Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2018, 08:51 AM

27,564 posts, read 28,659,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
Some conservatives seem to be for renewables while others are against. What's your opinion on renewables and why?
If it works efficiently and is economical, then I’ll use it.

No reason not to if it meets these conditions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2018, 09:04 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,285,067 times
I've been known to support the wind energy tax credit. Perhaps I shouldn't and perhaps wind should stand on it's own.. then again farmers shouldn't get subsidies to not farm and neither should big oil.... either remove them all or I'll keep supporting the wind energy tax credit. I support wind. Most people who've never driven through the great plains can't appreciate just how windy it is out here, and nobody cares or thinks they detract from the landscape.. they're in the middle of farm country.

Old 01-13-2018, 09:06 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
I've been known to support the wind energy tax credit. Perhaps I shouldn't and perhaps wind should stand on it's own.. then again farmers shouldn't get subsidies to not farm and neither should big oil.... either remove them all or I'll keep supporting the wind energy tax credit. I support wind. Most people who've never driven through the great plains can't appreciate just how windy it is out here, and nobody cares or thinks they detract from the landscape.. they're in the middle of farm country.
Remove them all.

Old 01-13-2018, 09:08 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,165,048 times
If it's free market let it all rip....I don't care. I know the normal tree huggers don't like the noise of windmills......just like jet engines it's "not in my backyard" and the birds don't like them either.....lol

Old 01-13-2018, 09:08 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,726,169 times
Quote:
Do you talk to people in the country???Because everyone I know thinks they suck... Even guys making money from wind leases The only people making money off wind are the developers....The rate payers sure don't!

Old 01-13-2018, 09:11 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Do you talk to people in the country???Because everyone I know thinks they suck... Even guys making money from wind leases The only people making money off wind are the developers....The rate payers sure don't!
GE is making money, as they make wind turbines, and do some other companies. I dislike wind turbines for many reason. They are expensive to buy, own, operate, and maintain.

Old 01-13-2018, 09:18 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,726,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
GE is making money, as they make wind turbines, and do some other companies. I dislike wind turbines for many reason. They are expensive to buy, own, operate, and maintain.
I did not include the manufactures. You are correct sir. You are also correct they are indeed expensive to own, operate and maintain. The only time we don't lose money on wind is when it doesn't blow........

Old 01-13-2018, 09:25 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,271,829 times
You know why liberals fell in love with renewables, don't you? There was a time, before the Dems became the favorite of big business, Big Oil was one of the biggest donors to the Republican party. Republicans had to be defunded. Same goes for Big Tobacco. Renewables are also much more under government thumb. You can't name one renewable company that anyone has heard of. Exxon and Mobile? Well...

Old 01-13-2018, 09:28 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,563,173 times
Quote:
Remove them all!

By the way, wind farms are known to change how the wind blows which has a huge impact on the ecosystem because so many living beings depend on how the air flows. The larger the farm, the bigger the impact, sometimes devastating.

Old 01-13-2018, 09:34 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
I'm fine with them as long as I'm not forced to subsidize them through taxes. If those technologies prevail through the free market, I see no reason to stop them.
So, you're OK with the huge breaks that fossil fuels receive?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies