Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2018, 06:07 PM

3,331 posts, read 1,963,030 times

Advertisements

Why do liberals want to bring in immigrants based on the color of their skin rather than the content of their character?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2018, 06:13 PM

62,951 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
The present system of allowing people to get work visas, green cards, and eventually citizenship is not technically a merit system BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT.......

you can't get that work visa without certain requirements.....in a merit system those requirements would have points...they don't have points now but you can't get the work visa without those requirements. So whether or not my husband got his original work visa with enough points or based on the fact he fulfilled certain requirements -- it was the same result.

That's the thing -- the immigration problem in the states isn't because the present system doesn't have specific requirements.
The illegal resident situation was based on the the federal, state governments and citizens allowing temporary workers and illegals to work without papers.

Go ahead implement a merit system. I would still get into the country. My husband's company presented a two inch thick document to prove his worth to the USA. He got his visa...and then me and the kids got ours (yup that chain migration). We eventually got green cards because there were jobs, blah blah blah......and now we are citizens.

No merit system but there was vetting, interviews, finger prints, etc.....

A merit immigration system isn't the solution.....a proper vetting of visas, tracking of visas, and yes -- coming down harder on those that don't have the right status.

That means employers, individuals who hire illegals are also criminals for hiring illegals.

Everyone has to pay to play.
Here's where you go wrong. The merit system would not disclude spouses and children of the immigrant. It would deny parents, grandparents, cousins, uncles, etc. from getting in under chain migration.

No, law abiding Americans did not allow illegal aliens into our country and in fact oppose it and we aren't going to pay for the negligence of our government or the greedy employers who hire them by allowing them to remain here. The illegals themselves and the greedy employers are equally guilty of breaking the law. Fine and jail the employers and deport their illegal workers.

Old 01-13-2018, 06:19 PM

62,951 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enraeh View Post
Why do liberals want to bring in immigrants based on the color of their skin rather than the content of their character?

For one, many liberals are self-hating whites that feel they owe people of color for some past injustices they suffered by dead white people and many of them like non-whites because they feel they can control them and can pay them less for working. The liberal left know that non-whites almost always vote Democrat also.

Old 01-13-2018, 06:22 PM

1,323 posts, read 588,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
How are you suppose to trade with a nation that produces next to nothing and has nothing to trade? Plenty of money and aid has been poured into Haiti but it doesn't accomplish much.

Just typical clichéd and hackneyed labels liberals use. Different groups of people differ in tendencies and are responsible for the cultures they create.
Don't be obtuse.

Haiti supplied 40% of the sugar and 60% of the coffee imported to Europe. So once Europe was prevented from stealing it, Europe choose not to buy it. But whatever, facts are wasted here.

And as for your lovely dog breed analogy, what are you going to do with all the mutts running around? What are our tendencies? What if you can't tell what we are? And aren't mutts healthier and stronger than purebreds? Hmm...see some dark days ahead for you.

Old 01-13-2018, 06:37 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
The present system of allowing people to get work visas, green cards, and eventually citizenship is not technically a merit system BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT.......

you can't get that work visa without certain requirements.....in a merit system those requirements would have points...they don't have points now but you can't get the work visa without those requirements. So whether or not my husband got his original work visa with enough points or based on the fact he fulfilled certain requirements -- it was the same result.

That's the thing -- the immigration problem in the states isn't because the present system doesn't have specific requirements.
The illegal resident situation was based on the the federal, state governments and citizens allowing temporary workers and illegals to work without papers.

Go ahead implement a merit system. I would still get into the country. My husband's company presented a two inch thick document to prove his worth to the USA. He got his visa...and then me and the kids got ours (yup that chain migration). We eventually got green cards because there were jobs, blah blah blah......and now we are citizens.

No merit system but there was vetting, interviews, finger prints, etc.....

A merit immigration system isn't the solution.....a proper vetting of visas, tracking of visas, and yes -- coming down harder on those that don't have the right status.

That means employers, individuals who hire illegals are also criminals for hiring illegals.

Everyone has to pay to play.
I'm not sure what to make of your post as it addresses illegals but not the legal immigration problems. But the bolded, chain immigration is not considered the spouse and kids, but is all the parents and other extended relatives that get visas just for being related-not based on merit.

The immigration system is complicated, there's work visas/"non-immigrant visas" and there's immigrant visas and there's lottery visas, refugees etc and then the illegals, but the problem is we issue way too many visas especially immigrant visas and too many green cards every year over 1 million. And we issue these green cards to people from every corner or backwater on earth. It's quite dubious that there's much relative merit involved judging by all the low class immigrants seen every where nowadays, and it's very dubious that people from any and every nation on earth even crapholes are identical, interchangeable and compatible with the native American population.

If the argument is America needs more workers and consumers (we don't really) then why are we issuing over 1 million green cards/citizenship to those of globalized origin and not just temporary non-immigrant work visas from select countries? It's demographic replacement/displacement and everything that comes with that.

Old 01-13-2018, 06:38 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,382,658 times
Do other countries in the world have an open immigration policy?

Old 01-13-2018, 06:40 PM

1,400 posts, read 863,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I totally agree. Back then we needed manual laborers to build our country. It didn't matter if they were poor because there was no welfare state back then. They rolled up their sleeves and worked and if they couldn't make it here they returned to their homelands. Our needs have changed over the past 100 years and we no longer need those types of immigrants. I seriously doubt that there are many well educated, well off Haitians that are even applying to migrate here if so then let them in. But for the most part they are not that type of immigrant and they would be a burden to our society rather than a benefit. I don't know why so many people think that we should base our immigration policies today on what was needed a 100 years ago. It's truly mind boggling.
Exactly. Our immigration policy should be based on our needs, not what potential immigrants need. Democrats like to make it about race, but that should have absolutely nothing to do with this discussion.

Old 01-13-2018, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajo13 View Post
Don't be obtuse.
Haiti supplied 40% of the sugar and 60% of the coffee imported to Europe. So once Europe was prevented from stealing it, Europe choose not to buy it. But whatever, facts are wasted here.
Haiti produced that when managed as a colony. They produced nothing after they were left to their own devices. And why should Europe have anything to do with Haiti after they revolted justifiably or what and genocided all the Europeans there?

Quote:
And as for your lovely dog breed analogy, what are you going to do with all the mutts running around? What are our tendencies? What if you can't tell what we are? And aren't mutts healthier and stronger than purebreds? Hmm...see some dark days ahead for you.
Oh no how will I solve such a juvenile riddle and strawman? Mixed breeds depending on the breed mixture have mixed traits and sometimes more toward one than the other. Why would I do anything about any ethnicity or mixed ethnicity? Dog breeds and human races/ethnicities aren't a perfect analogy-human races/ethnicities are not quite pure breeds nor in general suffer from inbreeding and related health problems at the group level, and there's no hybrid vigor of being mixed race over single race.

Old 01-13-2018, 07:00 PM

1,323 posts, read 588,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Haiti produced that when managed as a colony. They produced nothing after they were left to their own devices. And why should Europe have anything to do with Haiti after they revolted justifiably or what and genocided all the Europeans there?

Oh no how will I solve such a juvenile riddle and strawman? Mixed breeds depending on the breed mixture have mixed traits and sometimes more toward one than the other. Why would I do anything about any ethnicity or mixed ethnicity? Dog breeds and human races/ethnicity aren't a perfect analogy-human races/ethnicity are not pure breeds nor in general suffer from inbreeding health at the group level, and there's no hybrid vigor of being mixed race over single race.
So do you make things that no one buys? I'm just going to grow all this coffee and let it idle in the sun.

Oh so now your analog doesn't work. Ok

Old 01-13-2018, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Do other countries in the world have an open immigration policy?
No developed nations that I know of besides peculiarly, suspiciously white western ones forced upon them by their globalist government leaders.. The only few I know of are crapholes and almost lawless, but the people are not welcoming at all to foreigners especially white ones and don't exactly crown you a citizen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies