Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2018, 07:44 PM

20,758 posts, read 8,559,342 times

Advertisements

One reason I take him seriously is because of the tax money I will save from this new tax cut bill. Unfortunately, I've already spent it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2018, 07:53 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,010,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
Donald Trump to Haitian voters: I want to be your greatest champion | Miami Herald

This, just before the campaign ended, him telling Haitians "I want to be your greatest champion".
For those that are here legally he probably is.

Old 01-14-2018, 08:09 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,030,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
The only reason to take Trump "seriously" is because he managed to bamboozle millions of gullible people into electing him president. So we have to humor him - which is pretty much all his staff does. Apart from that, there is no real reason to take him seriously. As you correctly point out, he is an untrustworthy flip-flopper without any grounding in intellect, facts, or integrity.

If - as is likely to happen - he leaves the office covered with shame, the only people who will take him "seriously" thereafter are autograph seekers who keep imagining that the was a good businessman, or who regard him as admirably vicious in his pervasive hostility.
Exactly. He's a lair, a bigot, a fraud, an idiot, and a man-child. The only thing "serious" about him is the threat he represents to everything this nation represents and world stability, which is what happens when a rich thug like him is the president. But, sadly, about 1 in 3 Americans blindly believe everything he says, despite the fact that a few years ago - before he became a sainted Republican - they wouldn't have trusted him with their retirement fund, house for a weekend, or wife or daughter for a night. Hypocrisy at its finest.

Old 01-15-2018, 06:32 AM

5,790 posts, read 3,595,380 times
Taking him seriously -- what I meant by that is that Trump lacks integrity: I mean, telling Haitian-Americans that he wants to be their greatest champion, then calling their country a ****hole - and African countries in general, plus El Salvador? How is that not racist? There is simply just no other way to interpret it, especially since even Trump knows there are plenty, plenty, of other ways to describe those lands without disparagment. I mean, it's one thing to hear that stuff from somebody in some backstreet dive bar, but to hear it from the POTUS??? <shakes my head> No words.

Oh, as for the tax plan. The poorest of Americans would pay MORE, not less. The richest would get a tax cut as well.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/tr...ers-2017-10-23

Last edited by Phil75230; 01-15-2018 at 06:41 AM..

Old 01-15-2018, 06:38 AM

8,313 posts, read 3,920,745 times
Quote:
Donald Trump to Haitian voters: I want to be your greatest champion | Miami Herald

This, just before the campaign ended, him telling Haitians "I want to be your greatest champion".

This is nothing more than a rhetorical question, but I understand why you continue to ask it. At this point, clearly the Trump base is never going to denounce the Great Leader; they can't. They have gone out on a limb with him and they will keep parroting the propaganda and the NAFP party line until the bitter end. The vast majority of them KNOW exactly what he is and what he stands for, nothing more than a garden variety neo-fascist, but most of them don't have the courage of their convictions to come right out and speak the truth. That's why it is so hard to have any respect for the flip-flopping pretzel logic Trump supporters. In a way, I have more respect for the white Nationalists - you might not agree with them, but at least you know where they stand. It's when the Cult lies straight to your face that you begin to get a sour taste in your mouth.

Old 01-15-2018, 06:44 AM

7,974 posts, read 7,346,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
Methinks that 50% figure is a wee bit overstated.

Yet 48.21 percent of posters on this forum agree with his statement.

Old 01-15-2018, 06:51 AM

15,523 posts, read 10,487,502 times
Quote:
Taking him seriously -- what I meant by that is that Trump lacks integrity: I mean, telling Haitian-Americans that he wants to be their greatest champion, then calling their country a ****hole - and African countries in general, plus El Salvador? How is that not racist? There is simply just no other way to interpret it, especially since even Trump knows there are plenty, plenty, of other ways to describe those lands without disparagment. I mean, it's one thing to hear that stuff from somebody in some backstreet dive bar, but to hear it from the POTUS??? <shakes my head> No words.

Oh, as for the tax plan. The poorest of Americans would pay MORE, not less. The richest would get a tax cut as well.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/tr...ers-2017-10-23
Well Phil, those countries aren't exactly utopias. And, Presidents have used salty language before, this is nothing new. As far as the racist stuff, long before he was President, Trump opened up his wallet for the people of Haiti. As far as I'm concerned, we can move forward and try to get something done, or we can spend all week talking about a he said, she said (so to speak).

Old 01-15-2018, 06:56 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,949,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
He was elected. About 50% Americans supported him.
These people may not be in your friend circle but obviously are enormous.
The key word is supported. As in past tense. With an approval rate hovering around 36%, many Trump voters are now regretting their vote.

Old 01-15-2018, 07:01 AM

7,974 posts, read 7,346,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
The key word is supported. As in past tense. With an approval rate hovering around 36%, many Trump voters are now regretting their vote.

Then please explain how 48.21 percent of posters on this forum agree with his statement.

Old 01-15-2018, 07:04 AM

8,313 posts, read 3,920,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Well Phil, those countries aren't exactly utopias. And, Presidents have used salty language before, this is nothing new. As far as the racist stuff, long before he was President, Trump opened up his wallet for the people of Haiti. As far as I'm concerned, we can move forward and try to get something done, or we can spend all week talking about a he said, she said (so to speak).
Actually, we are going to spend the next 3 years speaking the truth about this vile piece of trash that you elected to be our President. It would be awfully convenient for everyone to just accept his foul mouth and juvenile ranting as "normal" but that is not going to happen, because there are still a lot of people in this country with basic integrity and moral courage. So if you think it's a rough ride now trying to support this guy, it's going to get a lot harder as more people, both here in the USA and all over the world begin to realize exactly what he represents. Trump is lucky to have someone like Sarah Sanders who is able to spin a fairy tale every single day to justify his bizarre behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies