Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2018, 03:57 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
There are laws and then there are laws. These innocents were brought in without their consent, they were very young at the time. They did nothing wrong, maybe their parents did, but not them. To punish them, who have lived here and call this home, is simply being nasty and heartless. They just want the same opportunities and life we all have, and there is nothing wrong with that.
As long as it’s done legally.

You either enforce laws or have no laws.

All illegal immigrants need to leave regardless of circumstance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2018, 05:11 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,133,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
As long as it’s done legally.

You either enforce laws or have no laws.

All illegal immigrants need to leave regardless of circumstance.
When it comes to any agreement on DACA; why is it always all or nothing? I know, that if I turn the TV to any of the liberal stations, that I see only deserving illegal immigrants that were brought into our Country at a very young age, obeyed all of our laws, excelled in school, and worked very long/hard hours to support themselves and family. Of course the reality is that many receive public assistance, some have taken jobs that Americans and legal immigrants would have taken (anybody notice how many homeless we have) and some of them have been in trouble with the law.

What I am saying is that there is good mixed with the bad. I am opposed to any deal - but if any deal is on the table; there should be further requirements. It would be a privilege that we are extending to those we feel are worthy. If they are guilty of any crimes or have problems of any kind; do we need more baggage?

Old 01-15-2018, 06:08 AM

18,465 posts, read 15,244,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
When it comes to any agreement on DACA; why is it always all or nothing? I know, that if I turn the TV to any of the liberal stations, that I see only deserving illegal immigrants that were brought into our Country at a very young age, obeyed all of our laws, excelled in school, and worked very long/hard hours to support themselves and family. Of course the reality is that many receive public assistance, some have taken jobs that Americans and legal immigrants would have taken (anybody notice how many homeless we have) and some of them have been in trouble with the law.

What I am saying is that there is good mixed with the bad. I am opposed to any deal - but if any deal is on the table; there should be further requirements. It would be a privilege that we are extending to those we feel are worthy. If they are guilty of any crimes or have problems of any kind; do we need more baggage?
More importantly, it has to be tied to preventing more DACAs in the future.

That is what the Dems seem to be fighting against.

Old 01-15-2018, 06:12 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,133,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
More importantly, it has to be tied to preventing more DACAs in the future.

That is what the Dems seem to be fighting against.
Good point! By the way; where is Soros lately and where is his money going?

Old 01-15-2018, 06:38 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,268,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
"Currently there are 65 DACA-protected students enrolled in medical school and less than 12 DACA individuals in residency programs, according to the AAMC."

DACA repeal will make doctor shortage in the U.S. worse, AMA says - Sep. 6, 2017
So why don't we write this into the law? If you are here illegally and are admitted to the medical school or in a residency program then you can become a citizen. This is the way to do it if you are serious.

Old 01-15-2018, 08:50 AM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
We are all immigrants and illegals to this foreign country know as america. We slaughtered native americans to take over their land. We were unlawfully here because there were no laws at the time. Why do we belong here, maybe we should go back to our own land.

WTH are you talking about? No one born here is an immigrant they are native born U.S. citizens. They didn't migrate here! How the heck does that make them illegal aliens? Who is "we" who slaughtered the Indians (who were not native to this country or continent) those people are all dead now. How could one be unlawfully here when there were no immigration laws at the time? Our own land is the land we were born on. I swear you make the most moronic posts in here than anyone else.

Old 01-15-2018, 08:53 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,073,740 times
Quote:
We are all immigrants and illegals to this foreign country know as america. We slaughtered native americans to take over their land. We were unlawfully here because there were no laws at the time. Why do we belong here, maybe we should go back to our own land.
I was born in the US and am a US citizen.
My parents were born in the US and also US citizens.
My grandparents were legal immigrants that came here legally and became US citizens.

If you consider yourself an illegal immigrant fine..but many of us are US citizens, not immigrants and not here illegally.

Old 01-15-2018, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Are you a christian and a believer in God. If you say yes then you are a hypocrite. As a catholic, I really hate false christians. If you are an atheist then I understand your position, somewhat. You just don't care about others.

God said to obey the laws of the land and not take from others what doesn't belong to you. Illegals aliens are the guilty party not law abiding Americans. So it is you that is the hypocrite defending law breakers. Why don't you care about the negative impact that illegal immigration has had on our own citizens, hypocrite!

Old 01-15-2018, 08:58 AM

Quote:
[/b]

I absolutely agree with you. But Trump is listening to Steve Miller, his senior adviser on policy, who is part of the white supremacy movement. t. Maga means making america white again.

Funny, I don't see a "W" in the terms MAGA. How is it white supremacy to want our immigration laws respected and enforced? Our laws aren't base on race.

Old 01-15-2018, 09:01 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,073,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
There are laws and then there are laws. These innocents were brought in without their consent, they were very young at the time. They did nothing wrong, maybe their parents did, but not them. To punish them, who have lived here and call this home, is simply being nasty and heartless. They just want the same opportunities and life we all have, and there is nothing wrong with that.
25% of DACA recipients cannot speak any English.
46% of DACA recipients can speak a little English.
20% will end up on welfare per the CBO.

They didn't come here when they were "very young innocents".
The cutoff for DACA is 31 years old.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...english-study/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies