Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2018, 11:06 PM

10,075 posts, read 7,535,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
[/b]

Well they probably will but why do we care. They work and pay taxes just like the rest of us. They pay for college. Honestly, why are we so concerned about them when we should be more concerned about gangs and deporting them.
we arrest criminals... and punish them following the laws of the country

illegal aliens are deported because they are not US citizens, as such, they fall outside US jurisdiction, we are returning them to the country that has jurisdiction over them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2018, 11:06 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,620,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLSFan View Post
I would have spent the 18 years growing up here with all the resources figuring out how to become a legal resident if I planned to stay here...

no different than if I wanted to immigrate to another country you know

you keep acting like they didn't know until last year that they were illegal...
We have a church in North Carolina who was telling on the news about this lady who they are harboring who has been in this country for years. She has been ordered to leave. What I noticed is that she has made no effort to acclimate. She spoke no English whatsoever in the interview. If she really wanted to be a citizen, wouldn't you think she should be speaking our language. If I remember correctly, she had been here 25 years. And we are supposed to feel sorry for her when she makes no effort to fit in.

Old 01-14-2018, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
What about Trump's executive orders, they aren't law either. Do you support them?
as long as he is president, yes I do... because that's part of his executive powers...

will I support them once he is out of office? not unless the next president continues it

I don't have to like his EOs to support them... neither do I have to like paying taxes to support paying them because it is the law

Old 01-14-2018, 11:09 PM

42,839 posts, read 26,242,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLSFan View Post
as long as he is president, yes I do... because that's part of his executive powers... will I support them once he is out of office? not unless the next president continues it
I don't have to like his EOs to support them... neither do I have to like paying taxes to support paying them because it is the law
So the new rule is that EO's end when a new President is elected? lol

Old 01-14-2018, 11:09 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,620,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Are you talking about making America white again.
You need to apologize for that remark. How dare you! Wanting our laws to be upheld has nothing to do with color. You can save your guilt trip for someone who swallows your crap. We have been more than fair to these people. Many countries would have put them in prison. We paid for their housing, medical, education, etc. and they repay us by flying their flags on our streets. You illegal lovers are nothing but a bunch of hypocrites.

When an American citizen breaks the law, their children have to live with their lives being in upheaval. DACA's parents broke the law and we give them privileges our own citizens don't have. And we have people like you trying to shame us because we don't like our citizens being treated unfairly by having to pay for their mistakes. It is about to bankrupt our nation.

Last edited by NCN; 01-14-2018 at 11:19 PM..

Old 01-14-2018, 11:10 PM

Quote:
So babies and kids in elementary school are expected to work on becoming a citizen? What are you even talking about?
no, I don't support punishing minors to the full extent of the law

what happens when they are no longer minors? I don't mind prosecuting them at that point
Quote:
So the new rule is that EO's end when a new President is elected? lol
it is when the new president reverses it

Old 01-14-2018, 11:11 PM

42,839 posts, read 26,242,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
We have a church in North Carolina who was telling on the news about this lady who they are harboring who has been in this country for years. She has been ordered to leave. What I noticed is that she has made no effort to acclimate. She spoke no English whatsoever in the interview. If she really wanted to be a citizen, wouldn't you think she should be speaking our language. If I remember correctly, she had been here 25 years. And we are supposed to feel sorry for her when she makes no effort to fit in.
Why bother "acclimatizing"? If she was in the US illegally there was no path to citizenship. I'm surprised I have to tell you that.

Old 01-14-2018, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Why bother "acclimatizing"? If she was in the US illegally there was no path to citizenship. I'm surprised I have to tell you that.
and you are supporting her staying here? without a path to citizenship?

what exactly do you have in mind for her future? that she keeps hiding out in church until she dies?

Old 01-14-2018, 11:14 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,754,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
There was an interview the other night with three DACA med students. These are the type of people we want in the US--intelligent, productive and industrious. During the interview, one of them said "if I can't stay in the US, I'm not going to go to Guatemala--I'll just go to a country in Europe that needs doctors.
It seems really bizarre to me that the US would kick out people they need, like physicians.
Please... ... Out of the 800,000 DACA beneficiaries you could probably count the number who become doctors on the fingers of one hand. This is called propaganda, and you fell for it.

Old 01-14-2018, 11:18 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,111,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Please... ... Out of the 800,000 DACA beneficiaries you could probably count the number who become doctors on the fingers of one hand. This is called propaganda, and you fell for it.
“"Estimates have shown that the DACA initiative could help introduce 5,400 previously ineligible physicians into the U.S. healthcare system in the coming decades to help address these shortages and ensure patient access to care," AMA's letter said.”

Major doctors group: Ending DACA would make doctor shortages worse
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies