Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you republican, democrat, neither/depends, other?
Republican 20 22.99%
Democrat 24 27.59%
Neither/It depends 22 25.29%
Other 21 24.14%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2018, 09:37 PM

78,345 posts, read 60,539,645 times

Advertisements

You should have made it an open poll so we could mock the hard right and left posters for claiming they aren't.

We have some rather shameless liars on this forum sadly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2018, 09:38 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,612,593 times
I have been independent for 20 plus years. I look for a candidate based on potential policies rather than party lines but it is almost impossible to find someone I somewhat agree with. I selected other.

Last edited by Timmyy; 01-14-2018 at 09:54 PM..

Old 01-14-2018, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
I'm an Independent who has leaned left lately, especially due to Trump and the spineless GOPs. Should my choice be Other or It Depends? Sounds the same to me....
Um, who was the last republican you voted for?

Old 01-14-2018, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
I'm an Independent who has leaned left lately, especially due to Trump and the spineless GOPs. Should my choice be Other or It Depends? Sounds the same to me....
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-liberals.html

Yet you started a thread labeled "Fellow Liberals"?

Man, pass the popcorn....this ought to be good.

Old 01-14-2018, 09:48 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,111,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-liberals.html

Yet you started a thread labeled "Fellow Liberals"?

Man, pass the popcorn....this ought to be good.
One can be liberal, yet not a Democrat. Conservative, but not Republican, and so on. Poster said they leaned left.

Old 01-14-2018, 09:54 PM

16,549 posts, read 8,589,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
Don't knock the republicans for trump. They didn't even want him in there.
That may be true of the "establishment Republicans", yet while I found myself defending them, I am beginning to realize many so called establishment (R's) are nothing more than feckless eunuchs who are more liberal in their thinking than anyone would imagine.

Those of us who have studied American political history know that northeastern (R's) were more like (D's) of today than conservatives.
Whether it be the NYC elitists or the Rockefeller sect, they would rather agree to a liberal deal than stand on conservative principles like our Founding Fathers would have.
It has been this way since the Nixon era, and even Reagan had to battle with them for the soul of the party and conservative principles.

`

Old 01-14-2018, 10:00 PM

10,441 posts, read 4,032,699 times
Registered Democrat, but have been voting independent or Republican past couple of elections. So, it's neither, or depends for me. All I want is to be able to own my guns, my cousins to be able to smoke their weed, and the government to butt out of my life once I am on my property! Stop making up BS laws so that we are all criminals one way or another.

Old 01-14-2018, 10:01 PM

9,169 posts, read 13,238,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Going to be a BS poll, hate to tell you this.

We've had left and right wingers...I mean HARD CORE posters.....try to claim they're "independent".

I'm talking about the mentally ill types that would look you in the eye and say "well, I've voted XYZ for 30 years but it's only because they're right about everything and they have the best candidates so I'm an independent!"

I clicked independent because I've not only voted R & D in the past 30 years but 3rd party as well when I just couldn't stomach either one.
I agree, being an Independent does not just mean that you are really a Democrat or Republican but never bothered joining the party. It means you are open minded, think for yourself, and realize both parties have significant flaws and corruption. You see your vote as trying to balance them out and often you vote as a protest vote.

Having said that, I know registered Democrats and Republicans who do vote across party lines from time to time when their party has a bad candidate or the other party has a good candidate. I can respect people like that.

Old 01-14-2018, 10:03 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,111,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
I agree, being an Independent does not just mean that you are really a Democrat or Republican but never bothered joining the party. It means you are open minded, think for yourself, and realize both parties have significant flaws and corruption. You see your vote as trying to balance them out and often you vote as a protest vote.

Having said that, I know registered Democrats and Republicans who do vote across party lines from time to time when their party has a bad candidate or the other party has a good candidate. I can respect people like that.
Yup, I was a registered Republicans, but switched to Independent. I think both parties are due to end. Voted 3rd party last time.

Old 01-14-2018, 10:10 PM

32,062 posts, read 15,046,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
Yup, I was a registered Republicans, but switched to Independent. I think both parties are due to end. Voted 3rd party last time.

Republican and democratic parties aren't going to end. Third parties candidates don't have the funding to be a real contender. So your vote was wasted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies