Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is LEGAL immigration bad for the United States?
Yes 10 24.39%
No 31 75.61%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2018, 08:47 AM

3,331 posts, read 1,961,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
It never ceases to amaze me how the far-right condemns people based on their religion, skin-color, or sexuality and not the content of their character. Any party that elects a lily-white, bigoted scumbag like Trump is in NO position to whine about "other people not judging people fairly."

Get the bigoted idiots in your own party under control before whining about other people's unfair judgment.
Gotcha where it hurts, huh?
I can tell I did because of your childish insults and your pee wee herman argument.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2018, 08:50 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily87 View Post
I don’t think that this is a yes or no question. I think that it can be both. Unskilled legal immigrants can be harmful to the economy and society. Skilled immigrants are more beneficial
We don't allow unskilled legal immigrants into the country except for some refugees. Applicants for the diversity visa program have to document their education, prove they are capable of supporting themselves and have job skills, look it up for yourself.

Old 01-14-2018, 09:04 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
3rd world immigrant here. Engineer for a major firm. Explain how i am causing "bleeding"?
The poster said too many and it's not about you. Hopefully you're better at engineering than you are at comprehending a simple statement.

Old 01-14-2018, 09:09 AM

1,225 posts, read 605,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
We don't allow unskilled legal immigrants into the country except for some refugees. Applicants for the diversity visa program have to document their education, prove they are capable of supporting themselves and have job skills, look it up for yourself.
Chain migration allows unskilled immigrants, h2a and h2b are unskilled

Old 01-14-2018, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enraeh View Post
Indeed. It never ceases to amaze me how democrats want to import people based on the color of their skin and not on the content of their character.
You just won a prize! most absurd claim in the entire thread

Old 01-14-2018, 09:10 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
It never ceases to amaze me how the far-right condemns people based on their religion, skin-color, or sexuality and not the content of their character. Any party that elects a lily-white, bigoted scumbag like Trump is in NO position to whine about "other people not judging people fairly."

Get the bigoted idiots in your own party under control before whining about other people's unfair judgment.
LMAO Railing about bigots while making a bigoted statement. Priceless

Old 01-14-2018, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
The US has a negative growth rate without immigration. Allowing people from other countries with positive rates allows that trend to continue regardless of dwindling resources.
So a shrinking workforce is good for the economy?

"Without immigrants, Pew projects the total U.S. workforce population -- those ages 25 to 64 -- would fall from 173.2 million in 2015 to 165.6 million in 2035. But if the current rate of both legal and unauthorized immigration remains steady, Pew projects that the number of working-age adults will rise to 183.2 million in 2035. New immigrant arrivals would account for all of those gains, researchers said.

That's because the largest portion of the working population, people born in the U.S. to parents who were also born here, is shrinking. According to Pew, this segment of the workforce is expected to fall from 128.3 million people in 2015 to 120.1 million by 2035. U.S.-born workers will go from accounting for 74% of the workforce to just 66% of it."

Without immigrants, U.S. workforce would shrink dramatically over next 20 years - Mar. 8, 2017

https://www.axios.com/the-american-w...1d676a8e0.html

Old 01-14-2018, 09:56 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.7traveler View Post
We already have plenty of immigrants and diversity. Especially from ****hole countries. Only skilled workers need apply (ie almost no one from ****hole countries) and pre 1965 levels. Merit based immigration like every other country liberals love so dearly.

The new wave of immigrants isn't here to assimilate and become Americans. They are here to invade and divide while sucking up welfare.

Also restrict and heavily vet would be Muslim immigrants, which are incompatible with American ideals.
Given your description of recent immigrants, I'm going to guess you've met very few if any of them and are just parroting garbage you heard on right wing propaganda outlets.

Old 01-14-2018, 09:58 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,751,235 times
I thought automation was supposed to take away many of our jobs? Why do we still need a rapidly growing workforce if the workforce is going to be displaced by robots anyway? And what about overpopulation? Is that not a problem anymore?

Old 01-14-2018, 11:47 AM

22,472 posts, read 11,995,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Given your description of recent immigrants, I'm going to guess you've met very few if any of them and are just parroting garbage you heard on right wing propaganda outlets.

It's more like you who hasn't met a good cross section of "recent immigrants". You apparently think that they are all such sweet and innocent hard-working people. Wow! That's some bubble you live in.

Here's a newsflash for you --- Yes, there are legal immigrants who obeyed our laws and patiently awaited their turn to come here. They speak English and have assimilated quite well into our society. They also pay their own way and never rely on welfare.

There are also unskilled, uneducated legal immigrants who live off welfare. They tend to crowd into houses and the next thing you know, they've destroyed entire neighborhoods.

There are also illegal aliens who destroy neighborhoods and schools. Illegals are parasites who take far, far more than they give. Not only that, but they have no business being here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies