a pledge from the administration that it won't be considered for new oil and gas platforms.

But one week later came the carve-out for Florida. In a statement released Tuesday, Zinke praised Florida Gov. Rick Scott as "a straightforward leader that can be trusted," and made a pledge:
"President Trump has directed me to rebuild our offshore oil and gas program in a manner that supports our national energy policy and also takes into consideration the local and state voice. I support the governor's position that Florida is unique and its coasts are heavily reliant on tourism as an economic driver. As a result of discussion with Governor [Scott] and his leadership, I am removing Florida from consideration for any new oil and gas platforms."

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...k-for-the-same

In Florida, some are calling the Trump administration's announcement that the state is exempt from a plan to expand offshore drilling a political stunt to help Gov. Rick Scott.

https://www.npr.org/2018/01/11/57727...-like-floridas

It is a political stunt since Scott wants to run for the Senate and he doesn't stand a chance in hell supporting off shore drilling in our state.

For those of you who want cheap gas prices? Move to Venezuela where it's 33 cents a gallon !

Old 01-12-2018, 08:34 PM

35,691 posts, read 21,045,148 times
No drilling - but as I see in my Years left after retire. Mr T will be let free to ruin everything about my state- in-fact the country. It will bounce back, but will take a long time. Drilling will kill our shore and eco system. Forget our beaches, fishing cruising etc. ughh

Old 01-12-2018, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Your last post suggested that if they don't like it then they should move. Did it not? I can deal with the cost of the current gas prices we still pay MUCH less then they do overseas.

So someone who ISN"T qualified to work on a rig, which there are ALOT of people who can't do that work, what do they do? Go broke? Homeless? What are they going to do?
Do you honestly think that gas prices will be that much lower then what we pay now? You don't think our government won't tax the hell out of it?

You guys?
Nah, NY and California will tax the hell out of it. Ask what people are paying for gas up north... you thing gasoline and diesel are the only things that come out of the ground? Pfft. Winter time in states that get winter, fuel prices climb.

My post suggested vacationing elsewhere. This state could use more industry other than tourism...

Second part, considering I have a very close friend who moved to Texas and earns 80k per year out in the Gulf of Mexico started out as a rough neck with no expirience at 40k and is up to 80k taking company training to be a pipe fitter... yeah.

Strike 2.

Go for 3?

Old 01-12-2018, 08:36 PM

This is hilarious. Idiots would find fault in fuel prices being lower. Because boo hoo I saw an oil rig out in the ocean while being on the beach...

Depending on the volume there could be enough to drop a whole dollar but nooo...

Old 01-12-2018, 08:37 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Florida is a vacation tourist area. It would damage the only thing going for Florida. The economy of Florida is all about tourism. People from around the world come here in the winter months to enjoy the beaches and warm weather.
Florida isn't the only state that relies heavily on tourism from ocean front amenities.

Why just Florida?

Old 01-12-2018, 08:38 PM

35,691 posts, read 21,045,148 times
Quote:

Dumb comparison. - 30 oil employees to 300 or more in just one resort -plus all the sub contractors - food. Laundry - supplies- pool stuff- rental cars- flights and so forth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies